• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

I was a GM there, damnit! Stupid NA and being all good and stuff and making me be platinum.

Any league below masters is actually better in SEA than on NA in my experience.

When my friend switched to NA he was a gold level protoss on SEA (though he was definitely going to get promoted). Got placed straight to diamond on NA and was instantly winning 50% of his games.

When i switched to NA i was a high plat/low diamond. Got placed straight into diamond on NA and was facing masters players pretty quickly.

Deadman

Did anyone see the ipl team league just now? EG vs oGs. Idra vs illusion (terran). Idra gg's with 196 supply of ling infestor ultra max upgrades rofl.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
lolEG.

eu58q.jpg

Pollux

So I asked a few days ago and no one answered. I want to get back into the basics, I played Terran mostly for a few weeks but it just wasn't clicking. Now that I'm trying to get back into it what's the best way to learn the basics for the other two races, specifically Zerg as they look interesting and fun to play?

Watching Idra v Illusion and he's getting owned by two cloaked banshees right now. Wouldn't have happen if he got his evo chamber and spores at 6min!

hamchan

So I asked a few days ago and no one answered. I want to get back into the basics, I played Terran mostly for a few weeks but it just wasn't clicking. Now that I'm trying to get back into it what's the best way to learn the basics for the other two races, specifically Zerg as they look interesting and fun to play?

Just play a lot with the race! Also the liquipedia strategy section is pretty good http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Zerg_Strategy

Maybe play a few games against the cpu to practice builds but then just start laddering.

jasonng

It's not going to be easy no matter what and there's nothing we can do to make it a smooth transition for you. Just jump in, get crapped on and take comfort knowing you can only get better.

Striek

Idra was completely fucked in that game, don't know why its a controversial quit. Definitely other times hes quit when he still has a chance, but he was dead in the water in that game.

Terran was maxed, way better economy, tons of ghosts, tons of tanks and a planetary fortress with a huge drop in Idras main. Idras army barely dents Illusion' before he'd had to gg anyway. Idra knew all that.

Also banshees are so good. So underutilised. If pro terrans start bringing SCVs nearby to repair I can imagine the numbers getting so out of control that queens and spores really struggle to cope as interim defence. Even now they're been used more and more because they can always get some damage done with the range+dps+speed they have.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Idra was completely fucked in that game, don't know why its a controversial quit. Definitely other times hes quit when he still has a chance, but he was dead in the water in that game.

Terran was maxed, way better economy, tons of ghosts, tons of tanks and a planetary fortress with a huge drop in Idras main. Idras army barely dents Illusion' before he'd had to gg anyway. Idra knew all that.

Also banshees are so good. So underutilised. If pro terrans start bringing SCVs nearby to repair I can imagine the numbers getting so out of control that queens and spores really struggle to cope as interim defence. Even now they're been used more and more because they can always get some damage done with the range+dps+speed they have.
Yup banshees are fucking stupid.

ghst

thanks for the laugh

meanwhile, taeja just defended a 6 pool with cc first.

Keikaku

SO it's fine to switch from Terran to Zerg since I wasn't really feeling Terran? (Fine in the sense that it won't be impossible or something)
It won't be impossible by any stretch of the imagination but there are some aspects of Zerg macro that you will need to get used to. More specifically, Larva Injects with your Queen and a different way of thinking with regards to drone/unit production.

I play Zerg and I wouldn't mind helping you out if you want to get in the game.

I agree that Idra was behind but I still hate that notion that nothing could be done. The game was Illusion's to lose but there was still a fair chance for idra to somewhat make a comeback, all it takes is one bad positioning/unsegied and Idra would gain huge momentum swing since he was ahead in upgrades.

I just don't agree with that line of thinking especially since it was still 200 vs 200 and even though Illusion had a big advantage if the game were to drop at that moment, I would re-game instead of giving him the win.

This is Idra though, so he probably figured he was playing against Flash and gged out to go lose to a random protoss in code a or something.

fanboi

Banned

Are.... are you suggestion that we get hydras!?

mother of god...

