• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

fanboi

Banned
Thought Bomber had it when Hydra seemed to have lost a bunch of lings/banes and only had mutas left but it was all so he could get Bomber to unsiege cause he had EVEN MORE lings/banes

Yeah which was nice ^^

And alot of tanks died from the first attack.

Zzoram

He lost to... was a master player.

And now he playes him again.

The thing about Korea is that there are probably 300 people legitimately good enough to be Grand Master anywhere else, so a bunch of these Rank 1 Master players are really GM material.

Zzoram

Well, Hydra is rank 2 in KeSPA right now for best current Broodwar player, so it wouldn't be surprising if he really got that good that fast.

The fact that CJEntusHydra is playing a bit strange increases the likelihood he's the Broodwar player. Other pros smurfing would be figured out by their distinctive styles. This guy does some Leenock-ish stuff so it could be a Leenock smurf, but hopefully it's the real deal.

(._.)

Banned
I've noticed a lot of Koreans don't play on widescreen monitors. Also bomber just listens to the in game default SC music, not his own playlist ~_~

Holden

nope

and adblocker on chrome needs to work;;

nvm i found a better adblocker on chrome, works like a charm, LONG LIVE CHROME

Well, Hydra is rank 2 in KeSPA right now for best current Broodwar player, so it wouldn't be surprising if he really got that good that fast.

The fact that CJEntusHydra is playing a bit strange increases the likelihood he's the Broodwar player. Other pros smurfing would be figured out by their distinctive styles. This guy does some Leenock-ish stuff so it could be a Leenock smurf, but hopefully it's the real deal.

aaaaaaaaa hydra...

d0060563_4c501bb469d33.jpg

Zzoram

I've noticed a lot of Koreans don't play on widescreen monitors. Also bomber just listens to the in game default SC music, not his own playlist ~_~

It's because Broodwar players had only CRT monitors.

However, most of the Broodwar houses just got high end PCs and widescreen LCDs a month ago to start training SC2 part-time.

Zzoram

I dunno though. He tried to micro the mutas like Broodwar mutas, and he lost to Bomber 2 out of 3 games. I don't know if Leenock would lose 2 out of 3 to Bomber in both their current conditions.

Broodwar players switching right now would probably just copy what they saw from the last 3 GSL finals.

Zzoram

Apparently the CJEntus A-team all have STARCRAFT 1,2 in their twitter subtitle, indicating that they're playing both.

Zzoram

Hmm this CJEntusHydra account was made today and is 32-7 in KR Masters. It's a smurf, but it could still be a Broodwar player smurf.

It looks a lot like Leenock though.

Deadman

Yeah maybe, but its like playing your friend and 6 pooling and saying "well you should have 8 scouted to see it"

forGG sure can proxy 11/11 rax. new terran hero.

Keikaku

Why are people tso excited about ForGG's stream? He just seems to do nothing but hellion pressure or proxy 2 rax :/
I like it because he practices the same build over and over again in almost every matchup. He makes little adjustments here and there but it's a really nice way for me to copy builds and to see how he reacts to his opponents movements when he has set builds.

He also loses a lot less units and generally makes better trades for his drops and it's always cool to see that.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Upgrades are ALWAYS good.

Trickster

The phoenix builds that some protoss use in pvp seems pretty much unbeatable if the protoss is just semi decent with their phoenix control, but isn't it pretty much an autolose build if the other protoss does a dt rush? I mean you'd have no detection if you go for a phoenix build, and by the time you fly a phoenix over their base for scouting, wouldn't it already be to late to react?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
The phoenix builds that some protoss use in pvp seems pretty much unbeatable if the protoss is just semi decent with their phoenix control, but isn't it pretty much an autolose build if the other protoss does a dt rush? I mean you'd have no detection if you go for a phoenix build, and by the time you fly a phoenix over their base for scouting, wouldn't it already be to late to react?

yeah pvp phoenix is a coinflip.

yeah pvp phoenix is a coinflip.

Only if you rush for them. You can transition into phoenix play which isn't a coinflip and can be quite powerful if done right. I was having a lot of success going heavy protoss air in the mid-late game in pvp. There are some pros who make it work as well.

Slayers_Dragon actually going to links sometimes makes his stream so awesome. He might not be the best player streaming, but god is he hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH25gHpYNBk

This video is hilarious as well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN7q95MZzw0&feature=related

Dragon isn't the best player going around but he doesn't get that much time to practice and i think he does pretty well for himself. I think it's a shame he doesn't go for it full time because i would love to see him make it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Hmm. Sad no super tournament. Loved that format. Odd no world championship too considering how much fun that was to watch for the team league games.

GSL changes were known, but still good. Guess that helps show why the season are costing more money now. Hope Tastosis will actually cast these games...my worry lol.

Mairu

I like winner's league though ;_;

It's kind of shitty that they haven't announced any of the extra side tournaments, but I guess that's a Korean news story and they probably don't pay for their streams!

Top Bottom