• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
this is the first time ive ever watched off the record

is it always this fun?

this is great!

Generally its a pro vs someone from NA server and the pro has some sort of handicap. They tend to be fun but this was seems extra special compared to others.

All the (SD) VODs should be free if you want to watch the older stuff.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh look, I wake up and get greeted by this:

WjmIK.jpg

It's actually snowing.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! I'm off to get drunk.

Deadman

Changes to matchmaking next season http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/4025749/Upcoming_Changes_to_Match-Making_-06_04_2012#blog

We’ve been closely monitoring the quality of match-making since StarCraft II was released to make sure that the ladder offers the most exciting and finely tuned competitive experience possible. It’s been a great success, and because of the small skill gap between competing players, most games are tightly contested. While it’s awesome that most games are very close, this also means that both players need to constantly be at the top of their games, because the slightest mistake usually means defeat. While we think this is a fun way to play, we’re not sure if it’s fun for every match to be this way.

As a one-season experiment, we will be relaxing the match-making settings slightly in Season 7 to introduce more variety into the ladder. In practical terms, this means you won't always be evenly matched with your opponent. You'll regularly compete with players at slightly higher or lower skill levels, to make the experience more well-rounded. These adjustments to the match-making system will also offer a chance to potentially get promoted more quickly, so stringing together wins versus more skilled opponents could potentially result in faster league promotions.
As always, we will be monitoring the effects of these changes and tweaking the match-making settings to improve upon the match-making system going forward. We’re excited to hear about your experiences and we’re looking forward to your feedback about these changes once Season 7 begins.

See you on the ladder!

zlatko

Banned
I'm against that ladder idea. One of the main reasons I <3 the shit out of SC2 is that if I start losing matches against same ranked opponents that means I need to step up my shit. I'm also fine with a close to 50% win rate when it DOES have me in the right rank, that way I can start making those tweaks bit by bit, before making the necessary improvements to be ready for higher opponents.

Getting shit on by Masters players when I'm not ready for it, is not my idea of fun, or the way I feel I can learn from mistakes well enough.

Just my 2 pennies. I wish more games were like SC2's matchmaking. Fighting games for example could benefit, but sadly the time to find games when trying to get similar rank takes forever.

I'm switching to Windows 7 64 bit and also switching to a new harddrive, can I back up my SC saves or is there compatibility issues? Should I just ctrl + C the Starcraft folder (containing saves not the game) and paste?

zlatko

Banned
So wtf. Does TeamLiquid ever get their teamliquid jersey shirts for sale? Been trying to buy one for 2 months but it's never in stock. :/

I'm switching to Windows 7 64 bit and also switching to a new harddrive, can I back up my SC saves or is there compatibility issues? Should I just ctrl + C the Starcraft folder (containing saves not the game) and paste?

Yup you can do that. And if not, it'll be in your Windows.old file

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
So wtf. Does TeamLiquid ever get their teamliquid jersey shirts for sale? Been trying to buy one for 2 months but it's never in stock. :/
They restock them and sell out within a day. But takes them like months to restock and last like they said it will probably be last time for the Jersey as a new one is coming.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i'm swimming in snow

anyone wanna join :3

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Talked to Artosis, THANKS FOR NOT ASKING ANY QUESTIONS GUYS.

Chill and very happy. Easy to talk to. Agrees with me on EVERYTHING (that I asked him).

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'm so bad at transitioning out of that early ZvT Roach/Baneling rush into Infestor/Hive/Brood Lords. I tend to get the Infestors out at a decent time, right after my Lair in fact. But I constantly find myself looking at the clock and seeing it's the 18-19m mark and I haven't started a Hive or built a Spire.

I want to get 16-17m Brood Lords, especially on big maps like Cloud Kingdom

Yoshichan

Played like 40 games yesterday...

I'm starting to grow armor on my fingers.

Top Bottom