• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
CombatEX is actually not the same troll that he used to be :).
What kind of job interviews did you talk about SC2 at? Did those end in getting the job?

I know you're a thread regular but I don't know much about you. What race/server/league/rank are you? Do you play a lot?
I ended up getting both jobs when I spoke about SC2. People just seem to be fascinated by it (if you're a good talker, you can make anything sound impressive). I'm slightly offended that you don't know that I'm 100% terran in EU with lousy diamond status. I play a lot less than I used to but that doesn't stop me from using the four accounts I have to do some crazy fun shit on ladder :lol I also find myself arranging small tournaments (no money involved) in my area so that SC2 Sweden (or rather, Orebro which is where I live) community could hook up maybe once every two months. During the tournament, I'm usually spectating most of the games and I try to find low-league people that I find interesting. When the LAN ends, if I've found some cool guys, I'll ask them if they'd want some coaching (I love coaching because again, I love talking).

It's pretty much rinse repeat once every two months for me :)

Zzoram

The fact that you organize LANs and coach is probably the part that helps you get jobs in an interview. Organizing events and teaching people stuff are transferable useful skills for many jobs.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The fact that you organize LANs and coach is probably the part that helps you get jobs in an interview. Organizing events and teaching people stuff are transferable useful skills for many jobs.
Most likely, yeah. It's kinda hilarious though, when my company got bankrupt they had this 50% discount on everything so I planned on waiting until the last day so that I could buy the (one and only) SC2 Collector's Edition they had. So when the day arrived and I told them I wanted to buy the game, it was already too late. My boss had already bought the game :lol

Zen

Banned
CombatEX is awesome. Hopefully he has a decent showing and he and Incontrol don't get into a fight and mutually banned.

Zzoram

CombatEX is awesome. Hopefully he has a decent showing and he and Incontrol don't get into a fight and mutually banned.

iNcontroL would be the one to hit first and probably be the one to be banned. CombatEX is bm and a troll but that's not a reason to be banned, and I highly doubt he would hit first.

Trickster

To be fair, I don't think iNcontroL would be dumb enough to do something at MLG to get himself banned.

Well, remember the whole catz + incontrol + combatex + others skype call where they talk about how if combatex shows up to an mlg and goes up to incontrol and starts giving him shit, that he'd then knock him out?

Either way the viewer would profit from that.

a176

Banned
0csjv.png

Will someone kill combatex while he is there? lol

mississauga, no wonder hes a douche

Holden

after a while, i thought combatex was being cooler but after the whole incontrol vs combatex thing, i can confirm that combatex is a dick

Venfayth

Day9 casting Chill vs CombatEx was the thing that got me interested in SC, and Day9, and thusly SC2.

It's kinda weird seeing that all 3 of them have moved on in different ways.

Well, maybe Day9 moved on, haha.

Well, remember the whole catz + incontrol + combatex + others skype call where they talk about how if combatex shows up to an mlg and goes up to incontrol and starts giving him shit, that he'd then knock him out?

Either way the viewer would profit from that.

I don't remember that :( Care to expand?
I still think iNcontroL is self-aware enough to not punch someone at MLG. Although, I would forever be a fan of him :D

@Pandaman: I can't watch (working) but anything good being said?

Corran, this needs to be added to the SCII-GAF cycle, between every step, is a portion where Panda posts something, and Holden then asks why he isn't on Mumble.

Holden

Corran, this needs to be added to the SCII-GAF cycle, between every step, is a portion where Panda posts something, and Holden then asks why he isn't on Mumble.

he doesn't get on ANYTHING, gaf is the only way to get him playing some god damn games.

oh and apparently 3rax + 2fact blue flame beats stephano's popular zvt build

Yoshichan

Does mumble have surround capability?

Trickster

I don't remember that :( Care to expand?
I still think iNcontroL is self-aware enough to not punch someone at MLG. Although, I would forever be a fan of him :D

@Pandaman: I can't watch (working) but anything good being said?

Some skype call where combatex, incontrol, catz and some other people were on. Mainly combatex and incontrol were talking during the part i listenend to. But bassically combatex was being his usual self and saying that he says things like he sees them, examples like incontrol is a fatass and a shit player etc.

