• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Holden

E2BfT.gif

i lol'd

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Is it just me or is PvZ the best matchup ever?

At the moment I prefer TvZ, the match up is more figured out at this point. PvZ usually revolves around FFE, denying Zerg 3rd, and then trying to kill him asap. It gets kinda boring.

WedgeX

Banned
TvZ best match-up, with TvT being a close second. IMO.

TvZ is fun. Especially if zergs forget to build anti-air to go along with their broodlords.

TvT is fun when I can out-position people. But golds and plats have figured me out and go straight up mech or banshee. Bah.

TvP is just hoping I can build an air force quickly enough. Ravens > ghosts. I think I hate cloaked things more than I do forcefields of varying types.

Maybe I just suck but I'm tired of bullshit toss armies with no upgrades beating my upgraded army because they have 1-2 Immortals. Fuck this game

Granted, I did win the game I'm bitching about. But I swear, I had a huge army plus infestors, 2-1 upgrades. Against a mainly sentry/zealot/immortal army and lost. Barely held off the counter attack, by which time he had +1 attack. Few minutes later I'm on 2-2 and he's magically at +3 attack. What is this bullshit?

Striek

Maybe I just suck but I'm tired of bullshit toss armies with no upgrades beating my upgraded army because they have 1-2 Immortals. Fuck this game

Granted, I did win the game I'm bitching about. But I swear, I had a huge army plus infestors, 2-1 upgrades. Against a mainly sentry/zealot/immortal army and lost. Barely held off the counter attack, by which time he had +1 attack. Few minutes later I'm on 2-2 and he's magically at +3 attack. What is this bullshit?

Replay please.

fanboi

Banned

Em FF is the key to winning or losing.

Fuck it.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

Sounds like you are complaining about things that aren't true and you probably played a lot worse than you think you did!

I mean you didn't even say Forcefield in your post!
Obviously you should be on 4 base gas income to support hydra + infestor so you can outrange and counter everything.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

*looks a thread title*

hmm

Zen

Banned

I'm not sure why seeing EG fail warms my heart, but it does. I think it's a combination of things to do with the organization, and a few of the players, that culminates in rubbing me the wrong way.

On a serious note though, they actually do seem to have problems. They just haven't seemingly figured out how to build a team environment taht is condusive to building up their players. Maybe the combination of JYP and Puma can get something done, but I'd imagine that there is probably some internal concern over the teams recent performance, especially with EG performing so poorly in the GSL recently, and the potent salaries players like Huk, and presumably JYP, Idra, have.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I'm not sure why seeing EG fail warms my heart, but it does. I think it's a combination of things to do with the organization, and a few of the players, that culminates in rubbing me the wrong way.

People hate big teams. Its nothing new. Reason why so many people hate teams like the Yankees or Red Sox.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Wait, you're that guy who whispered me, who asks to play 2v2s with me all the time?
I don't play SC II so no, that would not be me. I did msg you I casted that match though.
The most hilarious thing is that you could have done hydra+infestor off 4 base gas income since you were in that scenario. I hadn't even watched the replay.

pls rate comment suscribes

That insight may or may not have been correct.

I should have saw the Sentries and figured he wasn't going to attack immediately. Usually I tackle ZvP expecting an attack around the 8:30-9m mark, so I cautiously cut drones around that time and see what's coming. If it's safe I go back to droning, if not moar roaches.

Given what he was doing, I should have taken a third

I always get pretty late lairs : /

Keikaku

ok well upon looking at the replay.... you're right :(
http://www.mediafire.com/?gm39l2idmgb7bac

but I'm still pissed!
Watched it and here's what I saw:
  • You scouted his expo and didn't take your own.
  • Even though you scouted his 6-gate robo, you didn't get a macro hatch, take a 3rd or do anything to help your situation.
  • You were floating about 900 mins before the 12 minute mark.
  • When the P moved out around the 12 minute mark, you had around 12 drones in your natural. Maybe 15.
  • Your first attack was off creep with slow roaches and lings into a Zealot/Stalker/Sentry/Immortal army. That will never work to your favor.
  • That first attack was worse because you had Roach speed coming and didn't wait for it.
  • You only survived his follow up because he didn't have a reinforcement pylon, he didn't use his Chronoboost and he had poor micro.
  • You didn't scout his 3rd.
That's the major stuff. There was also stuff like your 3 spines at the 3rd which seemed like they were there to hold off DT drops but you didn't have detection.

You can't complain about the Protoss player when you played like that. You could have won that game earlier and far more easily with the forces and the info you had but you didn't. It's on you PD.

Watched it and here's what I saw:
  • You scouted his expo and didn't take your own.
  • Even though you scouted his 6-gate robo, you didn't get a macro hatch, take a 3rd or do anything to help your situation.
  • You were floating about 900 mins before the 12 minute mark.
  • When the P moved out around the 12 minute mark, you had around 12 drones in your natural. Maybe 15.
  • Your first attack was off creep with slow roaches and lings into a Zealot/Stalker/Sentry/Immortal army. That will never work to your favor.
  • That first attack was worse because you had Roach speed coming and didn't wait for it.
  • You only survived his follow up because he didn't have a reinforcement pylon, he didn't use his Chronoboost and he had poor micro.
  • You didn't scout his 3rd.
That's the major stuff. There was also stuff like your 3 spines at the 3rd which seemed like they were there to hold off DT drops but you didn't have detection.

You can't complain about the Protoss player when you played like that. You could have won that game earlier and far more easily with the forces and the info you had but you didn't. It's on you PD.

He could have easily just finished the game right at the start with a speedling attack. Doing a 3 gate expo with no wall whatsoever on the low ground and putting your nexus down when all you have is a zealot and a sentry is asking to be killed. Not to mention he wasn't even careful with his units (just sitting out in the open).

I've lost cound of how many free wins i've had against protoss players making that simple mistake. If i scout a protoss playing that carelessly i just build a bunch of lings and go fucking kill him.

Keikaku

He could have easily just finished the game right at the start with a speedling attack. Doing a 3 gate expo with no wall whatsoever on the low ground and putting your nexus down when all you have is a zealot and a sentry is asking to be killed. Not to mention he wasn't even careful with his units (just sitting out in the open).

I've lost cound of how many free wins i've had against protoss players making that simple mistake. If i scout a protoss playing that carelessly i just build a bunch of lings and go fucking kill him.
I usually play super safe and my tips were meant to reflect that. I can see how mass speedlings would have screwed him up though.

I usually play super safe and my tips were meant to reflect that. I can see how mass speedlings would have screwed him up though.

Your advice was way better than mine and i don't suggest anyone actually play like me (i have a pretty weird style that only seems to work for me). That's just what i do in that situation.

Top Bottom