• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Snowman

I really like the Real Talk thing, JP handles all that stuff really well, hopefully there'll be some lesser known players on there soon though, I think that'd be even more interesting.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I really like the Real Talk thing, JP handles all that stuff really well, hopefully there'll be some lesser known players on there soon though, I think that'd be even more interesting.

Yep its pretty decent. You dont often hear that much personal history of players.

Snowman

Just watching live on three too, love day9s response, if you wanna call it fluff then go ahead, but then I don't think you know what fluff is, in fact scoots goes off on 2gd so that was pretty cool.
Maybe day9 just like jedi mind tricked me into thinking he does loads of work again though and actually he's a lazy fuck who just does a 1 hour show talking about a game and that's it.

I'd be a workaholic too if I sat around complimenting people for the slightest shit they do.

"Notice how he enters data with one hand, conserving his left hand's energy for when it's most needed - typing sentences. And oh look, he just re-adjusted his seat. If you want to do your office job effectively, you have to be as comfortable as possible. I like how he slowly reached down to do it, instead of making a quick motion that could result in injury or breaking the chair. These are the types of things the pros do so well!"

Snowman

I just think Day9s a really awesome dude. Even Idra said, as he was saying there's some things he doesn't like about day9, that he still thinks he's a great guy who's done a lot for e-sports.
His positive, optimistic attitude is infectious and I don't think it'd hurt to have more people like him in the community/in general.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Cute voice ♥

Striek

I don't hate Day9 but ever since he lied about having 3 GM accounts at once (for each race...lol) I have no respect for him.

Striek

How did he lie? I remember the entire thing and I don't recall any lies?

Because its blatantly not true yet he "confirmed" it on SOTG. I remember watching that episode live when he was asked about it and thinking "oh he'll debunk it" and...nope.

Zen

Banned
Because its blatantly not true yet he "confirmed" it on SOTG. I remember watching that episode live when he was asked about it and thinking "oh he'll debunk it" and...nope.

Proof that it's not true?

What he said was that yes he has been Grand master with all three races at one point in time. However, people should not consider him as a Grand master with all three races because he doesn't play at that level any more. Where's the problem? If I recall, the origin of the claim was when a fan asked him what the highest ranking he has gotten with StarCraft II, not to mention that this would have been during the relative infancy of SCII where mechanics counted a lot more.

When people feel frustrated that Day[9] is hyper secretive about his own play, this is a guy that was extremely hard on himself and stressed over SC/BW. He destroyed his whole room once over a lost game. He still loves the game and is contributing to the community tirelessly, but he isn't a player anymore in the sense of showing that side of himself to the community.

Yeah he makes money from it, but do a lot of people, and the fans were the ones that wanted him to keep the show in his bedroom as oppose to creating a more professional set (what he was originally planning on doing). If I was Day[9], the defacto face of northern Starcraft analysis, I would be pretty guarded about my own play as well, lest some pro gamers with chips on their shoulders go after me for bruising their ego (despite the fact that Day[9] seems pretty consistently upbeat in his casting and daily) via debasing me through calling out mistakes I made in a game.

Being good at analysis and being a good player, as many pro-gamers have commented here and there, aren't necessarily mutual traits. Who gives a flying fuck that Day[9] sometimes makes mistakes in his casts like every other human or isn't currently #1 GM, he's a genuine guy that gives to the community like few others. People seem to forget that Day[9] use to be considered a very promising foreigner, it's not like this was some no name guy that has faked his way to riches through pretending to know how to play the game.

Striek

I knew you would ask for proof, but when someone says something blatantly absurd, onus is on them to provide proof or not make the claim or accept that people will think its bullshit. I am the latter. Saying you got to GM with all 3 races isn't a small claim, its a massive claim that only the most ego-driven would make if not true, but as unprovable as the existence of the flying spaghetti monster either way.

I don't care about the stuff in the rest of your post. You are pefectly right, who gives a shit what rank day9 is or how much money he makes. Thats why him making that claim is especially egregious. It was needless from someone like Day9. Few would've thought less of him for denying it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Clearly, that statement should downgrade him to a solid Day[8] instead imo.

