• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
So CBSi signed big advertising deal with tons of esports stuff
http://www.cnbc.com/id/47633993

Slasher quote from reddit
I have spoken to CBS Interactive Games General Manager Simon Whitcombe and would like to clarify a few things on the announcement:
  • CBS Interactive has direct partnerships only with MLG, TwitchTV, and now NASL and Own3d. CBSi will sell advertising for those leagues worldwide. EVO, DreamHack, ESL, and IPL were named because of those leagues' broadcast deals with TwitchTV. CBSi does NOT have a direct partnership with any of those leagues at this time, but are included as all broadcasts are done via TwitchTV. Advertising will be sold for these leagues in the US.
  • GSL was listed as per their previous streaming via Twitch and Own3d, but there is again no direct partnership with GomTV
  • "96% of all the advertising inventory" refers to only to LIVE VIDEO, and does not count VOD's such as YouTube and Blip.tv.

Jtrizzy

Any tech advise here? I have a 580 and a 2600k@4.4 My card is at 99% in those beautiful point and click menus in the bar and spaceship, and it even shutdown once. I enabled the frame limiter in Inspector to 65, and that seems to help, but only a little.

I just bought this today. After having so much fun with Diablo 3, I tried out the demo for this and loved it. I have no experience in the genre outside of a little bit of the watered down Civ game that came out on PS3 a few years ago.

Being new (about one year now) to PC gaming, I have to say that Blizzard does a great job with tutorials, and making the games enjoyable for scrubs like me.

Any tech advise here? I have a 580 and a 2600k@4.4 My card is at 99% in those beautiful point and click menus in the bar and spaceship, and it even shutdown once. I enabled the frame limiter in Inspector to 65, and that seems to help, but only a little.

I just bought this today. After having so much fun with Diablo 3, I tried out the demo for this and loved it. I have no experience in the genre outside of a little bit of the watered down Civ game that came out on PS3 a few years ago.

Being new (about one year now) to PC gaming, I have to say that Blizzard does a great job with tutorials, and making the games enjoyable for scrubs like me.

If there's VSync, turn it on. If not you'll need to edit the config or variables. Not sure which, but you want to find this:

Frameratecapglue=30
Frameratecap=60

The frameratecapglue controls the maximum framerate at the menu screens.
The frameratecap controls the maximum framerate on all other screens.

clav

Just reinstalled Starcraft 2 because of the Windows 8 Release Preview.

23 patches.

WTF Blizzard. No plans to streamline the patching process, not to mention bloat?

Add an uninstall campaign button plz.

Corran Horn

Just reinstalled Starcraft 2 because of the Windows 8 Release Preview.

23 patches.

WTF Blizzard. No plans to streamline the patching process, not to mention bloat?

Add an uninstall campaign button plz.

Its shitty but it allows you to watch replays of old patch versions. Should streamline it alot better though.

Zen

Banned
What's the Last Shadow thing and in what recent ep did StoG shit on Day[9]? Was it just when they were discussing cloud when Socke was on or did it happen again ina more recent ep?

Zzoram

Day9 had LastShadow invited to RedBull but he didn't deserve an invite and just left before his last match and didn't tell anyone. People said Day9 shouldn't be giving invites out to friends.

Um, mostly people are hating Day9 because he's trying to make money now. I don't blame him, everyone needs income.

Holden

Greg Andrew Fields.

mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

fatty

he just got unbanned, 5.25 hours lol;

and people watching huk instead of grubby makes me sad; Grubby is BY FARRRRRRRRRR the best streamer.

Why is Grubby so good? I *think* I have seen his stream once, people in chat were messing with him because he plays with his mouth open. Seemed nice though.

fatty

I can't watch huk anymore. I hate streams where the music is blaring much louder than the game.

Yeah, when that happens I'll just mute the stream. Once I had it muted and I was listening to Pandora, left my computer and came back later and thought, 'wow this guy is streaming some awesome music' lol.

Corran Horn

No one good streaming while Im eating lunch :(

Yeah, when that happens I'll just mute the stream. Once I had it muted and I was listening to Pandora, left my computer and came back later and thought, 'wow this guy is streaming some awesome music' lol.
I have a hard time watching streams muted. If I cant hear the game audio I usually just dont watch then. One reason why I love Nony's stream some of the time, he gets his music to go through his headsets but not the stream.

Also
S0Y6s.png

Group B! yatta

Damn, I'm still surprised by MMA's fall. I really thought he was the next big thing, but the race has moved into a more macro territory I guess.

Corran Horn

MMA has falls and rises. Remember he got to Super Tournament finals then proceeded to lose out of Code A following season. He will be back.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I love how the font gets more and more dramatic :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Zen

Banned
Day9 had LastShadow invited to RedBull but he didn't deserve an invite and just left before his last match and didn't tell anyone. People said Day9 shouldn't be giving invites out to friends.

That sucks, I doubt we'll see Day[9] try to sponsor a player again.

Um, mostly people are hating Day9 because he's trying to make money now. I don't blame him, everyone needs income.

I'd always assume that deciding to 'do StrCraft II/Esports full time' meant 'try to make a living from it. I guess it's ok for everyone else involved in E-Sports, but not him, or something, maybe it's because he's actually doing it well I guess.

Top Bottom