• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Grats to yet another shitty avatar D3vil :)

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
That explains my lag...
1645637308.png

Trickster

Having a fucking blast laddering today even though my throat is hurting like hell and I actually can't speak, like litterally. Starting to beat diamond players and people are raging at me because I'm protoss, good times.

One guy, a zerg who goes for roach/hydra after scouting double robo says tells me i probably have 2 apm like MC, the protoss.

Another guy, a terran who all ins me with a small MMM ball + all his workers tells me i probably have in a post game chat that I'll probably be GM soon with those 5 apm of mine, all I have to do after all is expand and go afk.

The fact that people rage so much over my race just makes me love it even more, so fun to rub it in when people are being sore losers.

Keikaku

Having a fucking blast laddering today even though my throat is hurting like hell and I actually can't speak, like litterally. Starting to beat diamond players and people are raging at me because I'm protoss, good times.

One guy, a zerg who goes for roach/hydra after scouting double robo says tells me i probably have 2 apm like MC, the protoss.

Another guy, a terran who all ins me with a small MMM ball + all my workers tells me i probably have in a post game chat that I'll probably be GM soon with those 5 apm of mine, all I have to do after all is expand and go afk.

The fact that people rage so much over my race just makes me love it even more, so fun to rub it in when people are being sore losers.

I just had a Zerg call me a "dumb cunt" and a "n****r". All I'd done was place a pylon to block his natural. I wasn't cannon rushing or anything. I laughed and took my free win.

Pollux

I just had a Zerg call me a "dumb cunt" and a "n****r". All I'd done was place a pylon to block his natural. I wasn't cannon rushing or anything. I laughed and took my free win.
People are stupid.

I just won my first game. Woot. You were right, Macro Macro Macro. He kept coming at me but by the end I had something like 8-10 barracks and 4 factories churning out marines, marauders, and hellions. good times.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I really should start lad...ooh Skyrim...

Keikaku

I just won my first game. Woot. You were right, Macro Macro Macro. He kept coming at me but by the end I had something like 8-10 barracks and 4 factories churning out marines, marauders, and hellions. good times.

I got your in game PM. Congratulations! Sorry I didn't respond, but I was playing a couple of games.

With 8-10 barracks and 4 factories, I hope you were on 3 bases, right? As Terran at max efficiency, remember that each base can support roughly 3.5 production facilities.

Zen

Banned
We still need solid Terran players, homeslice. Awesome is already switching to Zerg and we're putting too much pressure on WedgeX.

Now that school is over I can spend more time working on my Terran. I'm going to make it a goal to reach masters by the end of the next season.

Pollux

I got your in game PM. Congratulations! Sorry I didn't respond, but I was playing a couple of games.

With 8-10 barracks and 4 factories, I hope you were on 3 bases, right? As Terran at max efficiency, remember that each base can support roughly 3.5 production facilities.

was building the 3rd when I won. I watched the replay and realized I should have done it MUCH earlier.

I didn't know if you got it or not since I signed off and went to bed right as I sent the message

MrKnives

New day, new drama.

From what I understood
both naniwa and nestea were 0-3 and had to play a game which wouldn't change anything. So Naniwa just probe rushed and quits.
so now people are mad at him for not being a professional. Don't really know if it's a big deal but Internet is exploding again :eek:

Someone enlighten me more if I missed something. I just came home from work so I didn't watch the games and haven't had time to read all that much yet.

Nestea vs Naniwa Korean Twitterstorm

Q8D3vil

New day, new drama.

From what I understood
both naniwa and nestea were 0-3 and had to play a game which wouldn't change anything. So Naniwa just probe rushed and quits.
so now people are mad at him for not being a professional. Don't really know if it's a big deal but Internet is exploding again :eek:

Someone enlighten me more if I missed something. I just came home from work so I didn't watch the games and haven't had time to read all that much yet.

damn gom site for being down :(

can't wait till quantic sell his contract to some shitty low level team.

Dooraven

New day, new drama.

