• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Tntnnbltn

fL1Cm.jpg

The technology just isn't there yet.

calder

I'd love to joke about MLG having Simpson there *just* to make sure a Blizzard guy has his ass on the line if shit breaks, but Blizzard's own events have been plagued by the worst Bnet issues of any tournament so I'm sure Rob is well into "like I give a fuck" mode.

calder

Oh man that probe was almost the most ninja probe ever. So close.

I think Rob is alright, he can be solid enough with a complimentary caster, but solo or with the wrong casting partner he has an odd energy that doesn't mesh and some clunky commentary.

hoverX

vfeY6.png

Thats all thats left...i mean I guess it can stay around to that long, but not many games left :/
Im not watching so I dont know how they are timing it out.

Ah well... I watched a bunch of VOD's this morning from earlier in the tourney. Even if I subscribed on Friday I doubt i'd be sitting around watching all weekend. As long as I catch 5 or 6 hours total i'll be happy.

calder

It kills me how the 1080 stream is just hot sex for a while but then my pc starts choking and I end up on the 480 at the end of a match. I just wish I knew if it was twitch sucking or my browser (my first guess only because FF was the worst bu chrome seems to be running a bit better) or my PC, I know my desktop would struggle with a live 1080 stream being a few years old but my much newer laptop stutters at times too.

Deadly

It kills me how the 1080 stream is just hot sex for a while but then my pc starts choking and I end up on the 480 at the end of a match. I just wish I knew if it was twitch sucking or my browser (my first guess only because FF was the worst bu chrome seems to be running a bit better) or my PC, I know my desktop would struggle with a live 1080 stream being a few years old but my much newer laptop stutters at times too.
Your connection maybe?I assume 1080p requires a rather good connection.

calder

Your connection maybe?I assume 1080p requires a rather good connection.

You never know, but I have a pretty good 50Mb connection. My ISP may randomly be sucking, but I more often get the impression it's my comp. my desktop especially I have no problem imaging just can't render a 1080 live stream as its an old quad core and worse just 4 gigs of ram, but my lappy is an i5 a least.

Having said all that my laptop was been solid since the last match so fingers crossed.

As someone who does tech support I just wonder how you can actually troubleshoot shit like this with so many moving parts. It's agony reading the twitch chat when ppl start yelling about lag, who just state "I know it's not on my end for sure!" and I'm sitting here thinking how could you possibly say that lol. Just because your old dual core pc can run YouTube vids at 1080 doesn't mean it can run a live stream, just because you think you have really good broadband doesn't mean your ISP isnt choking, and them you get into browsers and twitch and everything in between etc it's daunting to even try to guess what's happening.

Lmao at the interviews.

calder

Halfway through I thought Huk was going to lose. DT's was a dumb choice

And leaving after the initial attack was rough, he left mkp with 2 bases to rebuild scv's while Huk was still on one base.

Deadly

You never know, but I have a pretty good 50Mb connection. My ISP may randomly be sucking, but I more often get the impression it's my comp. my desktop especially I have no problem imaging just can't render a 1080 live stream as its an old quad core and worse just 4 gigs of ram, but my lappy is an i5 a least.

Having said all that my laptop was been solid since the last match so fingers crossed.
If you have a 50mbit connection then it's probably not that :lol But as you said we never know, there are many variables, you'll just have to try em all

Paches

Thank god they are putting in Tastosis back in for the final games (presumably for the finals as well). JP and Wheat were pretty bad.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I love ya Huk, but I don't think you have a snowball's chance.

jasonng

Hmm so for the last two MLGs I went to a barcraft, rooting for DRG. He ultimately loses. Now I decide not to go to barcraft and DRG has a good chance to take the tournament?

Shit, something's wrong here.

holy shit at the supply difference

DRG maxed at 13 minutes.

In the IPL teamleague there was a game where violet was maxed before the 14 minute mark with like 2K/1K banked and he had drop and overlord speed (i don't remember exact times or money but it was insane). Sometimes zerg early game can look pretty scary when this sort of thing happens.

mcrae

I just ate a burger.

There's like 12+ staff members here from the esports organization. All 4-5 of the girls are asian lol.. And hot as hell.

Otherwise is like a 10:1 ratio.

We can't see the minimap, but scogoth panda and I are sitting on a couch so its ballin. Also 4:3 ratio lol

7quUu.jpg

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I just ate a burger.

There's like 12+ staff members here from the esports organization. All 4-5 of the girls are asian lol.. And hot as hell.

Otherwise is like a 10:1 ratio.

We can't see the minimap, but scogoth panda and I are sitting on a couch so its ballin. Also 4:3 ratio lol

7quUu.jpg

lol canada gaf

Top Bottom