• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
eh next game I 7 pool'ed a protoss and basically won the game. Went to 4 bases, made like 100 banelings and rolled into his base. That was fun

So noob he can't even finish his all-ins. Tsk tsk.

Faced some bullshit today in my placement, earlier today. ZvT on Antiga: I decided to go with a big Roach/Baneling bust to end it quick. I did everything perfect, got about 10-12 Roaches out with 10 banelings, charged into his three bunker wall...killed everything...started owning his Marines with my Roaches, no tanks in sight...

Then all of a sudden I get the game over screen saying I have lost the game. Luckily I got placed into diamond regardless but WTF, that had to be a drop hack. I didn't push any buttons that could have possibly surrendered the game, I didn't leave early, I was fucking dropped. No internet problems either.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Drophacks...

Hmmmmm...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yeah I know :( It's just tempting for some reason...

It's fine though, I'll never cheat. Ever.

Zzoram

http://www.twitch.tv/ignproleague2/b/314171966?t=52m35s

VOD of Scarlett vs Oz casted by HD solo, later joined by Doa, during IPL4

Scarlett said:
my favourite moment from ipl4 was probably when i won game 1 vs OZ and i got thumbs up from MKP/Leenock/NesTea ^^

She's really good. A bit inexperienced against Korean strategy due to only practicing on NA ladder, but mechanically very strong. A good team to coach her on high level strategy should make her into a real contender at MLG. She generally has good decision making and does lots of little things better than most foreigners.

Zzoram

Naniwa is really likely going to make it to Code S Ro16.

He faces Puzzle in PvP, which can go either way.
He faces Ryung who is bad TvP while Naniwa is strong PvT.
He faces MVP who's injured and hasn't practiced for months and basically doesn't play anymore.

Holden

Naniwa is really likely going to make it to Code S Ro16.

He faces Puzzle in PvP, which can go either way.
He faces Ryung who is bad TvP while Naniwa is strong PvT.
He faces MVP who's injured and hasn't practiced for months and basically doesn't play anymore.

http://twitter.com/#!/TeamIM_/status/189364038562611200

MVP has been resting for quite some time.He is preparing to make a comeback so please cheer for him.He will show you an exciting game filled

Zen

Banned
As much as phrases like this are silly and nonsensical, I feel like they've added a strong quotient of 'fun' to the laddering process. There are games that are crazy tense and then you get fun relaxing games as well. There's a lot more surprises coming my way with the greater variability of players.

Liking it a lot.

Striek

I'm 99% sure if I was bothered to I could find quotes from Idra about how he doesn't take ladder seriously for practice purposes, and many more from other pros, so ultimately its meaningless.

Besides, Blizzard had to increase the possible scope of matches simply because the userbase is shrinking.

Nohar

True enough I guess, though some people will come back thanks to Heart of Swarm (though it will kill the userbase of Vanilla-Starcraft II).

Still no date I guess for HoS ? Come on Blizzard, just reveal the lurker already, the shadow isn't enough for me.

Q8D3vil

True enough I guess, though some people will come back thanks to Heart of Swarm (though it will kill the userbase of Vanilla-Starcraft II).

Still no date I guess for HoS ? Come on Blizzard, just reveal the lurker already, the shadow isn't enough for me.

they announced hots units.
no lurker though, units would be op as fuck if they decided to put it.

Yoshichan

or a building that literally no unit can run by without dieing
The shredder is nowhere near as OP as burrowed banelings though :/

Yoshichan

This is huge... taking away the replicant was an obvious choice, but the shredder? Really now...

So much for being "safe" as terran when heading out with their army, identical to how zerg and especially protoss can feel safe when moving out.

zlatko

Banned
This is huge... taking away the replicant was an obvious choice, but the shredder? Really now...

So much for being "safe" as terran when heading out with their army, identical to how zerg and especially protoss can feel safe when moving out.

Nooo not the replicant! :(

I abandon Protoss switch for now for HOTS. Staying Zergy.

