• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Snowman

Its not the first time.

But is it not always the same issue of having people on the show that probably have more to say about mlg than the other events? I've definitely noticed that they generally spend more time talking about gsl when they have artosis there, I think that's just the way it works.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
But is it not always the same issue of having people on the show that probably have more to say about mlg than the other events? I've definitely noticed that they generally spend more time talking about gsl when they have artosis there, I think that's just the way it works.
Keep on believing on what you want.

+_*.*

Snowman

Keep on believing on what you want.

+_*.*

I don't understand why you have a weird cynicism about this stuff? If the people on the show have more to say about mlg then they should talk about mlg for longer, don't stretch the other conversations out or cut the mlg one short just for the sake of fairness, surely?

Vaporak

Why isn't it featured in the TL bar?

nvm I guess it is, just called Incredible Miracle because it's a shared team stream

Yeah IM seems to have an account they share for whoever wants to be streaming. Probably not the way to do it if they care about popularity, for that individually labeled streams seems better.

omg Nestea burrowed his roaches right outside his natural, waited for the other zerg to attack him then popped up and smashed a larger/better tech army omggg

(._.)

Banned
iNcontroL said:
Listen you stupid ass. I put more work into this game and this community at large than ANY of the "people who play with every spare moment they have." Ok? So if at the end of the year I take a 1.5 month break to see my family, ask my gf's family for her hand in marriage and cool down after 12 hour work days 7 days a week for the other 10.5 months then SO FUCKING BE IT.

I am SICK and tired of dumb asses coming in and judging me and making it seem like I don't fucking appreciate everything I have. God damn, GO AWAY

one of the many posts I had the privilege to read on TL in the Evil Genius sponsored thread lmao

Corran Horn

one of the many posts I had the privilege to read on TL in the Evil Genius sponsored thread lmao

Ya I saw that. On one hand im like wtf that is one long vacation...then on the other hand Im like reason why people are flipping out on him is why he remains on the team while other better players got kicked.

Enjoyable SotG, as usual. Incontrol really carries that show, esp. with his great questions for Nestea. (JP's initial questions were not the most diplomatic. 'Why u in slump?', etc.)

Zzoram

I think Nestea was right to say he wasn't in a slump.

He's been in every season of GSL Code S, and I think he's gotten to the Ro16 or better for every one of those seasons. Only Nada has been in Code S for every season since the beginning along with Nestea, but Nestea has had far better performance obviously with his 3 wins. MC, MVP and Zenio have been in Code S for all but 1 season, they are also consistent players.

I don't think you can say someone is in a slump when they're staying in Code S, the toughest tournament in the world. Just because Nestea won 3 GSLs doesn't mean he has to be winning a tournament every other month to be considered not slumping. Nestea doesn't participate in much so he doesn't have that many opportunities to win tournaments. He's had little experience with foreign events and jet lag obviously takes quite the toll on him so I don't consider that slumping. Also, for the foreign events he did go to, he took #2 for Blizzcon, #12 at MLG Providence, and top 16 at MLG Winter Arena. That's not bad for his only foreign performances.

Nestea was generally regarded as the best player in the world not long ago. The main reason people are questioning his place is because we're witnesses glaring holes in his play, something that was not evident not long ago. While his ZvZ is still among the best in the world - if not the best - his ZvT has been weak for some time. The Terran metagame has shifted a lot over the last few months, and in some ways it seems like Nestea hasn't evolved to combat this while other zergs like DRG and Stephano have.

Abusive Terrans just destroy him. I realize Terran are favored in ZvT, but it's not like no Zergs are winning. Nestea's play seemed to shift the ZvZ metagame in terms of Mutas, but he really hasn't had much of an impact on ZvT or ZvP - while DRG, Stephano, and Leenock have. I think that's a fair point. Nestea is certainly one of the most consistent players but past accolades mean less and less as the game's skill level advances so quickly. Not long ago MVP was considered the defacto best player, now he's struggling to keep up (although carpel tunnel plays a major role in that, apparently).

Zzoram

Nestea's ZvT is a weak point for sure, but I think he can fix it pretty easily. He just needs to adopt burrowed banelings more like Leenock, and to use more infestors in his play.

Late game, he also needs to play a more harass style instead of clashing big armies since Terrans tend to win those clashes.

Even if DRG is better than Nestea right now, Nestea is still likely a top 3 Zerg.

Nestea's ZvT is a weak point for sure, but I think he can fix it pretty easily. He just needs to adopt burrowed banelings more like Leenock, and to use more infestors in his play.

Late game, he also needs to play a more harass style instead of clashing big armies since Terrans tend to win those clashes.

Even if DRG is better than Nestea right now, Nestea is still likely a top 3 Zerg.

Oh no doubt, Nestea is top three easily. But while DRG and Leenock handle ZvT well overall, Nestea is struggling a lot. It's like when a dominant tennis player begins to age, and suddenly his weaknesses get magnified while others pass him by. I agree Nestea is good and smart enough to fix his play, it just hasn't happened yet.

cdyhybrid

Round 14 is bullshit. Have to be fucking MC to beat it apparently. Didn't put perfect forcefields down the instant the game started? Sorry, reload the level.

