• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

remz

Some days I want to destroy this slingbox...

1782282425.png

-.-.-.-.-.-;;;

I'd be like "wow my internet is going fast" with that speed

Fuchsdh

1782316510.png

Speedtest doesn't adequately describe my horrible connection. In the afternoons and evenings it'll drop out for minutes at a time. I think my only option is to spring for a 5Ghz router and see if I can cut through the surrounding interference.

Striek

Pffft. This is my connection near its best:

Dat upload speed ;_;

Also Sydneys closer to 500 miles away than 50, silly speedtest.

Striek

Had the system draw a match for the first time (click to enlarge):
I was zerg, thats in his base..

To win the game I need the queen and the spine to survive so I could kill his cannons in my base. I had more stuff but he had forcefields (also I didn't know he had so few probes). I did take out a different cannon a moment earlier by transfusing the spine, but I lost a queen ;_;

At the very last moment I decided to make an extractor so it wouldn't draw and I was going to try and kill everything but it didn't count as building a building I guess so it drew anyway. What would've you guys done with these units in that situation?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Slow internet has caused me to go down the wiki hole and some other shit.

Things Ive learned:
-Noodle from Gorillaz is a girl :eek:
-Daft Punk is from France (fu hugo)
-I still like music from the 90s/early 00s
-Playing MW3 with slow internet is horrible. Yet I still get enough kills :eek:
-I want the samsung galaxy note :eek:

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Position to bottom.
Move spine in range when Queen has 200 energy. Kill Cannon. Wait for 200 energy. Repeat.

Striek

Position to bottom.
Move spine in range when Queen has 200 energy. Kill Cannon. Wait for 200 energy. Repeat.
This is what I did for the first cannon when I had two queens. It takes a long time for a spine to burrow though and he can forcefield everything back and hit it with sentries+stalkers too. I felt like I had to commit to killing everything or nothing. Which I was going to.

I didn't know the rules for stopping the draws though needed you to actually finish a building - http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Stalemate_Detection

I definitely missed an opportunity to win either way, feels bad man.

Striek

1 queen is 4 transfuses at max energy which is like..500 health. It takes ~250 before burrowing just from the cannon. Probably like 600 total if the stalkers+sentries are attacking it (I also wasn't quite sure on sentry/stalker count whilst in-game). Also 12 forcefields.

The queen only hit 200 energy like 10 secs before the match ended so there wasn't enough time to kill the cannon at that point so I would've only had 3 tranfusions earlier.

Watching replay I see a timing after I killed third cannon and he'd used all his forcefields where I could've just overran it without the spines help, but hard to recognise in-game.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Slow internet has caused me to go down the wiki hole and some other shit.

Things Ive learned:
-Noodle from Gorillaz is a girl :eek:
-Daft Punk is from France (fu hugo)

-I still like music from the 90s/early 00s
-Playing MW3 with slow internet is horrible. Yet I still get enough kills :eek:
-I want the samsung galaxy note :eek:

Why are you researching bands you have clearly no interest in? :p

TheExodu5

Banned
Their highest speed package is Docsis 3.0. It is glorious! Except for that it's still at the whim of Rogers, which means it can go from 40 Mb/s to ~10 Mb/s within minutes.

Also, it only goes over 24mbit for a short period of time, thanks to SpeedBoost.

The upload in Canada is trash though. I hate it, because I'd love to do some video game streaming otherwise.

Also, it only goes over 24mbit for a short period of time, thanks to SpeedBoost.

The upload in Canada is trash though. I hate it, because I'd love to do some video game streaming otherwise.

I've been able to pull 30-35 Mb/s pretty consistently most days, there just seems to be a 3-4 hours gap every day where it decides I barely get 10. Of course I'm in a brand new building around Square 1, so that might have something to do with it.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

You can get an ok stream going with 1.2Mb upload

Tntnnbltn

Went through and converted the times for Assembly and MLG to AWST.

Assembly Summer 2012:
Friday 6pm --> Saturday 4am
Saturday 4pm --> Sunday 4am

MLG Winter Arena:
Saturday 6.30am --> Saturday 1pm
Sunday 2:30am --> Sunday 11am
Monday 1:30am --> Monday 9am

Before this I had floated the thought of buying a MLG Winter Arena pass, but with the way the timezones work out it's simply not worth it. I wouldn't be able to watch the finals anyway (work Monday morning)

Top Bottom