• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Jeff-DSA

For crying out loud...the Ghost nerf is straight up ridiculous and stupid. All it is going to do is make Terran even more cheesy against Zerg because Infestor/Brood Lord is all that much more unstoppable in the late game.

Have fun Zerg players, we're coming at you in cheesy rush after cheesy rush harder than ever before.

Also, Ghosts are now awful. EMP range is too small, snipe is a joke unless you're hitting Infestors/HTs, and they're still really fragile with a low rate of fire. Dumb. They should have just nerfed their damage versus massive units and that would have been fine.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
MULEs now harvest the same amount of minerals on both high yield minerals and normal minerals.
Okay

Snipe damage changed from 45 to 25 +25 Psionic
Maybe a bit harsh, but it might be fine. I'd rather see it just do 45 - 15 to Massive units (aka BL and Ultra). Obviously this is too hard to implement nicely into Snipe's tooltip. You lose worker snipes and bane snipes and neat early ghost timings.

Phoenix now has a range upgrade at the Fleet Beacon
LOL 6 RANGE WHY DON'T YOU LEARN TO STACK YOUR FUCKING PHOENIXES, FUCKIN SHIT PROTOSSES. That just seems far far too powerful a change for someone with good control. Yes I know it's on fleet beacon.

APM / CPM changes
Fuck yeaaaaaaaaaaah

Jeff-DSA

I'm okay with the Phoenix upgrade because not only do they need the fleet beacon, they also need the upgrade. That's a lot of commitment down a tech path if you're going to use it.

Spl1nter

probably, terran is 25% in plat and diamon with this nerf i expect it to drop to 22% then we will get a huge buff :p

I know the stats dont lie but somehow with the 10 games I have played on ladder, 6-7 have been against terran and the rest against toss, no zerg. Just weird coincidence. This is all against mid-high diamond ranked players.

Deadman

LOL 6 RANGE WHY DON'T YOU LEARN TO STACK YOUR FUCKING PHOENIXES, FUCKIN SHIT PROTOSSES. That just seems far far too powerful a change for someone with good control. Yes I know it's on fleet beacon.

They suck so much that naniwa took to twitter to complain how a 1 range boost would make no difference, when of course its actually a 2 range boost. so sad.

The unit is already faster than mutas, out-ranges mutas, gets damage bonus vs mutas, shoots while moving. What more do they want.

They suck so much that naniwa took to twitter to complain how a 1 range boost would make no difference, when of course its actually a 2 range boost. so sad.

The unit is already faster than mutas, out-ranges mutas, gets damage bonus vs mutas, shoots while moving. What more do they want.

They want to see this: Phoenix production updated - On creation of a Phoenix all Mutalisks present on the map die.

Yeah, really sudden decission to go Nydus. Really good decission making.

More like completely fucked up multiple times by getting supply blocked, building a queen on the wrong hatch and letting lings see his lair and then throwing a fat hail mary that worked.

profit

More like completely fucked up multiple times by getting supply blocked, building a queen on the wrong hatch and letting lings see his lair and then throwing a fat hail mary that worked.

Well yeah, there is no denying he fucked up a lot in that game. But even while fucking up he kept thinking how he could get a win out of it, and went for it. He was lucky that Darkforce didnt pay attention to it though or he was completely dead.

Q8D3vil

I know the stats dont lie but somehow with the 10 games I have played on ladder, 6-7 have been against terran and the rest against toss, no zerg. Just weird coincidence. This is all against mid-high diamond ranked players.

fuck, i get like 60% zvz :( (i played probably 1000 game as zerg).

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

PZJaP.jpg

Holden

so hey guys whats going on! 6 range phoenix: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

edit: 300/200 apparently, so nvm this wont have much balance changes other then retards wasting their money on it.

Q8D3vil

Apparently its better to scan 35 times than it is to build a single raven...
-raven have an extremely long building time.
-slow as fuck.
-easy to get sniped by muta.

thats been said, its good to get raven after getting banshee because u will have a techlab reactor already.

