• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
It pains me that the first games we will see from Flash and sorts are casted by Moletrap & Torch. I doubt they are any good yet so the games probably won't be all that amazing first but still, I feel they deserve more.
Watch the Korean stream. That's what I do for Code A.
Better obs, better player cuts, better emotion, more passion.

So does anyone know where zzoram is? I haven't been able to play my match, I PM'd him yesterday etc. Tomorrow is a holiday, who knows how much time I'll have then

Moletrap knows BW and was a member of that community, he's not a bad choice for OGN. I'd imagine Torch will not be casting SC2 definitively - as with GOM he'll move behind the scenes eventually. I think Moletrap will be decent if paired with a solid analysis commentator like Artosis, Mr Bitter (ie the best), etc

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
The funny part, he's actually a pretty decent LoL caster.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
How is LoL as a spectator esport? I've heard the games can be rather long and somewhat repetitive. Also are there defacto best players/teams?

It's terrible. Games are dull, and the metagame has been the same for like a year now.

Deadly

How is LoL as a spectator esport? I've heard the games can be rather long and somewhat repetitive. Also are there defacto best players/teams?
From what I've read the lack of denying and the huge tower damage makes the game pretty boring in the early game. No idea about the best teams though.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

How is it not? Watching a team coordinate big plays and seeing their opponents try to react to it, it's like a chess game. Games go from 20-40 minutes and involve a great deal of back and forth in lanes.

People consider TSM to be the best team though they have been getting beat bad recently.

Pancakes

I've tried watching LoL and it is just boring to me.

Starcraft and Quake are my two favorite games to spectate.

Never tried watching quake before. I've seen totalbsicuit play tribes ascend and that looks fun.

(._.)

Banned
^ she pwidy

I feel like I take this dumb game too seriously. Just placed Plat on my alt account. I'm losing to dumb shit though on my main making dumb mistakes in gold league games ~_~ ._.

you need the right positive mindset to train in this game or else you will go on a lose streak b/c you aren't focusing.

My play fluctuates too much b/c of that...

anybody ever deal with this problem? anybody have any advice?

Pancakes

Don't go right into another game after you lose. Take a 15-20 minute break and then queue up again.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Corran how many parts of Legend of Dragoon until FFVII :3?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
New UI huh? What does everyone think?

ern33.jpg

Tdcy8.jpg

P0ldK.jpg

nKef9.jpg

8S1qg.jpg

a6VsJ.jpg

7s0po.jpg

Twcyp.jpg

Holden

talked about it earlier in mumble

there is a patch log, mainly for Galaxy Editor, which the map makers seem to like alot

And apparently you can add a tutorial button that makes you download a tutorial map before you play the actual game. kinda nice

Holden

Just played some dude who went pure marine + tanks in pvt

i thought he was plat, and he was master. :[ makes no sense

edit : oh god TLO shaved, looks like a different man

edit 2 : played a zerg on daybreak, he built 2 hatches by 4 minutes, see's me take my 3rd at 6 minutes -> insta leave (LOL)

Zzoram

PhoenixDark I'm online now but I can't be on for long so if you're available please log on and let's hammer out these games.

Yoshichan

Desrow is a good protoss though and he practices 5-7 hours per day... that's a lot.

ksan

hi again :x
and regardless of his current results, flash's play is a joy to watch. I get the same feeling as watching Stephano play, they both macro in the way in the way I expect great players of their respective races to play.
Then again, I'm not a terran player so I don't know if someone who has a better understanding of the race disagress :3

Yoshichan

I seem to remember you saying that they would need to create a new league just for him :p

I know you were joking, I'm just having fun
:D They will have to give him a new league though... once he's all warmed up though!

Yoshichan

Moving goalposts.
Nah we already know that Flash isn't auto-destroying everything because SC2 is too easy. It's hard to adapt once you've gotten through the hard times, y'know what I'm sayin'?!

Jeff-DSA

So...like, is there any way for Terran to win a macro game in TvZ or TvP these days? If I don't win quickly, it's hopeless it seems.

Keikaku

So...like, is there any way for Terran to win a macro game in TvZ or TvP these days? If I don't win quickly, it's hopeless it seems.
TvP late game is really hard to win. You have to make sure that you keep dropping, picking off pylons powering gateways and/or tech structures. Otherwise, you have to catch them when they're switching tech (Colossus to Templar, for example) If you let them get a deathball without trading armies efficiently, you're pretty screwed.

TvZ is has been OK for me since I started going Mech. Tanks, Blue Flame Helloins, Thors and Vikings will clear everything. Add some Ghosts in there for Nuke and EMPs and you're golden.

Has anyone tried mech or sky terran? I don't know how terrans expect to win late game with tier one units.
I got Mech in TvT and, lately, in TvZ. With good positioning and map/minimap awareness, it's awesome. Haven't tried it in TvP because it seems like a stupid idea.

Yoshichan

That gif reminds me of when SotG was good :(

Keikaku

in tvp just quit if u didn't end it in 20 minutes to avoid raging.
I don't quit out of games. At my level, with proper macro I should be able to win every game I play.

The problem isn't with the matchup, it's with the players. Quitting doesn't make sense.

Top Bottom