• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Keikaku

Well, I played 2 games under with my new approach and made a dogs breakfast of them. I won both, but only because me opponents (1 Plat and 1 Top8 Gold) were really, really bad.

This is not going to do me any favors on the ladder in the short term lol

Aaron

Final game Puzzle vs Polt is the closest tvp I've ever seen. So of course terran should win.

Bah, bad ghost control Polt.

Striek

IDK why he got cloak but didn't use it. He could've emped a ball of like ten templar in that first battle. But that was still wp both players.

Also I'd like to see terrans healing their medivacs/vikings after fights. Could help so much but instead every subsequent fight the vikings are weaker and medivacs get sniped easier.

Striek

Lol I got roach/ling/bane all-inned by a zerg, had two tanks on high ground and target fired all but one bane with them before they hit my solitary bunker. Easiest win ever.

Replay if anyones interested - http://drop.sc/110482/d

Finally on a good ladder run, got to 8-15 now upto 33-26. Every game I've lost I should've won but did something stupid (or played too passive).

MrKnives

Just keep your injects up. Supply blocks don't matter as much as Zerg anyway. Creep spread is a nice bonus. Just make tons of units and engage properly.

They matter a lot and it's almost a must to have an excellent creep spread, not just a nice bonus.

Striek

Played a zerg that loved his lings..
WcOJN.jpg

103 lings vs. 10 stalkers and 8 sentries ...

e54yM.jpg

3ntnv.jpg

Forcefield so imba.

This is a record for me also:
mS5PS.jpg

Almost all those zerg units killed are lings or banes (~20 are infestors/ultras). Crazy strategy from him.

Aaron

I was joking, but man has MKP fallen apart in the finals. He was looking unstoppable before, but that was against terran and protoss.

FoxSpirit

Played a zerg that loved his lings..
WcOJN.jpg

103 lings vs. 10 stalkers and 8 sentries ...

e54yM.jpg

3ntnv.jpg

Forcefield so imba.

This is a record for me also:
mS5PS.jpg

Almost all those zerg units killed are lings or banes (~20 are infestors/ultras). Crazy strategy from him.
Not really crazy.
Though I admit I'd prolly have made the same mistake, just shows how have to retreat and reengage until no FF energy is left.

But Ling/Bling/Infestor/Ultra demolishes Stalker/Sentry, care to post the replay?? Curious.

Keikaku

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEIKAKU! May your day go according to plan. Tashi and I will drink a round of beer in your honor tonight.
I freaked a little when I saw this post because I had no idea how you knew my birthday. Then I remembered that we're friends on Facebook.

Freaking technology, how does it work?

Spl1nter

Happy Birthday Kiekaku

On another note, my tvp is really strong compared to my tvt and tvz. Toss are not manner at all on ladder, never get a gg from them, fuels my desire to crush more of them.

WedgeX

Banned
Happy birthday Keikaku!

So. TvT builds. I needs them. Banshee harass and people building 20+ tanks and vikings has been destroying me as of late.

Deadman

Its the side tournament where its just players in new york, not the "lan" in columbus. It does say vods are free a week later though.

But if they are charging for this, why not columbus too?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I wonder if they're having money issues, they have been making some cuts recently. Can't see this being very popular, and personally I can't be bothered with any tournament that doesn't offer a HD stream for free.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
If they charged the 20 for Halo, I would pay. StarCraft 2? Ehhhhh I don't know. It's not so bad though when you think about it. For Boxing you pay 60$ for a prize fight that could potentially last like 1 round lol. With this, you get content for a whole weekend.

Keikaku

I wonder if they're having money issues, they have been making some cuts recently. Can't see this being very popular, and personally I can't be bothered with any tournament that doesn't offer a HD stream for free.
So how, exactly, are they supposed to make money?

I can understand that you want high quality streams, but I also understand that to provide that service costs money and that they have to make that money somehow. It's entirely possible that I may be missing some additional services that MLG can provide to make it worth your while but we already get the following for every mainline MLG event:
  • Some free VODs through their website
  • Replays
  • 2 streams at tournaments versus 4 if you pay
That's a ton of content for free.

I'm not sure I'll pay $20 for this particular tournament because I'm tight on cash right now, but I don't see the objection to it either.

Deadman

There will be 61 matches over the weekend. For comparison the current gsl season will have 67 code s matches. Maybe that makes it easier to stomach, i dunno.

Of course there is another thing to consider: the entire tournament of mlg is best of 3 double elim whereas gsl goes up to best of 5 from ro8 onwards, bo7 finals.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
So how, exactly, are they supposed to make money?

To be honest I have no idea. I do think that going straight to a PPV is a bad choice and they should have offered a free stream (for the first time at least), maybe a free SD stream of half the games.

Also Assembly is the same weekend, so that might cause issues. Though I'm sure with the fee they don't need to get that many to pay it to make the event profitable.

Keikaku

Any notable players at the Winter Arena? Because there will be other tournaments to watch on the same weekend.
Here are the players that I consider good/entertaining:
  • Leenock
  • Dongraegu
  • MVP
  • MC
  • Nestea
  • Parting
  • Marineking
  • Oz
  • Thorzain
  • Violet
  • Ganzi
  • TheSTC

There are other non-Koreans apart from Thorzain too like Idra and Huk, if that floats your boat. But that player lineup is insane.

To be honest I have no idea. I do think that going straight to a PPV is a bad choice and they should have offered a free stream (for the first time at least), maybe a free SD stream of half the games.

Also Assembly is the same weekend, so that might cause issues. Though I'm sure with the fee they don't need to get that many to pay it to make the event profitable.
It's also worth noting who will be showing up to those events. Look at the player list above. It's nuts.

Top Bottom