• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Annd replay downloaded. I want to see how viable that opening is on close zerg.

hQfrq.gif

jasonng

That game is why I hate zvt so much because it's so hard to scout terran and figure out what they're doing. Denying my zergling scouts early game really puts me in the dark.

WedgeX

Banned
That game is why I hate zvt so much because it's so hard to scout terran and figure out what they're doing. Denying my zergling scouts early game really puts me in the dark.

As you should be. Just wait until HotS and burrowed banelings that can move under buildings. Problem solved.

Deadman

If you get those positions vs zerg you just do the 2 rax bunker rush that mkp does all the time and collect your free win. You make the 2nd rax on the high ground at the point of your base closest to the zerg and then float it to the low ground. A proxy without any risk.

Holden

I mean lets be honest, why would a single zerg complain if they could see Allins from both races.
Zergs can stop allins even without seeing it. Allins would be terrible if the zerg could scout it.

That's (was) one of the major problems with the 111 pvt, even if you scout it you still get demolished by it

Last night after my rant I played a couple ladder games while completely not giving a fuck. First was a ZvP where I went muta/ling into Ultras on Shattered Temp. I won pretty handily. Second game was a ZvT and I went ling/infestor into mutas, and then Ultras which I won as well, despite almost falling apart due to multiple late game drops.

I'd be decent if I could figure out when I can harass. Usually I stay in my base until I get attacked, fend it off, then do a half hearted counter. Well, unless I'm harassing with Mutas; I never harass with lings. Yet in the two last games I played, I did a pretty good job with run bys..

Deadman

Playing a 2v2 with my friend and his pc crashes just after i expand, hes only got 1 gate and core. Carry on 1v2 and win anyway, feels good man.

Playing a 2v2 with my friend and his pc crashes just after i expand, hes only got 1 gate and core. Carry on 1v2 and win anyway, feels good man.

This happened to my friend and I in one of our placement matches. My SC2 refused to keep loading the map, so I had to close the game. He went on to beat the other team using my base simply for resources.

jasonng

lOAXv.png

I have a class Wednesday nights now so I won't be on until about an hour after. Also I won't be able to stay on since I work super early the next morning too. I'll make an appearance, that's what counts right?

The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<1v1 obs>
<1v1 coaching>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<FFA>
<Team Monobattles>
<Custom Maps>
<Nuclear Arcade>
<Phantom Mode>
<Marrow's Micro Tournament>

Streams
-Corran's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666 (Main Stream)
-Hazard's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vggaming
-Vaultrin's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vaultrin21

Mumble Info Dump
Main server: IP = chi.eoreality.net and port = 64739
Backup server: IP = 67.23.187.114 and port = 20198
Download Here: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
lOAXv.png

I have a class Wednesday nights now so I won't be on until about an hour after. Also I won't be able to stay on since I work super early the next morning too. I'll make an appearance, that's what counts right?

Nope.

Last night after my rant I played a couple ladder games while completely not giving a fuck. First was a ZvP where I went muta/ling into Ultras on Shattered Temp. I won pretty handily. Second game was a ZvT and I went ling/infestor into mutas, and then Ultras which I won as well, despite almost falling apart due to multiple late game drops.

I'd be decent if I could figure out when I can harass. Usually I stay in my base until I get attacked, fend it off, then do a half hearted counter. Well, unless I'm harassing with Mutas; I never harass with lings. Yet in the two last games I played, I did a pretty good job with run bys..

Don't worry i already solved this problem with my own play. Just go mutas every game in every matchup :D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ywZBxNFgqI

Idra vs Naama on korean ladder. Watch it.

I have had someone do a very similar build to me on close positions metalopolis (although we were at the bottom). That was like 6 months ago though on SEA server. They also didn't get quite so many BC's.

Zen

Banned
Annd replay downloaded. I want to see how viable that opening is on close zerg.

Not very, I dra was being an idiot, he scouted the entire thingvery very early and then decided to do nothing and go muta.

Zerg is the best race at reacting, zerg scouting could be improved, but you can't improve it too much otherwise Zerg will be OP.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Wait, Destiny is not there ? lol

No wonder all I see him stream these days is LoL, dude must be salty as fuck.

He recently posted on Reddit that he's feeling burned on SCII and will occasionally switch to other games for a little bit.

I'd imagine many SC2 guys like Catz and Destiny will switch to DOTA games as SC2 becomes more competitive. I don't think it'll happen right away, as the release of the expansion will present an opportunity to exploit the initial imbalances for wins/stream numbers. But eventually it's going to happen.

Team Liquid (the team) is going to be completely irrelevant outside of HerO soon. And many other teams will face similar situations where they have a handful of players who clearly aren't motivated or interested in training

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Eh i bet most are waiting for new expansion to shake things up so they can actually compete in foreign stuff again.

Mairu

I'd imagine many SC2 guys like Catz and Destiny will switch to DOTA games as SC2 becomes more competitive. I don't think it'll happen right away, as the release of the expansion will present an opportunity to exploit the initial imbalances for wins/stream numbers. But eventually it's going to happen.

Team Liquid (the team) is going to be completely irrelevant outside of HerO soon. And many other teams will face similar situations where they have a handful of players who clearly aren't motivated or interested in training

no more irrelevant than any other foreign team other than a tiny amount of EU teams

Top Bottom