• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Watching forgg's banshee control brings back fond memories of the bestfou.

last gstl was fucking shit, im leaning more toward the 100 $ for all gsls but it won't include the side tournaments :/

The side tournaments are garbage and usually get casted by the B team. No way am i paying to listen to moletrap cast a bunch of games where the players don't really give a shit.

The only tournament in Korea where the players really tried besides the main GSL is the team league and they have all but ruined that. I'll just stick to the main tournament for now.

last gstl was fucking shit, im leaning more toward the 100 $ for all gsls but it won't include the side tournaments :/

Why go for the $100 option instead of the $70 one ?

Sure dual stream of round 1 code A is good and all, but if there is actually a good game on the secondary stream you can watch on vods later.

Also if you go the $70 route you only save 1 whooping dollar on each season, so I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'll be buying tickets on season to season bases just like the past year since they missed the mark completely with their yearly plans.

On the team league, I really like the king of the hill format, proleauge format is not as exciting.

I like that ForGG really just sticks to the same build mostly. You can tell he is really trying to narrow them down and make them damn near perfect.

I really like his TvT play where he gets the banshee, raven, tanks and marines. It really looks like the sort of style which could become standard (i know it's nothing new but he makes it look great).

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
TB...barf...but good idea to help pro gamers out more
ProcastBanner.jpg

http://www.teamliquidpro.com/news/2011/12/10/tb-and-liquid-launch-procraft

jersoc

is there ever any starcraft on this WCG stuff? everytime I tune it it's like dota or something. blah.

edit:eek:h nice July is streaming didn't see him way down there :(
I swear he never sleeps

Just lost to a ball of marines tanks and banshees. There really is nothing i hate more in SC2 than facing that unit composition. It sucks because i'm playing really sloppy and all my timings are off. I got my lair way to late which meant my only anti air was spores and queens which didn't work out too well against that unit composition. Getting supply blocked just as the terran moves out probably doesn't help either :/.

Those loses really annoy me as i know i should have won (i was way up in supply and economy but just made a few stupid mistakes). That plus the guy basically sat there swearing and carrying on all game so it's kinda annoying when you lose to those people.

Still i think i'm starting to get back close to where i was, and i'm winning like 70-80% of my games since coming back to zerg.

cdyhybrid

Just lost to a ball of marines tanks and banshees. There really is nothing i hate more in SC2 than facing that unit composition. It sucks because i'm playing really sloppy and all my timings are off. I got my lair way to late which meant my only anti air was spores and queens which didn't work out too well against that unit composition. Getting supply blocked just as the terran moves out probably doesn't help either :/.

Those loses really annoy me as i know i should have won (i was way up in supply and economy but just made a few stupid mistakes). That plus the guy basically sat there swearing and carrying on all game so it's kinda annoying when you lose to those people.

Still i think i'm starting to get back close to where i was, and i'm winning like 70-80% of my games since coming back to zerg.

Look on the bright side - you know exactly why you lost and what you need to do to fix it. It could be worse!

Look on the bright side - you know exactly why you lost and what you need to do to fix it. It could be worse!

Yeah but sometimes there is a difference between knowing and doing. I always feel like i know the reasons i lost, actually changing my game to prevent it is another thing.

I just need to start laddering more and try not to go weeks without playing. Then again i've said this all before and i never do it lol.

Q8D3vil

i can't deal with that composition early game either.
:/

Q8D3vil

Come on man, you're the terran player here you're supposed to tell me how to stop it :p.
im really weak with scouting so i don't see it coming.
thats my main problem with it.
i need to learn how to have better map control and scout earlier.

i have been getting tons of zvp today and its awesome.
hopefully my zvz curse is gone.

Welcome to ZvT :D. If you are facing a good terran player and he wants something to go unscouted there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Good marine placement can prevent all overlord scouting and will limit your information to what you can gather from poking at their wall.

I think if i played nothing but ZvP and ZvZ i would have been in masters a long time ago.

