• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh... okay, will you still be able to rank up if you beat the platinum people if you're diamond? If not, what's the point of getting into a match with a lower skilled person :(?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I don't fucking get Metropolis spawn points... if I spawn top left position, can the opponent spawn only in the bottom right position?

edit: whatever, the map sucks ass anyway. It should be called Blink Stalkpolis.

Yoshichan

Oh okay, that makes sense. Thanks. Veto'D anyway.

Yoshichan

I don't abuse maps like you disgusting zerg people do. I like a map that is not confusing and doesn't have three hundred obstacles in my way.

Yoshichan

Hey man, Steppes of War and Blistering Sands = peak of Starcraft 2~

edit: and that was when I was rolling with the disgusting protoss race *spits on myself*

Yoshichan

Oh well I guess it was just a matter of time :(

CIoAa.png

Zen

Banned
New Matchmaking is awesome.

FOR THE SWARM.

turning the tempest into a protoss broodlord is a big deal too.

That seems like another unit that cane be rolled into the deathball, unfortunately. Still more interesting than what it was before.

I'm happy to hear that the Thor might be retained it has become a key unit in TvZ and the Goliath 2.0 probably didn't cut it versus muta balls.

Yoshichan

Maximusblack, top 8 NA masters (placed against GM a couple of times) just did his placement match on EU and lost to a platinum player.

You've got four choices now, SC2 GAF:

1. Maximusblack is terrible
2. Proof that NA is inferior to EU
3. The EU platinum guy was a smurf
4. All of the above

Yoshichan

The correct answer is all of the above btw.

edit: well, we can't confirm #3 but we can confirm everything else.

ksan

or 5. Not drawing any conclusion from a sample size of one game.

:d

edit: or maybe I'm leaning a bit toward 1...

Yoshichan

or 5. Not drawing any conclusion from a sample size of one game.

:d
Top 8 masters should never, ever lose to platinum players. This was no cheese either, it was a straight up macro game with some zergling harassment at the start of the game.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I love playing against failed cheese on ladder.

PvP and dude tried to proxy 2 gate me and got one of his zealots stuck in between the buildings and pylon.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Top 8 masters should never, ever lose to platinum players. This was no cheese either, it was a straight up macro game with some zergling harassment at the start of the game.

maximusblack is not a top 8 master.
he's top 50.
ended last season at 35.

Yoshichan

I love playing against failed cheese on ladder.

PvP and dude tried to proxy 2 gate me and got one of his zealots stuck in between the buildings and pylon.
:( You should've killed the pylon with your probes. A present from you :3

Yoshichan

maximusblack is not a top 8 master.
he's top 50.
ended last season at 35.
He ended at 35 last season because he didn't play as much as he usually does near the end of the lock (vacation). He's always battling himself through top 8 masters and he's winning most of them. Getting to play GMs once or twice per day says a lot too.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
He ended at 35 last season because he didn't play as much as he usually does near the end of the lock (vacation). He's always battling himself through top 8 masters and he's winning most of them. Getting to play GMs once or twice per day says a lot too.
bronze top 8, blizzards promotion system is broken!
dude im in silver league, but i play at gold level.
gold 1v1 atm, but im a plat level player.
im diamond league but i got cheesed into plat this season...
top 8 dia is basically masters, right? right?
i'd be top masters if i only played more...

every single person in every single league has said what you just said, and they're all wrong.

Yoshichan

bronze top 8, blizzards promotion system is broken!
dude im in silver league, but i play at gold level.
gold 1v1 atm, but im a plat level player.
im diamond league but i got cheesed into plat this season...
I know what you're trying to say but in this case it doesn't fit Maximusblack. He's been in top 8 MULTIPLE times (as in 10+ times), back and forth - and when he's dropped below top 8, it's because he hasn't been playing. He's been sent against GMs (and lost, of course).

edit: also you missed one. "I won 5 placement matches and got into masters, if I play more I'll get to GM but I can't be arsed"

Yoshichan

This must be the case, yes.

edit: oh and EU ladder > NA ladder, I forgot to mention that too.

Yoshichan

Yoshichan

Oh, now I get it! SEA is a payment service that allows you to get to GM without any effort :3

Spl1nter

Funny story.

Last week I beat a masters player who lost a bunch of games right after season lock in order to beat silver-gold league players to get portraits.

He raged at the end of the game for me executing master league strats but being a silver level player. Didnt gg after the game so gg him after the game. Saw that he was masters and told him he was a shit human being for deranking and ruining other peoples experience just for a portrait. He was pretty pissed off but what made it so much better is that I was smurfing.

Oh ya, people hate random players on ladder its great, so much rage.

Yoshichan

Spl1nter, you should totally do like me: print screen rage messages and post them on GAF :3

jasonng

lOAXv.png

Obligatory Gaf Night post. Nothing to write today. I'm practicing on Star Strikers for tonight.

The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<1v1 obs>
<1v1 coaching>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<FFA>
<Team Monobattles>
<Custom Maps>
<Nuclear Arcade>
<Phantom Mode>
<Marrow's Micro Tournament>

Streams
-Corran's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666 (Main Stream)
-Hazard's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vggaming
-Vaultrin's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vaultrin21

Mumble Info Dump
Main server: IP = chi.eoreality.net and port = 64739
Backup server: IP = 67.23.187.114 and port = 20198
Download Here: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

Spl1nter

Spl1nter, you should totally do like me: print screen rage messages and post them on GAF :3

i havent been saving them except for one or two. Funny one today was pvz on metro were I put down extra cannons because I scout pressure so he gets pissed of at me in game. I win the game with proxy pylon and warping in sentry stalker and running into his main and ff the ramp. After the game I message him gg, he replies no it wasnt and than quits the game.

The best is people raging about race imbalance to me since I play random.

Yoshichan

I always do it too, if you're too mad to say gg i'm gonna do anything I possibly can to make you madder, maybe I'm a bad person..
Yeah you're a bad person. GG'ing after the game is 10000x more bm than actual bm in-game.

Yoshichan

He might've just had a bad day (and normally ggs out of games), you're just making it worse :3

Yoshichan

Yeah, you're right to be fair but oh well, I usually only do it when they cheese me and I win and they don't gg :)
If they cheese me then they deserve offensive ggs. You're doing right.
Whats wrong with that?
Here's the difference between a good man (me) and a bad man (you).

If someone hits me irl, I won't hit them back. You are a person that would hit back. You and I are not the same and thank God for that.

Spl1nter

Here's the difference between a good man (me) and a bad man (you).

If someone hits me irl, I won't hit them back. You are a person that would hit back. You and I are not the same and thank God for that.

Actually the difference there is someone's bitch (you) and not someone's bitch (me)

Your analogy is horrible

Yoshichan

I don't understand what you're trying to say. You're calling yourself my bitch? PM me, I need details on how much you cost.
Your analogy is horrible
And you're a bm scrub. You're probably bm irl too.

Top Bottom