• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

fanboi

Banned
1200 votes... 15% would pay for it. lol TL.

That said I'm already nearly maxed on content right now so I'll most likely be passing on this.
Arena's are nice, but a league format where players prepare in advance is where truly good games come about.

Artosis is two or more weeks behind me. I know what's up.

And lastly WE HAVE ANOTHER FOREIGNER IN KOREA

StarTale has good taste. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=311479
pUvZK.jpg

How old is she?

My response will reflect what her age is.

Aaron

Who will be casting the MLG thing? The fact that Assembly is the same weekend takes the pressure off buying it, but good casters could hook me.

Mairu

Who will be casting the MLG thing? The fact that Assembly is the same weekend takes the pressure off buying it, but good casters could hook me.

They supposedly are announcing the casters tomorrow

I don't think I care too much about the Assembly conflict since EU tournament means I probably will miss most of it anyways ;(

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
no not MKP.. I was on my phone when I posted that and was remembering from when I saw the image this morning... ITS LOSIRA.

MrKnives

I'm usually very willing to pay some money to watch something I like but $20 seems kinda a lot. I do like the player list though.

I'm sad if $20 is the price needed for these kinda tournaments to happen. Also the fact GOLD members don't even get a discount is very weird.

//

Is the new StarTale girl actually any good or is she just for show?

syllogism

You appear to have reading comprehension issues, which isn't very surprising, but it is a tweet that says he _may_ cancel the remaining events if this one flops.

Zzoram

You appear to have reading comprehension issues, which isn't very surprising, but it is a tweet that says he _may_ cancel the remaining events if this one flops.

He's saying it for a reason. It's a threat to try to make people buy Winter Arena. He's implying he will cancel them without outright committing to it.

He would be a fool not to try a Spring Arena with a $10 PPV and reduce the prize pool from $26,000 to $10,000 (same as Pro Circuit events last year which players were happy to go to). However, if that also fails, then I definitely see him cancelling all future Arenas.

syllogism

He's saying it for a reason. It's a threat to try to make people buy Winter Arena. He's implying he will cancel them without outright committing to it.

He would be a fool not to try a Spring Arena with a $10 PPV and reduce the prize pool from $26,000 to $10,000 (same as Pro Circuit events last year which players were happy to go to). However, if that also fails, then I definitely see him cancelling all future Arenas.
It is not a threat, it is a statement of a fact. He may consider lowering the price based on how much revenue he gets at $20. For instance if it completely flops, it is unlikely and probably not worth the risk to go ahead with the remaining events as it's very expensive. If it does ok but not quite well enough, he may consider a lower price point. This is not speculation from my part, but a very likely and reasonable assumption.

Zzoram

It'll be interesting to find out how it goes though.

Barcraft events will pay the $20, but there will only be like 25 of those around the world. Other than that, only a few hundred people have indicated they are willing to pay for it, so who knows what the final number will be.

I wonder what their target number of sales is, and what they have to hit to try another Arena at a lower price. I know that $20 is too much for 1 weekend for me, but if it was $5 I would buy without hesitation. At $10, it would depend on how Winter Arena went, and if the quality of the event and the atmosphere seemed good enough (Homestory Cup style, since this is an all player event without an audience just like HSC).

mcrae

played a bunch of Hero Attack last night. playing as dark archon and creating a 30-strong reserve force then barrelling over your opponents line is fun times.

mcrae

It'll be interesting to find out how it goes though.

Barcraft events will pay the $20, but there will only be like 25 of those around the world. Other than that, only a few hundred people have indicated they are willing to pay for it, so who knows what the final number will be.

I wonder what their target number of sales is, and what they have to hit to try another Arena at a lower price. I know that $20 is too much for 1 weekend for me, but if it was $5 I would buy without hesitation. At $10, it would depend on how Winter Arena went, and if the quality of the event and the atmosphere seemed good enough (Homestory Cup style, since this is an all player event without an audience just like HSC).

those barcraft events, how do they work? they must have to pay more than 20$.. ars that show the UFC have to pay on a per-tv basis as far as i know, and its more than PPV i believe.

ultron87

those barcraft events, how do they work? they must have to pay more than 20$.. ars that show the UFC have to pay on a per-tv basis as far as i know, and its more than PPV i believe.

I don't think Barcrafting is an established enough thing that there are special payment models set up for it. Whoever organizes the event and brings the computer to hook up just pays for the stream probably.

hamchan

Has anyone gone to a barcraft by themselves? There's one coming up where I live but none of the people I know like Starcraft.

hamchan

no gaffers around?

i'd go to a toronto barcraft with gaf. ;_;

Unfortunately the only SC2 gaffer i know that lives in my country is Holycheck, and he lives in another city ><

I think I'll just go by myself to experience it. It's going to be insanely crowded with the amount of people that have already signed up on facebook.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
just bring a laptop and start challenging other people with laptops, you'll be the life of the party whenever there is downtime.

jasonng

Has anyone gone to a barcraft by themselves? There's one coming up where I live but none of the people I know like Starcraft.

I've done so for the last two MLGs and I had a blast. Believe me, it's super easy to talk to anyone there. Everybody's watching starcraft and drinking, you're making friends. Ezpz.

Q8D3vil

Poor forGG, dude used to get 2/3k viewer before, but after he got exposed that number dropped like a soviet satellite.
i don't think he is bad or even average, but you can't stream your strategies 24 hour and expect people to do nothing about them in tournaments games.

Zzoram

At the moment, Barcrafts pay no special fee. The organizer just pays the fee for a single HQ stream.

Zzoram

I'm planning to for the MLG Winter Arena in Toronto.

I hear they're pretty friendly people and a lot of people come alone. It's easy to talk to people because everyone there can discuss the latest happenings on Teamliquid or the games going on.

Zzoram

People were predicting and hyping him to be the next code S champion, dude goes 0 - 2 and it did not look pretty.

To be fair, Game 1 vs Leenock looked brilliant even if he lost. He just needs more experience with the game. His Game 2 build was straight out of 6 months ago.

ultron87

Psst, Zzoram: If you hit the plus sign next to the "quote" button by a bunch of posts and then hit Reply you can do multiple quotes in the same post.

:p

Zzoram

i dunno, its just a smiley i started using for some reason.

http://www.teamliquid.net/barcraft/info/41_toronto-mlg-winter-arena-victory-cafe

February 26th (Sunday), 4:00pm - 10:30pm EST

Where: Victory Cafe (Bathurst & Bloor area), Toronto

NO tickets will be sold. However, we are always incurring expenses to bring you the best viewing environment possible. We truly appreciate every donation, big or small. All money is put towards making future events bigger & better. No profit is made. The donation box will at the bar, PLEASE SHOW YOUR SUPPORT.

victorycheering.jpg

Supposedly it gets pretty full so if we want seats we should aim to show up around 4pm.

Top Bottom