• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
current day9 hate is hilariously retarded

I remember back in the day, the thought of anyone actually hating Day[9] was just not possible. Funny how things can go completely 180 like that.

I personally don't care. 2 weeks from now, we'll be hating some other community figure.

Zen

Banned
I remember back in the day, the thought of anyone actually hating Day[9] was just not possible. Funny how things can go completely 180 like that.

I personally don't care. 2 weeks from now, we'll be hating some other community figure.

Yeah, it was about time for the SCII community to try out hating Day[9], we've cycled through everyone else except TLO.

Day[9] did an AMA where he talks about the criticisms, apparently, I'm not sure where in the video it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvyU8LqpRT8

Snow

I honestly think most of 2GD's criticism just comes from conflicting personality types and some vague sense of 'selling out' he seems to get out of day9. Somehow some some earlier vague 2GD remarks that came from that place were seized on by the drama craving side of Reddit et al. and combined with some gossipy bullshit about him being a secret asshole phoney rich dude. It's silly.

Zen

Banned
"hey @ItMeJp lets do show when im in sweden the 14th maybe ? :)) since everyone is going public i might aswell too. Right Idra?" - Naniwa

@QuanticNaNi that should work. I get home from Anaheim on the 13th. You have to talk about your childhood, etc. if that's cool, let's go

https://twitter.com/QuanticNaNi/status/209253724747612160

Also, Prime versus Startale KSL grand final VODS are up
Marine King Prime all killed Startale in a best of 11 because he's a fucking monster

http://www.own3d.tv/event/ksl

I don't mind the 'realtalk show' but JP is transparently using it as a platform to create drama for his own ratings. The SCII community is drama filled nad hateful enough and Realtalk only worsens thing because there's little professionalism in the scene at this point.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I don't mind the 'realtalk show' but JP is transparently using it as a platform to create drama for his own ratings. The SCII community is drama filled nad hateful enough and Realtalk only worsens thing because there's little professionalism in the scene at this point.

Well I mean that is JP's job, to make video content that the community want to watch. There is very little professionalism in Western E-Sports as a whole, whether you look at the FGC, SC2, LoL, etc etc. We're just going through growing pains imo.

I don't think Realtalk helps limit the drama in the community, but I do like how we get to learn more about various members of the community from the very beginning.

Q8D3vil

my favorite part with 2gd was when
jp: no one is going to turn down blizzcon invitation to cast.
2gd: i did.

jp is fucking awful and he just proved that he dont mind shitting on the fans to get what he want.

my favorite part with 2gd was when
jp: no one is going to turn down blizzcon invitation to cast.
2gd: i did.

jp is fucking awful and he just proved that he dont mind shitting on the fans to get what he want.

I like how he kept trying to tip toe out of the trap 2gd set for him lol. "bu-but--but...yea well, ok"

Overall I dunno how I feel about his Day9 point, and the Fata1ity comparison. While I have problems with his casting/gimmicks, from a business perspective Day9 is very smart. You can just tell if esports isn't just a bubble that pops in the next couple years, he'll be in charge of some major things.. He's building his brand, I have no problem with that. And I'd also argue he does help the community - bringing Red Bull into the fray helps esports; that was an amazing coup and he's the only guy who could have pulled it off.

What I find interesting is how few community figures seem to be defending Day9 right now. SOTG pretty much seems to find the entire thing funny, and I get the impression they're not happy with him to some level either. He hasn't been on the show in awhile which I find odd; I figured he'd at least jump on to hype the Red Bull thing, but perhaps he feels his brand is so strong he doesn't need to.

---
Ultimately I do expect this entire industry to go up in flames, at least for SC2. So much money is being pumped in, and barely anyone is actually making a profit. As the Korean scene grows and they begin to dominate even more, I expect a lot of people to lose interest.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
From what I saw JP needs to ask more questions based on what the person says, never even bothered to ask why 2gd didn't want to cast BlizzCon.

Whenever I listened to SotG, and this was last year, Day9 was worthless. All he ever did was laugh and didn't off anything to the program.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
lol

protossgif.gif

Pancakes

Exactly how I play Protoss, down to the controller and bean bag chair yo.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thank you guys :3

Now I'm heading to bed ♥ G'night SC2 GAF!

Deadman

RotterdaM
Unfortunately I'll have to leave the US on Tuesday due to visa issues :( , have to take some meetings in the Netherlands and there is no way around it, this means I'll be missing both e3 and MLG, really sorry to all the people who looked forward to watching me play at MLG, I"m very sad but there is nothing I can do about it, I tryed to fix it but the timing is just super unfortunate, I should be back the 12th of June. Once more I'm really sorry but let's look at the bright side, there's always a next time and it's not the end of the World even though it's quite a bummer, still never managed to attend a MLG . At least I'll be able to hug my doggy when I'm home ♥.

Why do so many progamers suck at getting a visa sorted out

It would be funny if Hero or Taeja won MLG anaheim and they pushed the documentary back again to put in more footage

Holden

watching catz, holy shit i never seen somebody so greedy

zvp 3 hatch before pool as standard play.. lol

edit: and then looses his hatch to a canons at 3rd, hahaghaghag

edit2: like wow, I've never seen somebody play so badly

edit3: and he's grandmaster, what the fuck

watching catz, holy shit i never seen somebody so greedy

zvp 3 hatch before pool as standard play.. lol

edit: and then looses his hatch to a canons at 3rd, hahaghaghag

edit2: like wow, I've never seen somebody play so badly

edit3: and he's grandmaster, what the fuck

See one bad game where he tries some super greedy build to see how it works.

Flip out and call him bad, lol.

What the fuck? Is this supposed to be a criticism? This comes across as the most vague, non-specific shit that feels more like jealousy than anything else ("I could make a lot more money if I wanted to." Yeah, sure you could.) Yeah, Day9 has always been in love with himself, that was fucking obvious from Day1 (pun INTENDED). Big deal?

Onoz, Fatal1ty! Think of the horror of Fatal1ty! This sort of stupid, poorly thought-out babbling actively pisses me off.

I thought people had gotten annoyed with Day9 over something actually concrete, turns out it's just "he's too popular/makes too much money"?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
So Nony moved to Oakland? :eek:oooo Im like 60minutes away from Nony? This is how it feels to be like Panda and Mr. Bitter

ocelot.gif

Top Bottom