• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Eh i bet most are waiting for new expansion to shake things up so they can actually compete in foreign stuff again.

That's what I just said, Eli lover!

Best believe Destiny will be doing some crazy shit with Vipers and get tons of viewers, as will Catz and other guys like that.

Striek

Zerg ahead in all regions? Errr what. I totally didn't get that impression from the games I saw. I actually thought protoss was starting to figure stuff out (particularly PvZ) but those stats suggest things are getting kinda dire (particularly PvZ). I also thought zerg was having a rough month.

Hurts my head man. Either way I've stopped caring since HoTS is so close and its going to change everything.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
the sample size is really, really small. korean ZvP [which if you look is actually worse than the int. sample], is only a difference of 7 games.

why int. ranges from 40-60 but kr ranges 20-80 is a mystery.

also before you say zerg is ahead, remember terran still exist. :p

fanboi

Banned
I'd imagine many SC2 guys like Catz and Destiny will switch to DOTA games as SC2 becomes more competitive. I don't think it'll happen right away, as the release of the expansion will present an opportunity to exploit the initial imbalances for wins/stream numbers. But eventually it's going to happen.

Team Liquid (the team) is going to be completely irrelevant outside of HerO soon. And many other teams will face similar situations where they have a handful of players who clearly aren't motivated or interested in training

Zenio?

I thought HoTS was gonna come soon, but when Blizzard announced that their global tournament thing was gonna be WoL only and it lasts all year I kinda expect HoTS not to arrive until the end of this year (Nov/Dec)

I thought HoTS was gonna come soon, but when Blizzard announced that their global tournament thing was gonna be WoL only and it lasts all year I kinda expect HoTS not to arrive until the end of this year (Nov/Dec)

Yeah, I'm getting the impression it's either late this year or being pushed. GameStop US doesn't list a date, GameStop Canada won't even list the game and every other place I've looked has it set to 12/31.

Edit: Does anyone know if GOM lists old SC2 game stats somewhere?

Aaron

They have to do an open beta before a release, and they haven't even started that. It might not even be this year.

MrKnives

MOAR BALANCE

Telcontar said:
I won't translate verbatim, but here's a summary:

DRG says whether it's PvZ or PvT, the deadliness of immortals depend entirely on the 'skill' of forcefields. If the toss fails with FFs, P loses, if not, P wins. MC retorts by saying DRG should switch to toss and hone his 'forcefield skills'. Nestea tells DRG to not QQ and just lose cleanly. DRG tells the toss players to admit P is sickeningly strong right now. He then tells Nestea he's depressed and doesn't want to live (jokingly). Nestea tells him 'let toss win titles, so that david kim will nerf toss. Zerg needs to make a living as well. Let's go through together. In reality though, we'll both probably fail to go through.' MC tells DRG to take lessons from Nestea. He also reminds him that P has only reached 3 GSL finals thus far. He also tells DRG that even though toss is strong, he should've beaten the likes of Genius (joke). DRG responds to Nestea by saying he doesn't see a golden age coming for zerg before HOTS is out. If Nestea is right and both of them are knocked out, they should go out for a meal. Nestea says sure. He also says choosing zerg means you have to endure all the hardships that come with it. He says he's aged 10 years over the past one. DRG also calls MC shameless.

"Here, take this unit that blocks the opponent's army from getting close to yours. Now take this unit that stands in the back and does massive damage and is almost invulnerable."

"waahh qq I can't block the units too well.."

"well here's a buff so that your massive damage unit has even more range!"

"waahh qq I don't do enough massive dmg"

"well here, take this buff so that all your units get upgrades faster"

jasonng

"Here, take this unit that blocks the opponent's army from getting close to yours. Now take this unit that stands in the back and does massive damage and is almost invulnerable."

But seriously, Force fields are pretty bullshit.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
To be fair Forcefield, Fungal, Roaches, etc are all fucking awful spells/units with no chance for anything to happen dynamically and force another player to endue mundane shit.

FoxSpirit

"Here, take this mechanic that negates most of the defenders advantage."
"And take a dropship that instantly warps in units from home so you don't have to commit supply to the drop before hand"

On paper, Toss sound broken. Yet in practice, they somehow constantly struggle to even reach the finale in any major tournaments.

But seriously, Force fields are pretty bullshit.
Well, they can be pretty ridiculous at times.
To be fair Forcefield, Fungal, Roaches, etc are all fucking awful spells/units with no chance for anything to happen dynamically and force another player to endue mundane shit.
How can you compare Roaches to FFs and Fungal??

ultron87

The argument here is how force fields are a huge deciding factor in an outcome of a battle. Yes gateway units are garbage without FF but well placed FF limits the zerg capabilities drastically.

I was responding specifically to the QQing about warp-in eliminating defenders advantage and the warp prism being able to head out without risking supply. Both of those are balanced out to some degree by the fact that unsupported gateway units are kind of bad.

And yes, forcefield is kind of lame since it limits micro. Unfortunately, the design of Protoss makes it necessary, otherwise any early attack (especially from Terran) would be incredibly difficult to hold off. Especially since our defensive structure requires the most investment and can't be healed or moved/salvaged.

That said, I still see way too many Zergs just let their army bunch up uselessly trying to get through a forcefield while a colossi (or whatever) roasts them.

Holden

So garbage they destroy zerg

"oh you built Hydras? LOL brb"
*2min later*

gg

that has to be the most retarded argument ever. EVERYBODY knows that hydras are fucking garbage (other then cheese/allins) thats like saying

*oh you built carriers? LOL brb"
*1 wave of corruptor built later*

gg

that has to be the most retarded argument ever. EVERYBODY knows that hydras are fucking garbage (other then cheese/allins) thats like saying

gg

Carriers are a niche unit though, while Hydras are an important unit - or should be. Zerg doesn't have a durable high dps unit in this broken game (before tier 3)

fanboi

Banned

gg
If he goes mass air... you need hydras... then he goes back switch to colossus

Holden

If he goes mass air... you need hydras... then he goes back switch to colossus

then you switch to.... infestors? Corruptors? anything else?? Zerg whole production is on building you only require one building to change tech, and you get build 7 units per hatchery at the same time. And don't have the shitty excuse that you can't scout at 15min ingame.

where's panda, we need more zerg tears in here

panda can't defend these bad arguments D:

MLG EU qualifiers start tonight...

...at 1am central european time :lol

Weird. Whenever I see the stream numbers from EU tournaments held at decent times for them, they're super high - higher than US stream numbers in fact.

I'm sure JP would be bitching if IPL did this :p

Mairu

I wonder when the games were actually played. This is one of the reasons why I hate online tournaments and don't really watch them. Oh well, the arena should be interesting.

Top Bottom