• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
fucking yoshi, talk shit in sc2 thread then refuse to play against plat zerg :/
I still don't get it how you think I have time to play SC2 with you, when I've barely got any time to even log on to my SC2-account? I'm playing four games simultaneously, all games which require a lot of time dedication. It's December, a console and PC-gamers bane. Let me enjoy my fucking games.

(._.)

Banned
Seriously, why do I keep getting zerg on ladder? it is my worst match up. I am losing every game to them too. Is it because zerg lose a ton in the lower leagues so they are pairing me with others like me? I feel very comfortable against T and P but I feel lost playing zerg. I focus quite a bit on my macro and scout so I know how many bases they have. Once I have a huge death ball I move in and I kill most of the zerg army. They then resupply and kill what army I have left and then I lose. please pair me against a race other than zerg so I have a chance for some wins.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Seriously, why do I keep getting zerg on ladder? it is my worst match up. I am losing every game to them too. Is it because zerg lose a ton in the lower leagues so they are pairing me with others like me? I feel very comfortable against T and P but I feel lost playing zerg. I focus quite a bit on my macro and scout so I know how many bases they have. Once I have a huge death ball I move in and I kill most of the zerg army. They then resupply and kill what army I have left and then I lose. please pair me against a race other than zerg so I have a chance for some wins.
You're diamond, right? Diamond is drenched with zergs because it's the easiest race to go to diamond with (not saying it's ez-pz but terran and protoss usually can't handle zerg macro at lower levels).

(._.)

Banned
You're diamond, right? Diamond is drenched with zergs because it's the easiest race to go to diamond with (not saying it's ez-pz but terran and protoss usually can't handle zerg macro at lower levels).

no way breh. I'm gold.

and I watched the replay and noticed I was equal with him for a long time up until the last four minutes when I got aggressive. I'm guessing he out macro'd me even though I had a slightly bigger army and our worker count was equal.

I'm really try to focus on practicing macro.

Trickster

I'm starting to see a trend with diamond zerg and protoss ( don't really meet any terran at all so can't comment there ). They all seem like cheesy ass fuckers

(._.)

Banned
except I actually wanna be good, i need to train mechanics and solid builds for that.

quoting for emphasis

I refuse to 4gate or cheese even though I know I could take many games if I did. I want to learn the game and enjoy macro games with good players.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
You guys watching the VGA's? Blizzard just came on stage and announced a partnership with Microsoft and 343 Industries. They're adding another race to StarCraft II. Forerunner! OMG HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE fuck terran.

Yoshichan

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
When all else fails...go DTs...and then base race... ;;

vrXCe.jpg

Trickster

Would anyone be willing to check out this replay? - http://www.mediafire.com/?otmafbu2c8yr4ww

It's like 3½ sc2 minutes since it's me losing to a 6 pool when i try to forge expand. I just don't see how on earth i could have held that. I got lucky and scouted the zerg the first time, and still i couldn't manage to get a cannon up in my mineral line before it's to late.

Yoshichan

haven't watched the replay yet... but when I clicked your link, it says "Nerazim Crypt". Veto it.

zulfate

I'm not really qualified to give advice, so take this with a grain of salt. The key as zerg, imo, is to keep your terran and protoss away from their late game units. If a 200/200 zerg army fights a 200/200 terran/protoss army the zerg will generally lose. If you have your beginning down pat and get get 2 bases up and running try to do some pressure off that while taking a 3rd. If you keep pressuring and expanding your own economy the terran and protoss won't be able to get those tough late-game compositions.

