• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Do you guys always do the micro tourney's on Wednesdays? I really liked that and hope I can do it again soon :D....but this Wednesday might be a 13-15 hour work day so maybe not this one D:

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
lolol Alive vs Idra

Alive is 3 - 0 over idra into the next game. Idra is six pooling and alive says "6 pool?" before even scouting lol.

6 pool stopped and idra leaves no gg.

alive is a legit gsl champion material player, idra is garbage.

I don't know what were the nasl admins thinking, oh right they weren't.

zargle

lolol Alive vs Idra

Alive is 3 - 0 over idra into the next game. Idra is six pooling and alive says "6 pool?" before even scouting lol.

6 pool stopped and idra leaves no gg.

I turned it on at about that point, and apparently he had already 6pooled before in the series. Because why try out new strats when you can lose in 2 minutes?

Also just heard that he didnt gg in any game. I cant say im surprised anymore. I dont really care either, but its not like its hard to do.

Corran Horn

alive is a legit gsl champion material player, idra is garbage.

I don't know what were the nasl admins thinking, oh right they weren't.

Sad that players like Idra and Incontrol will constantly be invited to showmatches due to the numbers they draw in :/

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Obligatory BW post. Free(P) vs Jaedong (Z)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSrljNirolw
Sad that players like Idra and Incontrol will constantly be invited to showmatches due to the numbers they draw in :/
xRwde.jpg

Zzoram

Idra is such a little shit.

He loses 0-4 to aLive without a single gg, and still gets $100 from NASL for doing the showmatch. aLive wins $400.

Game 1:

11/11 rax, one of them a maka, aLive gets up 3 bunkers at Idra's natural and Idra leaves

Game 2:

double reactor factories, aLive breaks Idra's wall easily because Idra failed at micro and positioning his queen, Idra suicides all his lings and drones into hellions wedged behind geysers, the leaves

Game 3:

Idra 6 pools, aLive had a forward barracks at his natural minerals, aLive builds a bunker to wall in his first marine behind the minerals and lifts his CC to his natural so he can keep mining and the zerglings can't do anything because of the bunker, Idra makes some roaches but by the time he gets there marauders are in bunkers and he leaves

Game 4:

Idra 6 pools, aLive types "u sixpoll?" right as the game begins because Idra's tilting is legendary and he already knew it was happening, he walled in at his ramp and Idra leaves once he sees he can't get in

Corran Horn

I kinda wish tournaments would punish for BM stuff like no gg. I can understand randomly from time to time not gg'ing. But 4 matches in a row in a highly public showmatch and no gg? jesus -.-

Zzoram

aLive's handling of Idra's 6 pool in Game 3, despite having no wall, was brilliant.

aLive probably had people 6 pool against all of his opening builds repeatedly so he could figure out the optimal way to try to recover in case he ever faced it for real

meanwhile, Idra leaves every ladder game on his stream where he sees 11/11 or someone gets a bunker up at his natural, and does the same in showmatches and tournaments, so no wonder he never learned how to defend it

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I kinda wish tournaments would punish for BM stuff like no gg. I can understand randomly from time to time not gg'ing. But 4 matches in a row in a highly public showmatch and no gg? jesus -.-
I think it's nice having a player or two who doesn't gg. More drama and it gives dimensions to players.

Zzoram

I think it's nice having a player or two who doesn't gg. More drama and it gives dimensions to players.

Idra is pure drama. He's pathetic. Everyone knows to all-in him in game 1 of a series, and he STILL hasn't bothered to learn how to defend it despite there being a 95% chance of it happening due to his reputation for tilting.

Getting angry because you played your best and lost, that's fine. Doing a ceremony because you beat a rival, that's great. Rage quitting all your games because you suck and can't stop all-in builds that have been around forever is pathetic.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Idra is pure drama. He's pathetic. Everyone knows to all-in him in game 1 of a series, and he STILL hasn't bothered to learn how to defend it despite there being a 95% chance of it happening due to his reputation for tilting.

Getting angry because you played your best and lost, that's fine. Doing a ceremony because you beat a rival, that's great. Rage quitting all your games because you suck and can't stop all-in builds that have been around forever is pathetic.
I'll agree that it gets old on certain things that happens like scouting a build, or seeing a bunker go up.

Nah, that would be dumb tbh.

Banning people who actually act abusive and start cursing and shiting up the match is fine, banning people for not gging ? way too much and it would only make the scene unnecessarily more sterile.

Zzoram

Everyone knows you mix some all-ins into a series, especially a Bo7, and ESPECIALLY if it's Idra who is famous for being terrible at defending them, and allowing a loss to an all-in to make him into a free win for the rest of the series.

The fact that Idra hasn't compensated for this after years of being like this is surprising. I can't believe that EG doesn't force him to practice defending bunker rushes more given how shitty he is at it.

Corran Horn

Nah, that would be dumb tbh.

Banning people who actually act abusive and starting cursing and shiting up the match is fine, banning people for not gging ? way too much and it would only make the scene unnecessarily more sterile.

Punish doesnt not equal banning.

Zzoram

Drama is good. What a boring scene this would be if everyone played like robots and were always super polite.

I'll admit I had a laugh watching Idra self-destruct. That's pretty much all he's good for these days.