From what I understood

Basically the Forigen players are defending naniwa while koreans seem mad.

Q8D3vil

Basically the Forigen players are defending naniwa while koreans seem mad.
u mean naniwa fanboys are defending him ?
i don't defend shithead like him.
i pay good money and i want to watch games (even if it was cheese or all in game) at least players should try for a reason.
in this situation it was worse because there was already a kind of drama between him and nestea so they should have played with everything they got to please their fans (nestea said that he planed to play his best).

even mc yesterday tried to win against drg even though he didn't need to but he didn't throw the game.

Dooraven

u mean naniwa fanboys are defending him ?
i don't defend shithead like him.
i pay good money and i want to watch games (even if it was cheese or all in game) at least players should try for a reason.
in this situation it was worse because there was already a kind of drama between him and nestea so they should have played with everything they got to please their fans (nestea said that he planed to play his best).

even mc yesterday tried to win against drg even though he didn't need to but he didn't throw the game.

I wouldn't call Idra, Tyler and Morrow "Naniwa fanboys" in any sense of the word.

hamchan

So basically Naniwa should've
just cannon rushed or proxy two-gated instead?
Or 4-gated ya. At least that way we wouldn't have all these overreactions and whiners.

Also there should have been a reason for Naniwa play, but there wasn't and that fault lies on GOM for their format and prize money. He did nothing wrong by not wanting to play a meaningless game. That should be his choice to play and no one else's. People should be angry with GOM instead of him.

Also lol @ Nestea saying he would have played his hardest after he threw the Blizzcon final, can't trust a word he says. At least Naniwa didn't waste 30 minutes of my life like Nestea did that time.

Spl1nter

<3 Come play with us. We're still in preparation for our war against EU. We will slaughter the fuck out of them.

I was joking but it looks like Blizzard is actually trying to force me not to play. Trying to dl the game through their manager and it gets authorization errors after 4 hours. What a piece of fucking crap software. The shitty software even uses p2p, just going to torrent the game that I own.

Sliver

I don't see the big deal..it was a meaningless game and putting effort into it would gain nothing for either player. If anything it's Goms fault. Koreans are such whiners, read some article where they said he shouldn't be called a pro-gamer because of this.

Mairu

I don't see the big deal..it was a meaningless game and putting effort into it would gain nothing for either player. If anything it's Goms fault. Koreans are such whiners, read some article where they said he shouldn't be called a pro-gamer because of this.

Gom deserves the blame

I don't even know why they bothered to play it considering it literally meant absolutely nothing. They've skipped games before in the up/down matches when the results were inconsequential. If they wanted all the matches to be played with meaning they should've added a minor prize structure to every position in group play

WedgeX

Banned
I was joking but it looks like Blizzard is actually trying to force me not to play. Trying to dl the game through their manager and it gets authorization errors after 4 hours. What a piece of fucking crap software. The shitty software even uses p2p, just going to torrent the game that I own.

That happened to me, and there was a really simple fix for it through google (and dizzy may have recommended the answer) but for the life of me I cannot recall what it was.

Venfayth

You can disable P2P in the blizzard downloader - which enables direct downloading (and is oftentimes faster than P2P)

Gom deserves the blame

I don't even know why they bothered to play it considering it literally meant absolutely nothing. They've skipped games before in the up/down matches when the results were inconsequential. If they wanted all the matches to be played with meaning they should've added a minor prize structure to every position in group play

Yeah, it's pretty dumb. Idra said it well: dont have meaningless matches if you want players to take them seriously.

It'd be pretty humiliating to have a showmatch between two players who've just been eliminated from a tournament, with literally no gain whatsoever. Hell, it's almost disrespectful. Remember that fuss about Koreans not wanting to give autographs after they lose? Make them play a showmatch against another loser instead!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hear something new everyday! Idra = Naniwa

I guess it doesn't matter, but Naniwa still shouldn't be purposefully tanking games. I'm sure the Koreans view it as dishonorable. I kind of do too, but since I didn't pay for GOMTV, I don't care.

Top Bottom