• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
My heart nearly exploded.

Naniwa almost fell for the baneling trap.

XoDJm.jpg

ksan

Game 2, so good.
6 pool --> Naniwa defends --> 2base muta + banes --> Imba forcefields negate banes completely --> Snipe hatches --> Naniwa wins

I'm going to have a folder of Naniwa Game 2 videos saved on my computer by the end of this tournament.

Those
panic ffs against the banes were hilarious

Tntnnbltn

I like the idea of passing to someone else for their thoughts on the game, provided that they are knowledgeable and say something insightful.

So basically I don't like special comments from JP and Rob.

I don't want to see Naniwa play again, this is just stupid.
Anyone who claims zerg v Naniwa is "just stupid" can't be trusted.

Edit: GIF of the clutch forcefields...
UgCLh.gif

deadnoob

I like the idea of passing to someone else for their thoughts on the game, provided that they are knowledgeable and say something insightful.

So basically I don't like special comments from JP and Rob.

Anyone who claims zerg v Naniwa is "just stupid" can't be trusted.

Edit: GIF of the clutch forcefields...
UgCLh.gif

Those two spines look like they are going to uproot themselves trying to kill the two stalkers on the high ground.

Snowman

So happy Huk's made it to the finals, missed the last mlg he won, so it's been a while since i've watched him do well in a tournament :D

My fucked up sleeping schedule made me miss Assembly's final 4 (I thought it was a 3 day event) and everything MLG today.

Not really surprised that people found a work around the MLG pay thing, it was kinda bound to happen, someone posted a restream yesterday in the Cross Assault chat and I was able to watch MVP/Ret but it was in Russian.

6 of the top 8 are koreans and the other 2 live in korean pro houses ? standard I guess. Is Huk back into his beast mode, because until Oz he had by far the easiest bracket run out of anyone.

Zzoram

lol apparently nestea just pulled drones vs naniwa but then had to retreat. that would have been a hilarious way to win

That cost him the game. He only pulled those drones because he wanted to create drama. If he just sent the lings and kept the drones at home, the extra income would've made that a 2-0 victory.

Zzoram

Anyone who claims Nestea v Naniwa was a "great" series can't be trusted. That was pathetic.

It was fun because it was basically pure trolling. They both trolled each other hard, and even Nestea was laughing at the end when he lost.

Probably miss he finals because of the oscars :\

You're going to watch that snoozefest over MLG Finals?

Check the results when the Oscars are over, the show is always horrible.

Zzoram

Teamliquid Page

MLG Winter Arena - Final Day

Loser's Bracket Round 6
Empire.Violet vs FXOz
MVP.DongRaeGu vs ST_Parting

Winner's Bracket Round 5
MarineKingPrime vs EG.Huk
ca.png

Toronto, Victory Cafe, 4pm-10pm, Feb.26th, BARCRAFT:

Going:
Zzoram
Picon_small.png

Pandaman
Zicon_small.png

scogoth
Picon_small.png

mcrae
Zicon_small.png

TheNiX
Ticon_small.png

Spl1nter
Ticon_small.png

Maybe:
hoverX
Picon_small.png

Meet at this Tim Hortons at 3pm.

Zzoram

Artosis is by far my favorite caster. His jokes and stories are the most consistently funny, he's quite obviously the highest skilled player among the full time casters, and he's so plugged into the Korean scene and knows gossip, and his voice is good.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I'm hoping SO badly that MKP beats Huk, and then beats DRG or Huk in the finals. That would be so great.

NO! MKP can't become a champion, then he would lose his underdogish charm.

He must remain forever 2nd place. With Sen right behind him.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Have any of you taken some time off SC2 and found it hard to get back into playing...and found some way of actually getting back into things...?

Have any of you taken some time off SC2 and found it hard to get back into playing...and found some way of actually getting back into things...?

Yes, yes and no. Haven't played in ages and i don't get much spare time (and a lot of that spare time i'm not around a computer that has the internet/can run SC2). Basically i don't really want to play online unless i can actually put some time into it and play at a decent level.

I would love to go for masters but i think with the amount of time i currently have i would struggle getting anywhere. I've become one of those people who really just watch instead of play lol.

Jokab

If you, like me, watch a lot of professional SC2, tournaments and streams, you'll have no problem figuring out the strategy part. Then it just comes down to mechanics, which you can brush up on in 5-10 quick matches vs the computer. When you have the basics down you'll just have to start playing ladder to get the hang of reading build orders and figuring out what your opponent is doing.

If you don't watch SC2 regularly... then you'll have some problems probably, unless your level is low silver/bronze. The metagame constantly evolves and if you haven't kept up you'll probably get crushed in the beginning from not knowing what works and what doesn't these days.

Trickster

Yes to all.

You get back into the game by playing it and asking around for tips on how to react to different things and when you should do x.

Zzoram

I took lots of time off. I came back and am playing at the same level, maybe even better, because I finally picked a race. Also, I was watching SC2 the entire time I wasn't playing, so I was still learning without playing. My builds are a bit better now so that's helped.

mcrae

BAAAARRRRRRCRAFTTTTTTTT

I've been ridiculously drunk the past two nights and only had 5-6 hours sleep for the past 3 so don't mind me if I seem tired as fuck because I am. Also doing a group project before so am going to show up at the bar at 4, can't make it any earlier. What r u guys gonna be wearing so I know its you? I'll recognize panda but maybe he'll be in the bathroom or something.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
BAAAARRRRRRCRAFTTTTTTTT

I've been ridiculously drunk the past two nights and only had 5-6 hours sleep for the past 3 so don't mind me if I seem tired as fuck because I am. Also doing a group project before so am going to show up at the bar at 4, can't make it any earlier. What r u guys gonna be wearing so I know its you? I'll recognize panda but maybe he'll be in the bathroom or something.

zzoram said he'd be in a teamliquid shirt, so that should help.
splinters italian, so look for some shady mafia types.

everytime i try to remember what you look like i picture just that cut you had across your nose, lol.

WedgeX

Banned
Any one ever had to purchase a new CMOS battery? Hoping that radio shack or best buy will carry them. Finally explains the random problems my computers been having...

Tntnnbltn

I have 21.5 GB of VODs queued up for download. x_x And that's not even including anything from Assembly.

(I got some of my students into the SC2 tournament scene, but being teenagers they are limited by whatever internet plans their parents have. Whenever there's a big tournament like MLG I download the VODs for them)

BAAAARRRRRRCRAFTTTTTTTT

I'll be wearing a black shirt with a space invader on it. I could just shout "MCRAE!" at random intervals.

Anyone around Square One or on the way who needs a ride? Girlfriend decided she doesn't need the car so I'll be driving.

Spl1nter

I'll be wearing a black shirt with a space invader on it. I could just shout "MCRAE!" at random intervals.

Anyone around Square One or on the way who needs a ride? Girlfriend decided she doesn't need the car so I'll be driving.

I'll be wearing a suit. Also me and spitz will probably meet you guys at the bar around 3:45. Depends what time we leave my place.

mcrae

zzoram said he'd be in a teamliquid shirt, so that should help.
splinters italian, so look for some shady mafia types.

everytime i try to remember what you look like i picture just that cut you had across your nose, lol.
Haha well I banged my face into a door while working the other night so a have a big bruise in exactly the same spot, so that'll make it easy for ya

I'm seriously expecting random yellings of mcrae

Top Bottom