• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
lol at incontrol getting mad because he thinks lastshadow only got in because of day9.

remember NASL season 1, incholesterol?

Snowman

Whoa, demuslim beat hero in the nasl.. He's been doing ridiculously well in that this season, hope he wins the whole thing tbh, he always seems like a really great guy, plus he's british!

a3den

SotG ep was the funniest in a while, awkward at the beginning and then went completely apeshit. Also, I don't like day9 content so all this bashing amuses me to no end.

They gotta bring Darkforce back, he's a fun guy. Wish they'd invite dApollo too.

Day9 needs to look up the term over saturation. I haven't listened to the episode yet but I'm sure I'll enjoy the bashing. I get that he wants to continue securing his name as the biggest and most iconic esports person, but I'm just tired of his various gimmicks. He's a great caster though

How many dailies does he do a week? I'd expect it'll have to be once a week soon due to his schedule

Majine

Banned
This guy is pretty good.

RW3A2.jpg

Snowman

I've watched like 2 or 3 dailies over the past few months, as much as I love day9, there's other sc2 stuff I'd rather watch these days.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
how many people still watch the dailies on a regular basis?

His streams usually get 5-6k viewers at any time.

I personally haven't watched a daily since...oh I don't know...last October.

Mairu

Day9 needs to look up the term over saturation. I haven't listened to the episode yet but I'm sure I'll enjoy the bashing. I get that he wants to continue securing his name as the biggest and most iconic esports person, but I'm just tired of his various gimmicks. He's a great caster though

How many dailies does he do a week? I'd expect it'll have to be once a week soon due to his schedule

He's been doing less and less tournaments this year so I don't really agree with over saturation. He used to cast pretty much everything whereas now he just does the daily and the tournaments he seems directly involved with (AHGL, red bull)

I don't really understand the recent day9 hate in this thread or outside of it. I'm not sure why anyone is entitled to his personal finances and I'm also not sure why a positive attitude is a bad thing.

I shouldn't really be considered one of day9's "fanboys" or whatever either considering I haven't watched a daily since like 2010 or early 2011

Kind of random question, I'm going to be attending the Red Bull Battlegrounds tournament tomorrow and Sunday. The tickets I got said they start at 2pm. I'm assuming there's no "end time" specified since series are best of's, so it's impossible to know how fast the series' would be over as they could be clean sweeps or tied for all they know.

But if anyone has watched these tourneys all the way through in the past, around how long can I expect them to go on if it's slated to begin at 2pm? I'm planning on celebrating my birthday tomorrow night and would like a general idea of when to tell people to get ready to come out, but at the same time I definitely want to watch all the games.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I don't really understand the recent day9 hate in this thread or outside of it. I'm not sure why anyone is entitled to his personal finances and I'm also not sure why a positive attitude is a bad thing.

2gd said shit that mostly started it the last week. Other than that, people are just tired of him.

I'm watching the latest SoTG and it's pretty bad. It's clear that without Artosis on the show it's just InControl carrying everyone. When they were talking about Proleague it was just InControl talks about the player and everyone else goes "I didn't play Brood War during that time so I don't really know anything" then it repeats for the other 7 players. Then for the GSL finals InControl gives some good comments and everyone else goes "well I still haven't watched it yet." They need to get better personalities on the show.

Like it being a good game?

:D

No, there are things I like about both games. I really like the macro mechanics and auto-mining in SC2, so in regards to that it's painful to watch BW sometimes. But the 12-unit control group does feel like it leads to more harassment and better unit control where different units are microed differently in different groups. I've been playing more BW lately due to not having access to SC2 and I basically need to put zealots and dragoons in different unit groups and put the zealots in front and give them different movement paths. In SC2? Even the pros would just bunch them into one large deathball group and zealots get stuck behind the stalkers and it's terrible.

Also miss Lurkers, Reavers, and Vultures.

Holden

He's pretty good, artosis is better in the korean scene and bitter in the foreign one

But Rotterdam is probably the biggest reason why i watch them both

Snowman

I feel like you have to bring tasteless/rotterdam into this if we're comparing bitter/artosis ;)

I think it's pretty close, they're definitely the 2 best casting duos right now.

I feel like you have to bring tasteless/rotterdam into this if we're comparing bitter/artosis ;)

I think it's pretty close, they're definitely the 2 best casting duos right now.

Tasteless legitimately sucks, and I'm glad people are finally criticizing him. He's been coasting since the game came out; you can just tell he doesn't play it at all.

I continue to maintain InControl would be a far better partner for Artosis. Even haters have to admit InControl is hilarious and while he may not be good at the game, he understands it well enough to be a color caster. It would be amazing

Snowman

Incontrol's probably better at starcraft than any full time caster, unless that was a joke PD :p

I dunno, tasteless may not be the best but I just think he works so well with artosis, it'd be hard to replace him :/

Snowman

Did you guys really prefer wolf/artosis to tasteless/artosis? :eek:
I mean they weren't bad, but I didn't think they were anywhere near as entertaining as tastosis.

Ty4on

Did you guys really prefer wolf/artosis to tasteless/artosis? :eek:
I mean they weren't bad, but I didn't think they were anywhere near as entertaining as tastosis.

Loved it, they were really discussing all the strategy and it wasn't just Artosis coming up with possible ways to win. Tasteless isn't that awful, but he just goes with what Artosis says while Wolf would sometimes challenge it. Wolf and Khaldor do however miss a lot of intel like when they didn't see the seeker missile upgrade being cancelled.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yay! I guess I'll be going to DH Summer after all :3

Top Bottom