• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Jokab

Start stimming a marine forward to know where the Zerg army is, then as I said just stim run and use tanks to focus banes. Make sure your tanks have +1 attack too if possible, helps a ton vs lings.
Yeah Stephano can play very smart games with good builds. His army engagement is above average so watch for that.
Too bad he's quitting.
Wait, what?

FoxSpirit

Yeah Stephano can play very smart games with good builds. His army engagement is above average so watch for that.
Too bad he's quitting.
But will be some time before that. I definitely need to grab some of his replay packs.

I also love how calm he plays, watching his stream makes that abundantly clear. No hectic "hop, hop, hop", everything seems to be calm yet precisely segmented in his time management.

profit

Start stimming a marine forward to know where the Zerg army is, then as I said just stim run and use tanks to focus banes. Make sure your tanks have +1 attack too if possible, helps a ton vs lings.
Yeah thanks a lot for the tips!

I'll try the shift clicking for tanks (always use shift click for workers, and using to scout around but I did not know it worked on enemy units).

Jokab said:
Wait, what?
I think Stephano is going to quit for school or he is using his tournament money for funding his studies or something like that (medical school?)

Yobalt

I try to keep medivacs on a separate hotkey so they can heal my army when I stutterstep. It's something most don't do and it helps a bit if they are positioned correctly in a fight.
That...actually sounds pretty smart. I shall try that!

FoxSpirit

He's only playing to get as much money as possible and quitting to go to university.

Very smart.
Yeah, but the term was "as much money as possible". He could play another 2 years if things go well, what are 2 years later if it means 100k more??

He will soon be moving into a team house so I don't think he'll quit this year, maybe when HotS comes out. Sad to see my fave Zerg go :-(

Deadly

Yeah, but the term was "as much money as possible". He could play another 2 years if things go well, what are 2 years later if it means 100k more??

He will soon be moving into a team house so I don't think he'll quit this year, maybe when HotS comes out. Sad to see my fave Zerg go :-(
Think he said he would start like during the fall semester

Stephano: Well I said that if I really make a lot of money, I would continue; but the probability that I do so is very very low. My objective is to make as much money as I can this year, so I can peacefully go on with my studies next year. But as you said, if I make, let's not say 100,000$ but maybe something like 300,000$, I would continue yes.

fanboi

Banned
He must have a sick career planned out and some really good contacts if he thinks he will make even anywhere near that much.
Gogo unemployed college graduates.

As a doctor he will make a lot of cash, not 300k ofc, but good enough.

Also SC2 will be more streamlined and a more "pro" proscene will arise where a selected few (aka koreans aka current bw scene) will dominate and, as the current climate is, being very good isn't enough.

He wants to make as much money as he can, nothing wrong with that. In ten years he'll be a doctor and a lot of SC2 pro gamers will be working at Gamestop waiting for SC3

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
RLgZu.jpg

yeaaaaaaaaah boyyyyyyy

He changed his ID to LiquidNony on sc2 as well :p

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Not be a dick but I think people are setting themselves up for disappointment by expecting results from Tyler because of a name change. I'd love to be wrong but it's gonna take some hardcore practice (preferably in Korea) and some work on his depression before he truly becomes a force to be reckoned with.

Spl1nter

Not be a dick but I think people are setting themselves up for disappointment by expecting results from Tyler because of a name change. I'd love to be wrong but it's gonna take some hardcore practice (preferably in Korea) and some work on his depression before he truly becomes a force to be reckoned with.

never heard this before

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

If your gonna be a dick, dont say this. Just say it and dont be scurred. Sure people dont think he will be godly, but I enjoy watching him play as zerg players enjoy watching other not so good players *destiny for example*.

never heard this before
Basically the reason why he doesnt practice often, and left Korea during BW, was due to severe depression he gets.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
If your gonna be a dick, dont say this. Just say it and dont be scurred. Sure people dont think he will be godly, but I enjoy watching him play as zerg players enjoy watching other not so good players *destiny for example*.

But the internet is a scurry place.

Spl1nter

Sure people dont think he will be godly, but I enjoy watching him play as zerg players enjoy watching other not so good players *destiny for example*.

Ya I really like watching demuslim. He may not be top tier but he is still extremely good and talks a lot about his thought process on his stream.

Boxer and Tyler suck and won't win anything this year

Tyler has his window of opportunity, ie a few patches ago when Infestors first got nerfed and Protoss started winning shit again. Same with InControl and the others

hamchan

I think it's wise of Stephano to bail on e-sports to become a doctor. Let's be honest here, this industry is not stable at all and there's no guarantee of long term money at all.

Pancakes

Oh boy! A new PvP build to mess around with.

Um isn't that build really old? I can remember toying around with it myself ages ago and i remember artosis doing it on his stream for a while months ago.

I'm waiting for someone to copy my carrier build and make it viable (come on striek i'm counting on you!).

Will Gateways ever be used in mid to late game protoss? I notice a lot of times toss floats minerals, micros their army, then once it gets killed or prevails they instantly warp in new units - yet still are floating high minerals. Wouldn't it make more sense to have a decent amount of Gateways to go alongside Warpgates, that way you're macroing as productively as possible with units qued like Terran or Zerg, plus the warp in units?

Or am I a ratard at 3:30AM?

Q8D3vil

Will Gateways ever be used in mid to late game protoss? I notice a lot of times toss floats minerals, micros their army, then once it gets killed or prevails they instantly warp in new units - yet still are floating high minerals. Wouldn't it make more sense to have a decent amount of Gateways to go alongside Warpgates, that way you're macroing as productively as possible with units qued like Terran or Zerg, plus the warp in units?

you need to sleep

It probably is a stupid thing to do but i absolutely plan on trying it anyway once i start playing again. At my level half the time i forget proxy pylons anyway lol. That plus my macro slips when i micro so this could help me out.

Then again it could just be my ticket to bronze.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

They can still get 2 rounds of units in per 1 of the opponent and usually 15 gates = 60 food in 42s so that's pretty good for getting back to near max quick. You might want to wait another round for your power units like immos/collo if you aren't on HT tech.

Point is you don't need too many more imo unless you are doing some crazy late game all-in with a warp prism per base and 25 gates instead of 15.

*Wait I just realized how stupid drunk your post was. Wow.

Top Bottom