• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait isn't Idra the dude that used to absolutely rage about everything and was an incredibly sore loser?
Yep, he was ragy but a very good player (he's even better right now).

a176

Banned
Gom deserves the blame

I don't even know why they bothered to play it considering it literally meant absolutely nothing. They've skipped games before in the up/down matches when the results were inconsequential. If they wanted all the matches to be played with meaning they should've added a minor prize structure to every position in group play

I didn't watch it. Did they already vs each other? Because if they didn't, I guarantee people would bitch that GOM didn't show such a hyped match.

regardless, overreaction by koreans, but pretty dumb of nani to just throw in the towel like that

Deadman

I blame blizzard. If they wanted people to try in every game they would have fitted a cash dispenser in every pc that gives you a dollar every time you win. Lazy devs.

Mairu

Yep, he was ragy but a very good player (he's even better right now).

Idra has actually done the same kind of shit that Naniwa did last night except Naniwa just made it more obvious
I didn't watch it. Did they already vs each other? Because if they didn't, I guarantee people would bitch that GOM didn't show such a hyped match.

regardless, overreaction by koreans, but pretty dumb of nani to just throw in the towel like that
They should've attached meaning to the match if they wanted players to take it seriously. People even complain about players not playing their best in the AOL tournaments which actually had money to winning.
TLO and whitera are doing another bo5 with each of them streaming it http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/Liquid`TLO http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/White-Ra

Although as there is no money on the line i imagine it will just be 5 probe rushes in a row.
Considering TLO actually has little chance of winning anything and he's more of an entertainer it's obviously to his benefit to keep playing

not to mention the ad revenue!

How Naniwa did what he did was kind of stupid, but the outrage & drama is worse. In any interview with him he clearly states how everything other than winning 1st is a loss, how do you expect a player like that to play when there's literally nothing at stake? ;|

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Idra has actually done the same kind of shit that Naniwa did last night except Naniwa just made it more obvious
Of course, but there's one difference! Naniwa was never a good player :p

Deadman

Wolf is on f slasher talking about naniwa. He says if he was in charge he would only suspend naniwa for 1 season but that he expects gom to do more, perhaps up to a 6 month ban. Doesnt seem to be based on inside information, just his read of everyones feelings.

ksan

Wolf is on f slasher talking about naniwa. He says if he was in charge he would only suspend naniwa for 1 season but that he expects gom to do more, perhaps up to a 6 month ban. Doesnt seem to be based on inside information, just his read of everyones feelings.

Lol populism, respect--

But what the fuck, did the stream go down? :(
edit: nvm, was just something wrong with the twitchtv player for a brief moment

Dooraven

Idra would beat Naniwa right now though :p

Idra's err lackluster ZvP vs Nani's respectable PvZ ehhh. His PvZ seemed solid while Idra is still stuck on Roach Hydra Corrupter stuff, though we haven't seen idra in korea though. I dunno really would depend on maps and how well idra has improved.

Dooraven

naniwa3.png

Yoshichan

Oh my God :lol That's hilarious (7 probes in that pic though, should be 6!)

ksan

Idra's err lackluster ZvP vs Nani's respectable PvZ ehhh. His PvZ seemed solid while Idra is still stuck on Roach Hydra Corrupter stuff, though we haven't seen idra in korea though. I dunno really would depend on maps and how well idra has improved.

When Idra is doing his normal ZvP he has a lower chance of winning than naniwa's probe rush.
roach/hydra/corruptor is that awful.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Oh boy, back to the drama part of the cycle eh.

I don't blame Naniwa for what he did. GOM shouldn't make players play matches that don't mean anything.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hey guys could you link me a replay of a match commentated by Artosis?

(Not a SCII player here)

Yup im into all the #esports Vs FGC thing so i want to learn about how they commentate matches.

Yoshichan

Hey guys could you link me a replay of a match commentated by Artosis?

(Not a SCII player here)

Yup im into all the #esports Vs FGC thing so i want to learn about how they commentate matches.
Did not expect to see you in here Fersis :D

Highlights!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7euVVJLgws

(Tasteless even mentions Street Fighter in this one!)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Thank you guys! <3

Im watching !@#$ Slasher right now.

zlatko

Banned
I don't get the whole esports vs FGC or w/e. I guess the FGC is the one who wants to vs anything, because it's not like the SC2 scene didn't have similar roots and isn't filled with a lot of the same kinds of people.

There seems to be sort of stupid stigma about what the SC2 scene is like as if it was filled with super serious professionals covered in a cloud of smug or some weird shit. SC2 scene is gamers. FGC is gamers. Nerds saying nerdy stuff, and making silly jokes, as well as doing some solid analysis.

The reason Tasteless and Artosis get brought up is because their commentary and chemistry together is unmatched. If Mike Ross and Gootecks did game commentary and it was as refined as Tastosis is now, then the FGC would have 1:1 ratio in terms of that god like commentary example.

If Mike and Ryan wanted to DO that, and get on that level, then all they need is practice, and they could naturally do that I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8aO7oUkJmg

^
Best example of why I love them, and how they clearly aren't some kind of mega serious guys when they commentate.

Fersis

Been watching those vids.
Hot damn' at the production values! :0

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

i wouldnt call naniwas pvz respectable. he leans too heavily on unsafe macro in the hopes his opponent is unfamiliar with his build of the day. we saw what happens when they are familiar with it in naniwa vs leenock.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
#esports vs FGC what?

Why would there be a VS?
Why would the FGC even attempt to compare themselves with starcraft?

you might aswell have starcraft vs competitive magic the gathering, except magic the gathering is still probably bigger than the FGC.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I don't get the whole esports vs FGC or w/e. I guess the FGC is the one who wants to vs anything, because it's not like the SC2 scene didn't have similar roots and isn't filled with a lot of the same kinds of people.
I don't think it is 'vs.', just why not as big, and how to get it there.
Been watching those vids.
Hot damn' at the production values! :0
A lot of it comes from what Korea has done since 2000 for StarCraft.
See: 2010 OSL Korean Air Finals intro. One of the more ridiculous ones.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ4hZPLXIng Watch it all if you can. (5 mins)
Then the post match roundup (first minute) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzltZoqkw1E

And a big part of why a lot of people got into foreign BW (when there wasn't as much english commentary) besides the skill and wonderful game BW is, were the korean commentators. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYJNYSCqQfI&feature=player_detailpage#t=660s

Top Bottom