• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Holden

oh wow i tested it with infested terran. They stay all clumbed up and just insta die to archons :lol
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Holden

oh and btw, for the discussion about all Korean using own3d, i think cause they get a better connection to own3d. Pretty sure twitch is primarily in NA

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Hey guys, my bro has been playing this game for a while and he just convinced me to jump in.

I'm excited. I never played SC but was a huge AOE:ROR and AOE2 player. Played for years and years actively online.

For a noob starting to play today do you have a specific build order you would recommend? And also a specific hotkey setup to learn from day one as opposed to changing it down the road?

Thanks all!

Edit: I wanna go Terran.

Hey guys, my bro has been playing this game for a while and he just convinced me to jump in.

I'm excited. I never played SC but was a huge AOE:ROR and AOE2 player. Played for years and years actively online.

For a noob starting to play today do you have a specific build order you would recommend? And also a specific hotkey setup to learn from day one as opposed to changing it down the road?

Thanks all!

Also whichever race you think wold be the best to start with.

I think the only hotkey changes I made was to use ctrl to bind camera locations instead of the defualt (shift?).

As for race, terran or protoss would be easier to start with than zerg imo

edit: builds depend on race

edit2: for terran the easiest build to learn and start winning games right away would be the 3 rax. Go to teamliquid.net for more specifics. Although, I would suggest working on a general expand build and trying to play macro games. Doing a specific build like the 3 rax can lead you to league up too quickly and you'll eventually start getting crushed by people because your game isn't well rounded

a176

Banned

Thanks all!

Edit: I wanna go Terran.

make marines

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Trickster

Jesus, base race scenarios in PvT are the fucking dumbest thing ever. I only managed to win the game because he let my probes run away and i had money banked so I could rebuild other places. But the whole "ima lift my entire base lol" makes me want to act like yoshi to my keyboard.

On a different note, I need to tips on when and how to use warp prisms, I see players like white-ra and huk use them to great effect on their streams, but if I get warp prisms I always feel like the drops do nothing in any matchup except maybe pvp if the other protoss has very poor defense.

Jesus, base race scenarios in PvT are the fucking dumbest thing ever. I only managed to win the game because he let my probes run away and i had money banked so I could rebuild other places. But the whole "ima lift my entire base lol" makes me want to act like yoshi to my keyboard.

On a different note, I need to tips on when and how to use warp prisms, I see players like white-ra and huk use them to great effect on their streams, but if I get warp prisms I always feel like the drops do nothing in any matchup except maybe pvp if the other protoss has very poor defense.

I've gotten the best use against zergs who overextend themselves. 4 zealots + 3-4 more warped in can do a lot of damage at a 3rd or 4th hatch

Boxer: Idra is nicer than Huk

hahaha. The whole team is acting like some newly discovered tribe on the Discovery Channel, testing out the godly technology

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hey based Yoshichan. Give me a hook up for a job where I can talk about Starcraft 2 in the interview.
You can talk about Starcraft 2 in almost any job interview. This is my second time and it's worked flawlessly. Feel free to tell him that you're in high ranked and how much dedication it requires from you (mention how this is something you've learned to take with you in real life).

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
What are you good at?

"Well I am a great micro manager and getting everyone in the correct places in the correct times. Sometimes you need to push or pull your people when needed. I also believe my macro economics abilities are amazing. I can maximize the profits to near perfect amounts all while expanding our organization into new heights.

And here is the kicker, I can do both at the same time."

Yoshichan

Sounds like something you'd say in an interview at a bank :p

Zzoram

You can talk about Starcraft 2 in almost any job interview. This is my second time and it's worked flawlessly. Feel free to tell him that you're in high ranked and how much dedication it requires from you (mention how this is something you've learned to take with you in real life).

What kind of job interviews did you talk about SC2 at? Did those end in getting the job?

I know you're a thread regular but I don't know much about you. What race/server/league/rank are you? Do you play a lot?

Top Bottom