• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Snowman

I never understood the hate zvz gets, it's always seemed like a pretty cool matchup to me, and surely if you played it more you'd get to a point where you understand it better and it might be fun?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
TOURNAMENT BRACKET WAS MOTHERFUCKING UPDATED WITH A BUNCH OF LAZY MOTHERFUCKERS BEING PUSHED THROUGH. FUCK YOU ALL.

you missed:
shake > haz by forfeit
shake > seronai by 2:0
shake > xen by 2:0

also holden and babeslayer both forfeited to each other. [lol]

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Fuck I've been so busy this weekend, missed damn near everything =/. I'll try to just watch the finals of the redbull lan thing I guess.

TOURNAMENT BRACKET WAS MOTHERFUCKING UPDATED WITH A BUNCH OF LAZY MOTHERFUCKERS BEING PUSHED THROUGH. FUCK YOU ALL.

<3

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
it was a week and change ago. >_>
dear neogaf, i need a new pc.

Your Current Specs: hp pavilion laptop x2 2.2ghz zm-82/4650m
Budget: $1000~ canada
Main Use: Gaming (5), Emulation (PS2/Wii)(3), HD Streaming(5), General Usage (5)
Monitor Resolution: 1080p, no plans to upgrade, have monitor.
List SPECIFIC games that you MUST be able to play: starcraft 2 w/ streaming. i wont die if i cant play other games [skyrim/bf3/whatever] on ultra, but i'm enough of a graphics horse to want high/1080p/40-60fps/AA optional.
Looking to reuse any parts? n/a.
When will you build?: 1-3 months. sooner if there's a newegg promotion through GESL, later if not.
Will you be overclocking?: probably.

i greatly dislike large frame drops in my starcraft and i'd like to have the ability to stream some games, so i would say starcraft on high and/or ultra with a 720p stream going out would be the 'this is what i want' baseline.

ps2 emulation would be a nice bonus, but i wouldn't call it a deal breaker.

other than starcraft the computer would be my entry into pc gaming, so while there arent many minimum benchmarks i can name, id like to keep options open for other games without needing to turn around and upgrade again next year if i fall in love with steam.

note: there's a lot of 'i dont knows!' for me when it comes to computer hardware, so im leery of picking from the reccommended builds list because, well, i dont know what i need or what things cost. i say $1000~ but i dont know if thats a lot for what i need or cutting it close. so yeah, i need informed opinions. -.-
$700 build + Windows is all you need.

You can pickup a used 2500K CPU for $170, get the Source 210 as a case if you want to save a little more.
Reuse any SATA drive as your main if possible.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
$700 build + Windows is all you need.

You can pickup a used 2500K CPU for $170, get the Source 210 as a case if you want to save a little more.
Reuse any SATA drive as your main if possible.

would you suggest spending a smidge more on the power supply and mobo to keep options open in the future; or will i most likely need to replace the mobo if something new comes out that i'd like to upgrade to? [since its a budget build after all]

cant reuse an hdd, but i have windows. :p

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
would you suggest spending a smidge more on the power supply and mobo to keep options open in the future; or will i most likely need to replace the mobo if something new comes out that i'd like to upgrade to? [since its a budget build after all]

cant reuse an hdd, but i have windows. :p
You will have to replace the motherboard no matter what next generation.

An upgrade to a 550W could be good, but the 450W should handle the next mid range card (GTX 660 and variants) without issue so unless you plan to drop more than $250 on a GPU later I wouldn't worry about it. Power draw is way down.

You never want to go cheap of low wattage on a PSU. 550-600w bro, leave yourself open for future graphics card deals instead of having to worry about if you have the juice to use it.

I got a Radeon 5770 HD card last year, it works great thus far. I'm not really looking to play every next big game, or even most. I just play SC2, Diablo 3, WoW, and a tad of TF2 once every few months. I do plan on getting Guild Wars 2 though; the beta worked fine with my set up

The only thing I need to update is my cpu (core 2 duo). I can really see some slowness at times

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
You never want to go cheap of low wattage on a PSU. 550-600w bro, leave yourself open for future graphics card deals instead of having to worry about if you have the juice to use it.

I got a Radeon 5770 HD card last year, it works great thus far. I'm not really looking to play every next big game, or even most. I just play SC2, Diablo 3, WoW, and a tad of TF2 once every few months. I do plan on getting Guild Wars 2 though; the beta worked fine with my set up

The only thing I need to update is my cpu (core 2 duo). I can really see some slowness at times
I don't want to make it sound like I say go 450W over 550W. The 550W should be the route to go, if Panda is ok financially.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
How far are you? I'm a 56 Monk on Act 3 Hell. We could get pooped on by some elites some time if you are down like a clown charlie brown.

Right now Im lvl60 barbarian on Inferno. Stuck really early on Act 1 as everything fucking destroys me lol.

Top Bottom