They got into talking about what would happen if combatex actually showed up at an event like mlg. Which lead into them talking about scenarios that could happen, one of them being what would happen if combatex came up to incontrol and started telling him shit to his face. Where incontrol claimed he would punch combatex in the face.

(._.)

Banned
Damn, I missed HuK's stream. I heard there was some funny stuff going on with the slayers team and boxer.

0csjv.png

Will someone kill combatex while he is there? lol
I heard he cleaned his act up. he isn't as crazy as deezer and he stopped stream cheating like over a year ago I think.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I heard he cleaned his act up. he isn't as crazy as deezer and he stopped stream cheating like over a year ago I think.
Yep. CombatEX acts stupid and offensive. Deezer is stupid and offensive, you can't compete with that kind of natural talent.

Yoshichan

CombatEX just PMed DesRow: "join my game, I will rape you".

Nevermind my previous post about him stopped being bm.

What kind of job interviews did you talk about SC2 at? Did those end in getting the job?

the first was a shitty retail job that barely qualifies as a real job.
given his credentials, I can't imagine this one being any better. (which is why he didn't bother to actually answer your question.)

Yoshichan

the first was a shitty retail job that barely qualifies as a real job.
given his credentials, I can't imagine this one being any better. (which is why he didn't bother to actually answer your question.)
Are you mentally retarded or just a bitter human being? If you want to continue this on, feel free to PM me because I have no idea why you seem to have a grudge on me.

Are you mentally retarded or just a bitter human being? If you want to continue this on, feel free to PM me because I have no idea why you seem to have a grudge on me.

Am I right or what?

I am just putting things into perspective for guys who are going to take your advice even remotely seriously.

didnt have burrow?

Oh you :p

He played well overall, so I'm not too bummed out, might just have lost otherwise too. I only really get angry when I lose against players that look like they really suck or do some random-ass shit that no one can predict. ("herpa derpa, imma 6 gate you off one base with Immortals")

Yoshichan

Am I right or what?

I am just putting things into perspective for guys who are going to take your advice even remotely seriously.
This has nothing to do with advice or not, I'm simply stating something I did and it worked out for me. If the guy feels like doing the same thing, go for it - I'm not telling him to do it straight up.

The first one was a clerk job and I wouldn't call it shitty because I was selling stuff I was interested in. And I also wouldn't call $3500/m (converted from 24000 SEK) anywhere near shitty - and I couldn't have possibly done anything against the bankruptcy that the company was going through.

And while my second job was nowhere near as fun, it involved knowing how my clients economy was and try to deal with his/her problem the right way.

Well? Now do you want to tell me what the fuck is wrong with you and why you decided to go bat-shit on me?

(._.)

Banned
Yep. CombatEX acts stupid and offensive. Deezer is stupid and offensive, you can't compete with that kind of natural talent.

there is something off with deezer though. iirc combatex has apologized for stream cheating and has contributed at least towards the community.

deezer has done neither and continues to act crazy.

Yoshichan

"Just find that fuck up thing that you fuck up on and try not to fuck up on it"
-DesRow
XD

"What the FOOOOACCK is that wall..."
*Maximusblack bursts out of laughing and can't play for the next 2 minutes*

Yoshichan

I'm seriously starting to feel sorry for Jeff... but it's for his own good! I feel that he's gonna meltdown soon though!

The first one was a clerk job and I wouldn't call it shitty because I was selling stuff I was interested in. And I also wouldn't call $3500/m (converted from 24000 SEK) anywhere near shitty - and I couldn't have possibly done anything against the bankruptcy that the company was going through.

And while my second job was nowhere near as fun, it involved knowing how my clients economy was and try to deal with his/her problem the right way.

Well? Now do you want to tell me what the fuck is wrong with you and why you decided to go bat-shit on me?

man, I wish I could be this vague when I am trying to legitimize my profession.

Also, unless you are sending me a DOTA 2 code or are a tall skinny girl, stop sending me PMs because I will probably not even bother reading them.

Yoshichan

man, I wish I could be this vague when I am trying to legitimize my profession.

Also, unless you are sending me a DOTA 2 code or are a tall skinny girl, stop sending me PMs because I will probably not even bother reading them.
Wow, I don't think I've seen someone go from avarage-joe to batshit as fast as you have. Good job on joining my ignore list for your entire life.

Top Bottom