• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
BW post? BW post.

Flash actually doing Bio to Mech vs Effort was great and interesting to see. Catching up on BW stuff while GSL is not on, and GSTL is in early stages.

Flash sweating bullets min game after going 6 CC (Building his 6th) off 2 factories and a starport. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cRxJTeqzMYs#t=1211s

13535642.jpg

35s876.jpg

13534993.jpg

35sa17.jpg

tTlz7.jpg

dRXPv.png

klhl.png

35u17d.jpg

fanboi

Banned
Catz ZvP is 100% epic cheese and powerful all-ins from what I've seen. Shame theres not much opportunity to mimic it in ZvT or ZvZ or he might he a threatening player.

Meanwhile Sase just took down ForGG 2-0 in the FXOpen Invitational LB...

Well he has a hard time in that matchup so I applaud him in doing what he is doing and doing it creativly.

And SaSe taking forgg down 2-0? Didnt see that coming from the play yesterday.

fanboi

Banned
Ok, just to get some discussion up in this thread.

ZvZ BO (which I always utilise unless I scout very early pool):

15 hatch, 15 pool, 15 gas.

Build two queens directly when pool finish, rally drones from FE to main (important!).
When 100 gas, speed.

When the pressure begins, its imperative that you place queens to block the ramp to your main.

Depending, it can be good to build a spine or two.

If attack fails and he goes back to macro (hatch) there are two options.

1) Mass lings, fuck em drones, and just attack him after you have 30-35 lings.
2) He is prolly doing an all in soon (roach banes lings), build 5-6 spines and block the ramp in FE, go mutas.

Here on it should be a cake walk.

BO is weak against unscouted early pool... and you need to micro quite good to kill banes that comes.

Is the FXopen a rebroadcast? Because the Sase vs fin match is on now.

AlM1E.jpg

G5rYa.jpg

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/p06a4/the_awkward_moment_where_jaedong_realized_his/ <--Context

Cant wait for the bw heroes to show us the magic of trapping 70% of your army for 10 minutes and not noticing.

Heh i was wondering if anyone else on here was watching that game. Was pretty hilarious and yet kind of embarrasing that the protoss couldn't really get much done despite the army being trapped.

Deadman

Scan invitational 3

Casted by apollo and TLO. http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/d.Apollo

Bracket
Game1 ro8 - Grubby vs Snute - Best of 3
Game2 ro8 - Kas vs BlinG - Best of 3
Game3 ro8 - Titan vs Stephano - Best of 3
Game4 ro8 - Beastyqt vs Nerchio - Best of 3

Rough Tournament Schedule:
(Local time - Swedish CET)
16:00 Tournament introduction
16:15 Game1 ro8 - Best of 3
17:15 Game2 ro8 - Best of 3
18:15 Game3 ro8 - Best of 3
19:15 Game4 ro8 - Best of 3
--
20:15 Game1 ro4 - Best of 3
21:15 Game2 ro4 - Best of 3
--
22:15 - 22:30 BREAK
--
22:30 - Final introduction
22:40 - Final

Map pool:
TalDarim Altar LE
ESL Metalopolis
ESL Shakuras Plateau
GSL Antiga
GSL Terminus SE (Official.)
ESV Cloud Kingdom
GSL Daybreak

Live right now.

Aaron

Been watching this mixed with the end of the clan wars Khaldor is casting. MarineKing is owning the whole MVP team.

Striek

Jinro built his success on macro and mech, when everyone else got better at macro and you needed to balance good macro with good micro he started falling off. I've watched his stream and in both TvZ and TvP where he has had a ton of ghosts and barely managed a snipe/emp before losing them all (hugeee investments gone). Give a better terran control and the opponents army vanishes. Similarly his baneling splits are mediocre, tons of masters level terrans have better reactions (let alone 'pro' terrans).

Its a shame but SC2 is a lot more competitive now and he doesn't seem to have the ability or desire to improve. And now hes streaming a lot of LoL too.

fanboi

Banned
Saved you again thread!

But seriously... Jinro need to get back to old him (well he need to be much better than that)...

I miss him!

Jinro built his success on macro and mech, when everyone else got better at macro and you needed to balance good macro with good micro he started falling off. I've watched his stream and in both TvZ and TvP where he has had a ton of ghosts and barely managed a snipe/emp before losing them all (hugeee investments gone). Give a better terran control and the opponents army vanishes. Similarly his baneling splits are mediocre, tons of masters level terrans have better reactions (let alone 'pro' terrans).

Its a shame but SC2 is a lot more competitive now and he doesn't seem to have the ability or desire to improve. And now hes streaming a lot of LoL too.

His macro doesn't really look all that good when i watch him anyway. Like in the games against hyun he just got massively out macroed and then rolled over by a massively superior army (just swarms of banelings rolling into a tiny army).

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I think my mouse pad is causing these weird issues I'm having with my mouse. I just tried playing on top of my desk rather than the mouse pad and I didn't run into the issue once. Also, I can move around the screen much faster when the mouse is on my desk. Looks like I'm going to be playing like that now.

edit: When is a good time to use my first scan?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I think my mouse pad is causing these weird issues I'm having with my mouse. I just tried playing on top of my desk rather than the mouse pad and I didn't run into the issue once. Also, I can move around the screen much faster when the mouse is on my desk. Looks like I'm going to be playing like that now.

edit: When is a good time to use my first scan?

is your mousepad white? mine always bugs out my mouse after its washed.

jasonng

Man, Stephano, Stephano.
Or, first huge drama of 2012??

http://www.onenationofgamers.com/
http://www.onenationofgamers.com/20...m=rss&utm_campaign=regarding-stephanoillusion
http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=307457

Seems both sides fucked up but still... meh :-\

Also, played a ZvZ and won. My banelings were ace level :-D
If there's one thing I can say about One Nation Of Gamers is that they're very respectful of the community and hopefully that translates the same to the players. ONOG organizes barcrafts here in the east coast and I've met a few of the organizers. They're chill guys.

Top Bottom