Yoshichan

We are also experimenting with an extremely long-ranged terran missile launcher that can be used to break siege tank lines to make terran-vs.-terran factory-based games more dynamic.
If we keep the Thor, we are currently experimenting with an anti-air spider mine
We will be taking a look at the overseer to see what we can do to make his abilities more interesting.
-

Deadman

Im very happy that they have put the overseer back in. Detection would have become really stupid with the viper "eye" ability. The nydus worm changes could end up being cool.

Protoss broodlord does sound interesting.

Yoshichan

So for now, terran's got the shitty Hellion transformer in HotS.

David Kim, you're a great person.

Zzoram

Getting rid of the shredder and the replicant were the best things they could do. Both were god damn retarded.

Yep.

Sounds like they want a Broodlord-type siege unit for both Terran and Protoss. I disagree, that reduces the uniqueness of each race.

I think they should just fix the Carrier. Make the Interceptor speed upgrade default and give it a NEW upgrade, maybe some kind of regenerating Hull when not in combat so you can recycle them better with micro.

Yoshichan

I think they should just fix the Carrier. Make the Interceptor speed upgrade default and give it a NEW upgrade, maybe some kind of regenerating Hull when not in combat so you can recycle them better with micro.
Even with all the mentioned buffs, they still wouldn't be able to touch 40+ mutalisks... the Tempest however, is supposed to rip the mutas open with just a few shots.

Striek

How does the tempest sound different than the carrier? Just buff the fucking carrier.

Also, protoss gets shit all units that are going to change gameplay in HoTS. Fucking bullshit. Not one new ground fighting unit, fuck you blizzard.

Also the most OP "new" unit in HoTS will be the battle hellion. Hellions are already ridiculous against a lot of shit, then you buff them against everything else? Trolololo blizz. Zerg is the race that gets all the new cool shit though.

Zzoram

Even with all the mentioned buffs, they still wouldn't be able to touch 40+ mutalisks... the Tempest however, is supposed to rip the mutas open with just a few shots.

Psionic Storm + Archons already handles Mutalisks ok in PvZ, which is why Mutalisks aren't as common now. Phoenix with range also works. There is no need for a strictly anti-Mutalisk unit. All it does is make Zerg not build Mutalisks, so you don't build the Tempest, and then we end up with less unit variety.

Yoshichan

if only protoss had archons, storms, stalkers or phoenix.
It's statistically proven that protoss players don't know their own units until they're in GM so...

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
its difficult to give protoss new ground units when protoss ground upgrades are unified.

new factory units encourages more time and money spent on the armoury, new protoss air would ideally give you an excuse to spin up your cybercore past the 8minute mark.

with zerg, the swarm host and upgraded hydras split attention between range and melee as now it is atleast somewhat conceivable to build lategame hydras.

for a new protoss ground unit, they'd pretty much have to reaver or dark archon it. either a pure caster or a unit that needs multiple unique upgrades to function and crippling units with necessary upgrades is kind of the zerg thing in sc2.

Zzoram

Speed Hydras will be beautiful raiders. Just have ~10 of them shoot in and out of Protoss expansions sniping buildings.

I'm still unconvinced by that flying sentry thing that disables mineral patches. What else does it do again? It seems pretty lame to make it just for that.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Speed Hydras will be beautiful raiders. Just have ~10 of them shoot in and out of Protoss expansions sniping buildings.

I'm still unconvinced by that flying sentry thing that disables mineral patches. What else does it do again? It seems pretty lame to make it just for that.
gives you vision of a structure and disables a structure.

in the case of zerg, a disabled roach warren/pool means you cant build roaches or lings.

Yoshichan

The armory should be removed. When I ugprade my marines, my siegetanks and hellions should be upgraded too.

Zzoram

The whole "Terran long range weapon to move siege lines", did they forget nukes exist and already do that?

If they make it into a siege cannon, all that will happen is Terrans will build those instead of siege tanks and there will be even MORE gridlock in TvT. Blizzard is so dumb sometimes.

As for anti-air spider mines, um, that's terrible. Why even have Turrets anymore? The Thor anti-air plus marines already keep Mutalisks under control just fine.

Top Bottom