Zen

Banned
I knew you would ask for proof, but when someone says something blatantly absurd, onus is on them to provide proof or not make the claim or accept that people will think its bullshit. I am the latter. Saying you got to GM with all 3 races isn't a small claim, its a massive claim that only the most ego-driven would make if not true, but as unprovable as the existence of the flying spaghetti monster either way.

I don't care about the stuff in the rest of your post. You are pefectly right, who gives a shit what rank day9 is or how much money he makes. Thats why him making that claim is especially egregious. It was needless from someone like Day9. Few would've thought less of him for denying it.

You could have saved a lot of time by simply owning up in the first place by saying 'I think he's lying because that's my opinion' instead of dressing it up as something else.

All this originated from Idra, and it's fair to say that he and Day[9] aren't exactly friends, even before the infamous SOTG. It's true that Day[9] had some pointed jokes in tournaments specifically about Idra's absurd early GGing, but aside from that I've hardly ever seen Day[9] target a player, but I usually only see his casting, and never watch his daily. I mean when he mocked Sen... I guess?

Heck Tastosis tore apart players in the GSL far more than I've ever seen Day[9] do.

Striek

I briefly explained why I think its bullshit (no proof + very, very improbable) and then addressed the rest of your rather meandering post (defending Day9 against arguments no one was making). Pretty succinct I thought.

Zen

Banned
I briefly explained why I think its bullshit (no proof + very, very improbable) and then addressed the rest of your rather meandering post (defending Day9 against arguments no one was making). Pretty succinct I thought.

Dressing up your opinion as objective fact rather than subjective opinion and then having to be called on it before you come clean isn't succinct, it's a waste of time.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Starcraft 2 NeoGAF Night - 5-23-12 VOD

http://www.twitch.tv/corran666/b/319166714
AEIhI.png

I wonder what came out the 15th to cause me to stop streaming...hmm

max paine?

ksan

It's kinda sad to see Idra nowdays, I used to defend him cause he was actually relatively skilled, especially mechanically, but now he's just plain awful in every single regard.
I think the lack of self-irony is a huge problem for him.

There's something funny about seeing him and JP in something called Real Talk though...

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Find it funny they call the show Real Talk and there was a distinct lack of any real talk.
But but but Day J had Felicia Day in his room. ; ;

Wonder how much he got paid for that.

You won't see Day9 stream SC2 or talk about his accounts as it would just harm his reputation when people find out he isn't anywhere near as good as he has let on.

Snowman

Find it funny they call the show Real Talk and there was a distinct lack of any real talk.

Wuh? did you skip the first 5 minutes or something?

As for all the day9 stuff, when people first started talking about the 3 gm accounts, I spent like an hour finding where he said it, because I just didn't believe it. But hearing it from his mouth and then him confirming it on sotg was enough. He has never seemed liked the kind of person who would just outright lie about something like that.

Maybe I'm naive or maybe I'm just optimistic, but seeing as we're never gonna get proof either way, I think there's more to gain from just believing day9 than calling him a liar.

Aylinato

Is the irony lost on you?

If day9 posted which accounts were his wouldn't he get harassed by all his fans/haters and therefore have to get new accouts?

I love that idra has fallen so hard and only does well against his EG house. He refuses to change with the metagame and has always had a nasty habit of GEE GEEing early and out of bad manners.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
If day9 posted which accounts were his wouldn't he get harassed by all his fans/haters and therefore have to get new accouts?

Well that and if Day[9] caves into the whining retards, it will just empower them to harass other community members.

Personally, who gives a shit how much Day makes or whether or not he has 3 grandmaster accounts. Let the man do as he pleases.

Snowman

Idra's got a reputation right?

On top of that it's hard to take someone's so called "real talk" seriously when he has an exaggerated image because of corporate reasons.

True, but because he's known to be a bit of an asshole means that when he calls someone else out it doesn't count as real talk?

I dunno, I think the real talk thing is because it tends to be more personal stuff than anything else. Like, what do you expect from something called real talk then if this isn't it?

Deadman

Well jp said that socke was going to be on too but then he didnt include him in the TL calendar post, so i dunno if he still is.

I wouldnt expect day9 to appear.

Snowman

I love sotg and really miss it when it's not on. It's understandable why organising it is a pain in the ass though, with all the different people always doing different things, artosis in a completely different time zone etc.

Top Bottom