EDIT:

I need motherfucking help.

How do you win over a protoss 2 base 6 gate all in shit fuck? How far can you drone? 50-60?

Jesus fucking christ.

Only way I win is when I proxyhatch... which has a very high winrate :)

profit

mother of god...

EDIT:

How do you win over a protoss 2 base 6 gate all in shit fuck? How far can you drone? 50-60?

Jesus fucking christ.

Fuck proxyhatches!!!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

mother of god...

EDIT:

Jesus fucking christ.

Just stick to like 45 and make fucktons of roaches and 1a come on how can that even fail.
Make sure you have 3 hatch thou. TOP TIER ZERG TIPS

cdyhybrid

mother of god...

EDIT:

Jesus fucking christ.

Nydus

MrKnives

Hello Starcraft II GAF the best GAF of them all.

I'm back!

Have I missed much? Have anyone even noticed I'm gone!
Also Jens we need to get our game going again.

what a shit game. Zerg is completely broken as a race, Terran is completely overpowered, and Protoss is basically retard-proof to a point where even the smallest mistakes guarantee a win for them.

don't know how to micro? no worries, here's some MULEs to ensure you're almost always ahead

base being attacked? no worries, upgrade building armor, turret damage, bunker strength

can't beat a zerg in 20 minutes? no prob, take this unit that counters EVERY TIER TWO AND THREE ZERG UNIT with 2-3 shots

not to mention the presence of a main unit (marines) that is completely broken to the point they kill nearly everything zerg (and toss) have with ease

ZvZ? don't care. I love watching it, but I'm not wasting my time on a match that either boils down to a coin flip or the same two base bullshit (what, did two base muta become THE zerg metagame while I was stuck in platinum?).

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
what a shit game. Zerg is completely broken as a race, Terran is completely overpowered, and Protoss is basically retard-proof to a point where even the smallest mistakes guarantee a win for them.

don't know how to micro? no worries, here's some MULEs to ensure you're almost always ahead

base being attacked? no worries, upgrade building armor, turret damage, bunker strength

can't beat a zerg in 20 minutes? no prob, take this unit that counters EVERY TIER TWO AND THREE ZERG UNIT with 2-3 shots

not to mention the presence of a main unit (marines) that is completely broken to the point they kill nearly everything zerg (and toss) have with ease

ZvZ? don't care. I love watching it, but I'm not wasting my time on a match that either boils down to a coin flip or the same two base bullshit (what, did two base muta become THE zerg metagame while I was stuck in platinum?).
homerlaugh.gif

fanboi

Banned
Fuck proxyhatches!!!

Well it works!

Just stick to like 45 and make fucktons of roaches and 1a come on how can that even fail.
Make sure you have 3 hatch thou. TOP TIER ZERG TIPS

And maybe some baaaaaaaaaanes?

Yeah... with is astounishing 2.5 HP if a probe sees it, they one shot it.

Hello Starcraft II GAF the best GAF of them all.

I'm back!

Have I missed much? Have anyone even noticed I'm gone!
Also Jens we need to get our game going again.

If anyone noticeed? Every night when I cut myself...

Spoken like someone who hasn't played terran or protoss.

ZvZ is a lot of fun if you know what you're doing. Most of the complaints seem to come from people who don't understand the matchup.

I will say that i'm a little annoyed that mutas have become so widely used in ZvZ and PvZ. I preferred it when i was in the minority going mutas all the time. Now the other players on the ladder get plenty of practice against them.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

Xx0qe.png

Deadman

http://www.zerg-lair.com/11/stephano

1. Louis Olazo: Give us a run down on your thoughts on the PvZ match up. Is toss OP?

I do not think that race is involved in the eternal debate about imbalance. In my opinion, it is the players that determine the difficulty of a match-up. A good player will always be hard to beat.

All hail stephano!

He is wrong though, t and p are bullshit

Top Bottom