• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Q8D3vil

MMA about tvp

qIW4g.jpg

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Oz is often hailed as one of the best Protoss so after watching him screw up so badly last night, I'm now willing to believe the Protoss players are just bad rather than the race.

Dont link what tastosis say about who is the best. I never truly liked Oz's style that much :/

Striek

Pfft last night on Daybreak MMA showed a lack of control in the lategame vs. Puzzle. Split map absolutely no reason he should lose. Yet leading with vikings into storms for free and losing ghosts and nukes for no damage, then in the final engagement he can't really deal with the colossi because of his poor viking situation and loses all his ghosts which are balled together up front (if a protoss did this with templar people would call him terrible).

Kas just demolished Mana on the same map, beautiful ghost and viking control and constantly re/building PFs to make it impossible for Mana to get a positional advantage. Terrans have all the tools they need to handle lategame TvP, its just control. Get stormed and/or have vikings picked off? You done goofed.

FoxSpirit

I saw Dimaga enter a TvZ baserace, both had nothing, Dimaga one mining base but no production, Terran walks up with his remaining small biomech army buit guess what? 5 infestors on full energy :-D
*waddle waddle*
Okay, now the fungal. Come on, Fungal. Wtf, Dimaga, FUNGAL!!!

5 fully charged Infestors waddle into a small Terran army, doing absolutely nothing.

Dennis Take: "Okay, I can stop casting right now"

The fact dimaga still won is just short of a miracle, or a few broodlords and lings at the other side of the map ultimately still being enough.

Ty4on

Man, this GSL off the record is actually really entertaining, better than I expected.

Kinda happy I got up 4:20am for it :p

Actually woke up all by myself (had an alarm for 5:00am). Hope randomness made it 4:20am.

Hope it will be fun with people other than DRG.

Wedge7

Damn, actually a really great debut episode. THought it would be ackward and stilted, as it is never good TV when someone has to be constantly translated etc. But it was quite charming and hilarious, helps alot that DRG seems to understand English, maybe not speak it, but doesnt need John to translate what Artosis and Wolf and asking him. John with the hilarious jokes all night long. The one where he said "Oh yea, he's like you Artosis, plays Protoss" and then says "Oh yea, I saw you play, you were horrible in NASL" Good shit man.

I think what really helped it was that everyone actually seemed to be having a good time. Will tune in next week with MKP and tasteless for sure.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
3 immortal bust with expo is doing okay so far against terran against 1rax expo. Lost a game to poor FF though ;;

Zen

Banned
Ugh out of the top 8, I need to go through a rebuilding phase and figure out what I'm doing wrong. Or I'll just stop laddering as Terran and go Zerg.

FoxSpirit

Me: Zerg with whatever I want except Broodlords and Ultras.
Him: Ginormous Stalker ball, preferably with 4-5 immortals.

Best response?

FoxSpirit

I would assume you'd want to scout the colossi early and get some corruptors.
There are no colossi for him nor Tier 3 units for me. I am talking about a Stalker immortal ball. Will try some Hydras next time, maybe this helps, roaches, even with infestors died so quickly to Stalkers. Plus you can hardly see if you hit the damn things, fungal on them is so unclear.

TheExodu5

Banned
There are no colossi for him nor Tier 3 units for me. I am talking about a Stalker immortal ball. Will try some Hydras next time, maybe this helps, roaches, even with infestors died so quickly to Stalkers. Plus you can hardly see if you hit the damn things, fungal on them is so unclear.

Sorry, for some reason in my brain I exchanged Stalker with Colossus. :|

Ling Infestor for sure. You're going to need to hit the fungals though, otherwise it's over.

Ty4on

2-2 ling infestor

Roaches are useless and evaporate. I don't even play and I know you are wrong!

ZvP really is:
35j5wj.jpg

/reddit
Lings are often good, but at least in gold you have to go roaches if you want to win. Unless he goes voidray immortal. I really want to go for lings with mutas/infestors, but my micro and computer really don't want to.

Hydras are really good vs gateway and immortals, too bad they're so slow when they counter so many protoss units.

Top Bottom