He's 1-18 for 2012. I think his time in Korea constantly losing to dozens of superior players is killing his spirit. In Korea he's a chump, and his ego can't take it.

Zzoram

I actually really like watching all-ins, especially creative ones, or when both players have insane micro and the game ends up equalizing.

I feel like foreigners have this "cheese is noobie" mentality that makes them never practice all-ins and never practice defending all-ins, making it a glaring weakness that the Koreans are glad to exploit.

Aaron

I skipped the showmatch because it seemed bound for disater. aLive is a Code S terran that destroyed all comers and has a real shot at being the next champ. Idra fell out of the GSL as quick as humanly possible, losing mainly to mediocre players. aLive is probably in the top three terrans in the world, while Idra would be lucky to be in the top ten of foreign zergs.

I'll admit I had a laugh watching Idra self-destruct. That's pretty much all he's good for these days.

He's 1-18 for 2012. I think his time in Korea constantly losing to dozens of superior players is killing his spirit. In Korea he's a chump, and his ego can't take it.

Quite surprising, considering Idra is still the highest ranked foreigner on the Korean ladder (sometimes losing to Huk).

I actually really like watching all-ins, especially creative ones, or when both players have insane micro and the game ends up equalizing.

I feel like foreigners have this "cheese is noobie" mentality that makes them never practice all-ins and never practice defending all-ins, making it a glaring weakness that the Koreans are glad to exploit.

I think it's a combination of not practicing against all-ins, and the fact that foreigners are god awful at doing all-ins compared to Koreans.

Zzoram

Quite surprising, considering Idra is still the highest ranked foreigner on the Korean ladder (sometimes losing to Huk).

Koreans don't treat ladder as competition. They use ladder to practice mechanics, test builds, and work out timings. All their real practice for tournaments is done in custom cloaked games.

Besides, how many foreigners are even on the Korean ladder? Being above 5 people isn't that big a deal.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Ladder is one thing. Best of X is another thing entirely.

6 pool is a shitty all-in anyway, I mean I think 7RR or 7RR with hatch or some stupid tech rush might be better choices. That's what hurts.

Corran Horn

Even if you deduct $1 out of his prize money it's still dumb tbh.

There should be 0 repercussions for leaving a game without saying gg. Spare the punishment for once they start acting like a real asshole.

Have fun constantly watching idra fail on showmatches. Its an easy way to kill 20mins of your day.

Have fun constantly watching idra fail on showmatches. Its an easy way to kill 20mins of your day.

So by forcing him to type 2 letters before he leaves a game will magically make him a non shitty player and not tilt at all ?

BTW this is about punishing players who won't gg not about forcing them to not play shitty games.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
So by forcing him to type 2 letters before he leaves a game will magically make him a non shitty player and not tilt at all ?

BTW this is about punishing players who won't gg not about forcing them to not play shitty games.
When IdrA leaves a game he must do a rematch in BW against his opponent. He gets to play Terran and still complain about Protoss.

Corran Horn

Well without doing anything to him, your gonna constantly invite him (numbers) so be prepared to watch shitty play. I hear hazard loves shitty sc2 play.

I guess its too hard to gg once. shrug. I know people dont agree with me but whatever.

Mairu

I didn't watch it but even inviting Idra to a showmatch seems like a total waste of time.

He's not the kind of player who can put on a show and even if he brings the viewers the match isn't going to be long with him in it

Corran Horn

lol...Im in this coop ai game...totally forgot I was searching...game is like 30mins in, my base is gone ;; other 2 players are still in it :p

Keikaku

I played a few games today but I'm so rusty.

I've decided that I need to work on two things primarily: not getting supply blocked and always injecting. To that end, I'm going to play every game with the intention of not getting supply blocked and not missing an inject. I'll try to exercise good army control, creep spread and everything else, but I'll be focusing on injects and overlords before anything else.

I'm probably going to drop to Gold or Silver as a result, but I think it'll be worth it :D

Spl1nter

I played a few games today but I'm so rusty.

I've decided that I need to work on two things primarily: not getting supply blocked and always injecting. To that end, I'm going to play every game with the intention of not getting supply blocked and not missing an inject. I'll try to exercise good army control, creep spread and everything else, but I'll be focusing on injects and overlords before anything else.

I'm probably going to drop to Gold or Silver as a result, but I think it'll be worth it :D

I would tie creep spread to the good injects since both are functions of queen management.

I'd imagine the time in Korea has sharpened Idra's mechanics, but I'm not sure mechanics are what's holding him back in general. He's still going to struggle against toss when he comes back to the states, although perhaps his ZvT will be better given the practice with Slayers.

I think it was obvious he'd struggle in Korea, as he was basically thrown into Code S without deserving or earning it; there was no way he'd get out of that group. He seemed to be preparing himself for failure in Code A when he bitched about ZvP problems before the match; not that I blame him, the match is a joke. I can't really see him having a big year.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Just keep your injects up. Supply blocks don't matter as much as Zerg anyway.
Creep spread is a nice bonus. Just make tons of units and engage properly.

Deadman

*wake up*

Idra has disgraced himself in hilariously losing a showmatch, destiny is playing lol.

All is right with the world.

Top Bottom