For 2 and 3 specifically, you should not be allowing your opponent to get to those units. You should be aggressive enough during the mid and early late game that your opponent is forced to invest resources into defense that would otherwise be used on carriers/BCs, or he'll die.

thanks guys! i appreciate it

So many new SC2 players... god damn it, e-sports!
it was not e-sports , i was always a fan of starcraft but i didnt have a modern pc to play sc2. then finally i got one and i noticed the black friday deal for sc2 at $30 and i jumped on! besides whats wrong with new players arent we just cannon fodder for you guys lol

1 is just practice. 2&3 come down to the fact that zerg doesn't have any good units that hit air, which is, on the one hand, pretty dumb-seeming, but, on the other, part of how things are, and the game manages to be pretty compelling regardless. So, you know?

yes thank you usually i make corruptors to counter there air but they always get shot down in seconds :/

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
@trickster: your forge was 10 seconds late because you built it from your main and your cannon was another 5+ seconds late because you build a gateway. also you attacked the lings with small numbers of probes, which is a good way to lose all your probes.

alternative methods to buy time: wall the bottom of your ramp, you only needed a pylon to complete the walloff.

Yoshichan

it was not e-sports , i was always a fan of starcraft but i didnt have a modern pc to play sc2. then finally i got one and i noticed the black friday deal for sc2 at $30 and i jumped on! besides whats wrong with new players arent we just cannon fodder for you guys lol
Complaining about e-sports no matter what is a common thing to do. It's a (bad) joke that's gone too far.

Trickster

@trickster: your forge was 10 seconds late because you built it from your main and your cannon was another 5+ seconds late because you build a gateway. also you attacked the lings with small numbers of probes, which is a good way to lose all your probes.

alternative methods to buy time: wall the bottom of your ramp, you only needed a pylon to complete the walloff.

alright, thanks. I knew i lost some seconds a few places, I'm surprised that I can't afford to do that when i get lucky on the scouting.

Would anyone be willing to check out this replay? - http://www.mediafire.com/?otmafbu2c8yr4ww

It's like 3½ sc2 minutes since it's me losing to a 6 pool when i try to forge expand. I just don't see how on earth i could have held that. I got lucky and scouted the zerg the first time, and still i couldn't manage to get a cannon up in my mineral line before it's to late.

I would give the exact same advice that i gave you before. Basically what panda said.

Yoshichan

gz!

Now enjoy ZvZ

Yoshichan

V_Arnold

Congratulations, Devil. Your persistence almost makes me wanna go back to play SCII hardcore style again. Maybe next month, I'll do that. I am on the edge :D

Yoshichan

Congratulations, Devil. Your persistence almost makes me wanna go back to play SCII hardcore style again. Maybe next month, I'll do that. I am on the edge :D
Are you hanging on a moment of truth?

Yoshichan

I do not get that reference. I would only get if you asked if it was an edge of a deep green sea, but this? :D
I'm on the edge of glory!
And I'm hanging on a moment of truth!

Lady Gaga ♥

Yoshichan

Looool! I actually love Lady Gaga, so dumb me! :D
V, you're literally #1 in my world now. Number ONE.

Please tell me you're going to pvp hardcore in Diablo 3, I'd want you in my team!

V_Arnold

We will see, Yoshi. We will see :D
I have no interest in PVP just yet, as I would want to start some serious PVE first, but nothing is set in stone yet : D

Yoshichan

don't mention any shit related to that shit in this thread plz :/
if only we can make this thread ponies free too. :/
sc2 derp

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i have no clue if this works but i'm gonna leave it

(that's major)
Q4B7a.png

found it on reddit

major is full of shit, it doesn't work for the exact same reason archon toilet works on brood lords. terrans and/or eggs are basically immobile and dont push anything around.

Holden

major is full of shit, it doesn't work for the exact same reason archon toilet works on brood lords. terrans and/or eggs are basically immobile and dont push anything around.

thing is most zerg try to move their army out of vortex once its finished, even thow they ll spread out better if you let them be where they are with the unattackable 1.5 sec thing or w.e it is

get on mumble too

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
thing is most zerg try to move their army out of vortex once its finished, even thow they ll spread out better if you let them be where they are with the unattackable 1.5 sec thing or w.e it is

get on mumble too

depends on the unit. its better to move mutas, it makes no difference what you do with broods and the vortex doesnt really effect much on the ground.

Top Bottom