• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I don't think it is 'vs.', just why not as big, and how to get it there.

oh thats easy.
when MLG looked at SF4 as a potential game, SRK freaked out that they didn't want to go corpporate with a 'shit' event like MLG.

When MLG looked at sc2 as a potential game, they doubled their income.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Not all that surprising really, they're a much bigger draw than any player. Also having them cast an event brings in more viewers, which is only a good thing for the scene.

They're bigger superstars than any of the players lol.

It's kind of a shame, really. I hope that we'll have more competition in the casting scene soon, so that these numbers can come down a bit. Or maybe this is a reason why we'll see more charismatic pro players take up casting as opposed to playing (agreeing with Huk, disagreeing with Slasher here).

I've always been weirded out a bit by the cult of Day9. He over-acts, drowns out co-casters and is at best a play-by-play caster. But his self-promotion has won him lots of followers.

Pollux

Alright after winning three in a row and feeling good, I just got obliterated 4 games in a row. I'm done for the night.

I call bullshit on it wherever it was.

Well, if Day9 got 20k for casting Dreamhack, it's not outrageous to think Tastosis got more for casting MLG than its winner got for playing. What did Leenock win again? 50k?

(During the regular season, MLG events have a 1st place prize of only 5k anyways. So during the season, casters are definitely likely to be paid more than players.)

I think it's a sorry state of affairs, personally.

Sliver

Getting mad douche vibes from Artosis tonight. Must be salty that everyone knows he makes way more money than he should.

Q8D3vil

Getting mad douche vibes from Artosis tonight. Must be salty that everyone knows he makes way more money than he should.
everyone knew casters been making tons of money.
i rather artosis make that kind of money while casting tournaments all over the world instead of husky getting his money through youtube.

im glad he is making shitton right now because we don't know what will happen to esport in the future.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Oh god, these fucking callers omg.

I can't stop laughing.

(._.)

Banned
MLkev.jpg

hamchan

Some people dont talk money they make. I dont with friends...but im not famous...yet
I think it was kinda rude of djwheat to reveal what they've been paid.

Anyways I think these popular casters deserve the money they're getting paid, especially Tastosis. This two are definitely a strong factor for me in whether I want to watch something.

Anyways I think these popular casters deserve the money they're getting paid, especially Tastosis. This two are definitely a strong factor for me in whether I want to watch something.

When did this happen? link, or tell me the figures

Jesus crhist at that list of streaming players. Huk, Puma, Idra, Destiny, Hero, Jinro, Guineapig, Keen, Tails, JJakji, ForGG, July, Virus and revival.

Oh and then there is SOTG and IPL on as well. This is why i never end up laddering lol.

There is no kinda about it. It's extremely rude saying that sort of private information to a public audience unless artosis let him.

Also i'm not sure why people are saying they don't deserve the money. Tastosis bring in more viewers than any one player and as unfortunate as this may sound there are plenty of good players going around but only a handful of casters.

Trying to get quality high profile casters is much harder than getting high profile players and their pays are probably going to reflect this.

Top Bottom