Edit: Nevermind, the ones with Zealots and Banes is the real bullshit. Have to have fucking pro clicking speed to split that fast.

Edit2: Nope, sniping banelings when the targeting cursor for snipe is basically invisible on that platform is the stupidest shit ever.

These are dumb. The puzzle ones are good. The ones where it basically comes down to CLICK REALLY REALLY FAST aren't creative or fun at all.

ksan

Round 14 is bullshit. Have to be fucking MC to beat it apparently. Didn't put perfect forcefields down the instant the game started? Sorry, reload the level.

Edit: Nevermind, the ones with Zealots and Banes is the real bullshit. Have to have fucking pro clicking speed to split that fast.

Edit2: Nope, sniping banelings when the targeting cursor for snipe is basically invisible on that platform is the stupidest shit ever.

These are dumb. The puzzle ones are good. The ones where it basically comes down to CLICK REALLY REALLY FAST aren't creative or fun at all.

I thought the zealot split and the sniping one were among the most fun ones :D

mcrae

this is a funny progressive post

i enjoyed the zealot one, thought it was more of a puzzle. the forcefields were frusterating, but ok. the banshee/marines pissed me off most. im currently stuck on the sniping banelings.. i was stuck on the 3stalker/2phoenix/2 templar but got it eventually

on a unrelated note i recently met this hot female bartender who is into starcraft and lives for halo and enjoys cod. other than the fact that i dont own an xbox, this is awesome

I've had some success today with this ZvZ 15h build
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=199583

I've decided that the matchup is such a coin flip that I'll just 15h every time, unless I see something fishy. The early roaches are timed to stop baneling nonsense, although I'm curious as to how it would fare against a mass ling attack. Basically once I hold off any attack, the opponent tends to expect a counter so I drone up heavily, then try to hit a +1 roach attack, perhaps with speed if needed.

Went 4-1 using it; it really kills 2 base Muta as long as you scout properly. The only loss came on Meta after I transitioned into a quick third and didn't realize my opponent took the gold.

Jeff-DSA

I had a good time watching QXC's stream last night. In one game he did a Marauder/Hellion build against a Terran that looked extremely powerful. Did anybody catch that or what his build order was?

Zzoram

Being able to make quick and precise clicks is part of the micro required to be a master player. Not sure why you're complaining. Just practice until you get better and faster.

Zzoram

But what about gaf nights!

You can be entertaining without resorting to racism/sexism/swearing/etc. Artosis manages with nerdy inside jokes celebrating nerd culture instead of using derogatory words to tear outsiders down. Those things make you sound stupid/immature to most people, and considering that the general public already thinks that about professional Starcraft 2, getting away from casting like that would do a great deal towards improving the image of SC2 and improving acceptance of it as a legitimate hobby.

Corran Horn

You can be entertaining without resorting to racism/sexism/swearing/etc. Artosis manages with nerdy inside jokes celebrating nerd culture instead of using derogatory words to tear outsiders down. Those things make you sound stupid/immature to most people, and considering that the general public already thinks that about professional Starcraft 2, getting away from casting like that would do a great deal towards improving the image of SC2.

Im just more surprised people still watch NASL. I tuned it on the other night and it looks like they gave up on dressing up for the casts lol.

Zzoram

NASL is still pretty bad because of Gretorp.

I'll watch a bit every now and then if it's teams/players I like and I have nothing else to do. I'll catch the finals though, I try to catch all the major prize pool finals I can.

Spl1nter

You can be entertaining without resorting to racism/sexism/swearing/etc. Artosis manages with nerdy inside jokes celebrating nerd culture instead of using derogatory words to tear outsiders down. Those things make you sound stupid/immature to most people, and considering that the general public already thinks that about professional Starcraft 2, getting away from casting like that would do a great deal towards improving the image of SC2 and improving acceptance of it as a legitimate hobby.

you must hate me.

Spl1nter

But you're not a professional caster and gaf nights is where we dick around. When you actually casted, you were fine.

There is a time and place. I wont be okay with tasteless making a Jewish joke for example.

why not? whats wrong with jewish jokes in comparison to italian or asian jokes?

I still have no idea what Gretorp said. That TL thread is vague as fuck. They're talking about NASL as if anyone watches it and doesn't need to have it described

jasonng

I'm pretty curious myself but my opinion of him wouldn't change regardless. I can't remember the last time I watched the NASL.

Spl1nter

The point is none of those jokes should be made.

But they are funny. Thats the point of jokes.

but what if the racist/sexist joke is really funny, I mean REALLY funny ?

Than its a good joke.

I still have no idea what Gretorp said. That TL thread is vague as fuck. They're talking about NASL as if anyone watches it and doesn't need to have it described

Something about Asians, so it was probably really funny.

Top Bottom