• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Snowman

It's kind of a given that he wouldn't be on this week with the red bull battlegrounds thingy this weekend though, definitely seems like he has a big part in organising that.

zlatko

Banned
He was never really on to begin with.

uL8kS.jpg

You watch your mouth.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I don't like how Incontrol and JP are the only 2 consistently on sotg these days, I miss tyler/artosis :(

Yea :(.

I mean Day9 was just there for his laugh and Tyler was just there to chill. But Artosis actually provided some insight and useful discussion especially alongside incontrol.

f0rk

SOTG doesn't pay any money so of course Day9 wouldn't go on. I'm only half joking, he's casting a fucking Shootmania tournament at E3 which he really has no business doing.

Snowman

SOTG doesn't pay any money so of course Day9 wouldn't go on. I'm only half joking, he's casting a fucking Shootmania tournament at E3 which he really has no business doing.

He confirmed he's not doing the casting he's doing the in between the games, announcing/hosting etc.
Day9 is a big draw and a lot of people will watch that who wouldn't if he wasn't there. It'll get Shootmania more attention.

You think day9 should've turned down the offer?

f0rk

He confirmed he's not doing the casting he's doing the in between the games, announcing/hosting etc.
Day9 is a big draw and a lot of people will watch that who wouldn't if he wasn't there. It'll get Shootmania more attention.

You think day9 should've turned down the offer?

Probably not, but I don't think they should have even asked. I can see why they did, but his knowledge base is so narrow compared to the other two. 2GD would do a much better job.

I would say that though because I tend to agree with 2GD a lot. Day9 clearly makes huge bank, sure he works hard but there have been people working harder for longer who aren't seeing anywhere near the same amount of money. He must be the top earner in the industry right now, maybe ever (up there with fatal1ty at least).

And there was a story that could be true or not about him being a dick (hand in the face) to random journalists and people backstage at a tournament. I'm just riding the Day9 backlash train honestly.

Snowman

I think it's crazy to speculate "how much work" each person has put in since clearly none of us have any idea really. But if you don't like day9 because he's successful then I honestly don't think that's day9's fault.

2gd doesn't have as many fans as day9, less people would end up watching it, that tournament at E3 is clearly about exposure and marketing for the game more than putting on a great show, it makes a lot of sense to have day9 there don't you think?

And I also don't think you can judge a guy because of a one off account of him not wanting to talk to a journalist when he was busy at an event. If there were was more than just this one guy then maybe.. But as it is it's just another thing for people looking for an excuse to hate day9 to latch onto.

Deadman

장민철 ‏@sk__mc

nasl showmatch was suppose on the 3rd after booking flights with MLG on 2nd they say now that i have to come 1st or cancel showmatch

....ok?

장민철 ‏@sk__mc

so i'm go to LA june 2nd and wait for start MLG?? wow.. so happy ^^

hahah wtf

Zen

Banned
Especially since they're being hyped to all hell. I'm imagining JP calling Flash the greatest RTS player of all time, only to see him lose to a 4 gate

Oh, it looks like they're going to be in their own special exhibition tournament. So I'd imagine that it would be sheltered from the main tournament?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=339912

Kespa shouldn't have done the Hybrid league, at least things will have switched over fully after this.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Oh, it looks like they're going to be in their own special exhibition tournament. So I'd imagine that it would be sheltered from the main tournament?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=339912

Kespa shouldn't have done the Hybrid league, at least things will have switched over fully after this.

I remember someone mentioning that they have the option to enter into the main tournament if they wanted to, but I could see kespa telling them not to do so to maintain this other tournament special status :p

Snowman

I remember someone mentioning that they have the option to enter into the main tournament if they wanted to, but I could see kespa telling them not to do so to maintain this other tournament special status :p

Also, none of the players are gonna wanna enter the open and have the chance of getting beaten by some no-name foreigner while they're still not that great :(

I'd love for them to enter, I think it'd be way more interesting to see them play against the "normal sc2 players" than just amongst themselves but I just don't see it happening, kinda sucks really.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wtf kind of mess is Muspelheim?

Top Bottom