• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
dont want to check this or the IPL thread as i had to bail out after the third game.. is the GSTL finals worth watching? I'd need to buy an account may aswell by yearly but just seeing if its worth it atm or not...

Striek

dont want to check this or the IPL thread as i had to bail out after the third game.. is the GSTL finals worth watching? I'd need to buy an account may aswell by yearly but just seeing if its worth it atm or not...
Nope. Stuff..happened. Vod is on the twitch.tv/ignproleague channel for free though.

Holden

#1 NA gaffer, maybe.

watch_out_we_got_a_badass_over_here_meme_Sad_orange-s769x595-300035-475.png

GM SEA.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What a weird day yesterday was...

ezrarh

According to some guy on TL, the Korean commentator was kinda implying this would be the last pure BW proleague final.

Also - SC2 needs to get high ground advantage.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Missed the Pro League huh? Hopefully Nevake puts them on YT.

Noob advice.

New pc --> high/ultra settings.

I notice when I am moving across the map (mouse at corner of screen) there is what appears to be lots of screen tear but the FPS counter is steady at 53 fps. Whats causing this? My monitor is at 60hz.

ksan

OK
So I dunno if SC2 "killed" my graphics card.
I was laddering and suddenly the screen went black and went to sleep mode, but the sound worked for about 10 seconds and then it just went into this buggy loop state. Had to cold boot it cause it didn't respond.
Then the same thing happened the instant I launched SC2 after the boot, and with CS:GO when I connected to a server.
Ran one pass of memtest and showed no error. Crashed some more times, sometimes when I just watched the IPL stream and even a time just when I got into windows.
Tried disabling onboard sound, didn't help!

What did work though was underclocking the GPU 200 mhz (a 570 GTX normally running at 780 mhz), and then I tried 100 mhz which also worked. However, it stilled crashed after a minute of CS:GO when underclocking it 50 mhz.

So, my graphics card doesn't seem to be running particularly hot either.

UGH, and now it crashed on -100 mhz when running CS:GO and ipl stream in the background. So I'm not sure if underclocking is only prolonging until the crashes happen or if I underclock it enough it will work. Trying -150 mhz for now.

Anyone got any thoughts on the issue? It has worked for like half a year without any problems until today... Never overclocked it or anything... (2500K, 2x4 GB Corsair sticks, Geforce 570 GTX)

SC2 seemed to have killed my old graphics card last year. I had a similar thing happen, although I also had some green bars on the screen. I rebooted and was able to watch videos and play WoW, but nearly every time I tried SC2 it crashed; the temps were never high. I haven't had any problems since I got a new GPU, but I notice if I play too long the mouse cursor messes up a bit.

I remember a story about SC2 killing GPUs due to the menu screen having an unlimited FPS. Have you fixed that issue?
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2010/08/03/starcraft-2-doesn-t-limit-framerates/1

OK
So I dunno if SC2 "killed" my graphics card.
I was laddering and suddenly the screen went black and went to sleep mode, but the sound worked for about 10 seconds and then it just went into this buggy loop state. Had to cold boot it cause it didn't respond.
Then the same thing happened the instant I launched SC2 after the boot, and with CS:GO when I connected to a server.
Ran one pass of memtest and showed no error. Crashed some more times, sometimes when I just watched the IPL stream and even a time just when I got into windows.
Tried disabling onboard sound, didn't help!

What did work though was underclocking the GPU 200 mhz (a 570 GTX normally running at 780 mhz), and then I tried 100 mhz which also worked. However, it stilled crashed after a minute of CS:GO when underclocking it 50 mhz.

So, my graphics card doesn't seem to be running particularly hot either.

UGH, and now it crashed on -100 mhz when running CS:GO and ipl stream in the background. So I'm not sure if underclocking is only prolonging until the crashes happen or if I underclock it enough it will work. Trying -150 mhz for now.

Anyone got any thoughts on the issue? It has worked for like half a year without any problems until today... Never overclocked it or anything... (2500K, 2x4 GB Corsair sticks, Geforce 570 GTX)

I know this sounds dumb but try reseating the card. My card did the same thing a few months ago randomly and that fixed it.

ksan

So now it crashed while being a -150 mhz tt
SC2 seemed to have killed my old graphics card last year. I had a similar thing happen, although I also had some green bars on the screen. I rebooted and was able to watch videos and play WoW, but nearly every time I tried SC2 it crashed; the temps were never high. I haven't had any problems since I got a new GPU, but I notice if I play too long the mouse cursor messes up a bit.

I remember a story about SC2 killing GPUs due to the menu screen having an unlimited FPS. Have you fixed that issue?
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2010/08/03/starcraft-2-doesn-t-limit-framerates/1
I thought that framerate thing wasn't an issue anymore, but definitely changing those variables anyway, thanks :)
I know this sounds dumb but try reseating the card. My card did the same thing a few months ago randomly and that fixed it.

Ye, that sounds like a good thing to try, will definitely try it out tomorrow! Thanks

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Trying avoid spoilers from last night's IPL4 final, since I went to bed right as it was starting. Anyone know where/when I can watch the last BO5 played last night?

Yoshichan

When does the new season start?

Yoshichan

Oh God, please no.

Zzoram

People are saying a Korean team made her an offer.

Prime, StartaleQ, and FXO are the only Korean teams there.

She beat TeriusPrime and just barely lost to FXOz so those teams would probably be interested in her since they had a player get to evaluate her in competition.

Yoshichan

So I got my computer to work...

By switching my GTX 570 to an old 9800 GT :(((
I know the feeling bro ._. once I went from (I think it was) 6800GT to Geforce 3

Yoshichan

Zzoram clearly has no idea what my issue is with Scarlets answer.

Top Bottom