He didn't even need a unit a walloff would have saved him.

Demuslim talked about it recently that he scans because ravens are to slow and latter game Terran has enough minerals toskip mules.

On the flip side most terrans end up with a ton of stockpiled gas at the end of the match and ravens can be used for more than detection. Not saying they should be built though.

Keikaku

So with 6 range, Muta's become essentially useless against Phoenix. Looks like I'll have to start mixing in Corrupters to handle them.

Hmmm . . . I'm interested to see how it plays out.

Jeff-DSA

So with 6 range, Muta's become essentially useless against Phoenix. Looks like I'll have to start mixing in Corrupters to handle them.

Hmmm . . . I'm interested to see how it plays out.

It's still going to take massing up Phoenix units and getting the upgrade. It's committing Protoss down a specific tech path, and Infestors can still play a huge part in crushing the Phoenix threat.

Q8D3vil

It's still going to take massing up Phoenix units and getting the upgrade. It's committing Protoss down a specific tech path, and Infestors can still play a huge part in crushing the Phoenix threat.
plus phoenix are only good against muta when u have a good number of them before muta are out otherwise it won't work.

Keikaku

plus phoenix are only good against muta when u have a good number of them before muta are out otherwise it won't work.

Also while moving Phoenixes can't target fire. So they won't bring the numbers of a big flock down particularly quickly.
I wasn't saying it's unbalanced. I'm in Platinum so it's not like I really know lol

However, based on the last few PvZ's in the GSL, it does look like you can do just fine with Phoenix's against Mutas assuming, as Devil pointed out, that you have a good number of them. Genius proved that you only need one CB'ed Stargate to have a good anti-muta fleet though.

(._.)

Banned
Hmm, so should I go back to making stargates in PvZ? I originally stopped because it just feels harder to win with them than say doing the 7 gate all in at 10 minutes.

Spl1nter

right after they solve those early ZvT issues.

That issue would be a bit harder to fix. You would have to somehow psychologically engineer zerg players to not be greedy.

edit: Just thinking about the snipe change, the number of clicks alone requires quite a bit of time unless using the scroll trick.

I used to be a huge starcraft fan from the release of SC2 to the end of summer 2011. Since then I kind have stopped watching the GSL and MLGs. How are they right now? Things still cool? Game fun? I'm thinking of getting back into SC2 soon. How is Zerg in the metagame right now? Nestea still boss or no?

Keikaku

I used to be a huge starcraft fan from the release of SC2 to the end of summer 2011. Since then I kind have stopped watching the GSL and MLGs. How are they right now? Things still cool? Game fun? I'm thinking of getting back into SC2 soon. How is Zerg in the metagame right now? Nestea still boss or no?
- Things are fine right now. Still cool.
- Game is fun.
- You should totally get back into SC2!
- Zerg is fine in the metagame. So is Terran and Protoss.
- Nestea
just got bumped down to Code A a couple of days ago, but I'm 99% sure he'll bounce back into Code S without any trouble.
He's definitely more shaky than before though.

Zen

Banned
Hm, I'm really not a fan of the Ghost nerf in its current form. Just mimick the concussive damage they had in Brood War. Keep the base damage the same but add a negative modifier to massive (Ultras and Brood Lords are massive). Ghosts no longer one shot workers, banes, marines, et etc.

I feel like in addresssing ghost power in TvZ late game they've pretty much wrecked the opportunity cost game for getting the tech out.

Well, Snipe is basically a discount EMP from now on, and that might still be useful, I think with scrolling trick it could still obviously help out in various situations where beforet it was basically the answer.

God Pheonix are going to be such a pain for Zerg early game again. 6 Range... dem overlord and queen snipes.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
God Pheonix are going to be such a pain for Zerg early game again. 6 Range... dem overlord and queen snipes.

If you see a Protoss going for a fleet beacon in the early game you follow the timeless of the thought hammer, Day [J].

"Just go fucking kill him."

Top Bottom