Holden

... Start being good at zvz and then the "curse" will be gone, i hated pvz but now im fine in it and now the so called "curse" is gone;;

Anyone use the 5 marines 1 marauder + slow shell early push against protoss ? It is usualy very effective to secure your expand, or make good economic damage : especially if he expand very early and don't have that much tech/production.

Also, as Terran, I can't use Thor. I think they aren't that effective against mutas because they are slow as fuck, usually out of position and end up as expensive turrets. Same against mass roaches : when I do Thor the guy just send me zerglings and I've dying when I could deal with mass sieges tanks marines and be okay. Also, anyone use Thor against protoss ?

Trickster

so its like playing protoss in every other ZvP then? trololololol.

i dunno what it's like to play protoss as a zerg, I just know that statistics show zerg doing better in the zvp matchup currently.

And also regarding mutas, i was reading a topic on tl.net about what people had troubles with in the different matchup, probably 90% of protoss players said mutas.

Q8D3vil

i dunno what it's like to play protoss as a zerg, I just know that statistics show zerg doing better in the zvp matchup currently.

And also regarding mutas, i was reading a topic on tl.net about what people had troubles with in the different matchup, probably 90% of protoss players said mutas.
gsl fixed zvp through maps.

edit: not that there was anything wrong with it.

zulfate

hola! so after a week of playing sc2 i am officially addicted! now i am proud to say i am top 8 on the bronze ladder but i am still having a few issues as playing zerg:

1. i feel like i have a great beginning, i drone up , expand, etc etc but my freaking late game is terrible, with all the expansions and larvae and what not i just cant get that much micro managing going. its like i just forget to build certain thing and i fall behind.

2. i cannot for the life of me beat a decent protoss player, i just dont know how to counter certain things like a bunch of carries for instance.

3. same thing goes for the terrans, battle cruisers destroy me, but for the most part i feel like i play a decent game against them. i try to build corruptors but they die like in 3 hits easily from battle cruisers.

i know that all these reasons are probably because i just dont know how to fight well during late game but i am still learning and obviously need a lot of practice, thanks guys maybe i should join the neogaf chat channel i keep hearing about in here.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
All of those three seem late game which you get better with over time. Its sucks at first but then you can start reading things and abuse people for their greed :)

hola! so after a week of playing sc2 i am officially addicted! now i am proud to say i am top 8 on the bronze ladder but i am still having a few issues as playing zerg:

1. i feel like i have a great beginning, i drone up , expand, etc etc but my freaking late game is terrible, with all the expansions and larvae and what not i just cant get that much micro managing going. its like i just forget to build certain thing and i fall behind.

2. i cannot for the life of me beat a decent protoss player, i just dont know how to counter certain things like a bunch of carries for instance.

3. same thing goes for the terrans, battle cruisers destroy me, but for the most part i feel like i play a decent game against them. i try to build corruptors but they die like in 3 hits easily from battle cruisers.

i know that all these reasons are probably because i just dont know how to fight well during late game but i am still learning and obviously need a lot of practice, thanks guys maybe i should join the neogaf chat channel i keep hearing about in here.

I'm not really qualified to give advice, so take this with a grain of salt. The key as zerg, imo, is to keep your terran and protoss away from their late game units. If a 200/200 zerg army fights a 200/200 terran/protoss army the zerg will generally lose. If you have your beginning down pat and get get 2 bases up and running try to do some pressure off that while taking a 3rd. If you keep pressuring and expanding your own economy the terran and protoss won't be able to get those tough late-game compositions.

BigAT

For 2 and 3 specifically, you should not be allowing your opponent to get to those units. You should be aggressive enough during the mid and early late game that your opponent is forced to invest resources into defense that would otherwise be used on carriers/BCs, or he'll die.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So many new SC2 players... god damn it, e-sports!

1 is just practice. 2&3 come down to the fact that zerg doesn't have any good units that hit air, which is, on the one hand, pretty dumb-seeming, but, on the other, part of how things are, and the game manages to be pretty compelling regardless. So, you know?

Top Bottom