• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
give me a TLDR synopsis plz, Canada boy

tldr, dude claims spades hacks. spades denies it. Pros go over replays and see things that seem very likely to be a hacker. Spades leaves team today. During this old Team Reign manager said that he was told that majority of korean teams stream cheat via "The exact scenario was, I asked Artist if Koreans cheated, he shrugged and said 'Yes. Korean standard.'"

esports drama doesnt take e3 off.

Wolf says it best though
This 'community' today looks like a group of monkeys hurling shit at each other. One mediocre player is accused by an anonymous poster of hacking in a showmatch with no prize. Everyone feels they need to add their opinions-- many do so without watching the replays. Even a former hacker chimes in. A former manager tosses in his opinion; while saying nothing about the actual incident at hand, he accuses Koreans of stream cheating, despite it being completely unrelated. More foreign 'pro' players will chime in, rather than practising the hours a day required to compete on a global scale. I can tell you what MVP is not doing today-- Giving a shit about this drama on TeamLiquid.

Zzoram

This 'community' today looks like a group of monkeys hurling shit at each other. One mediocre player is accused by an anonymous poster of hacking in a showmatch with no prize. Everyone feels they need to add their opinions-- many do so without watching the replays. Even a former hacker chimes in. A former manager tosses in his opinion; while saying nothing about the actual incident at hand, he accuses Koreans of stream cheating, despite it being completely unrelated. More foreign 'pro' players will chime in, rather than practising the hours a day required to compete on a global scale. I can tell you what MVP is not doing today-- Giving a shit about this drama on TeamLiquid.

Wolf is a total boss.

Deadman

I actually though what wolf said was pretty stupid, lol.

The whole thing is obviously full of "FOREIGNERS SUCK KOREA RULEZ" but that aside he complains about people feeling the need to add their own opinions, whilst simultaneously giving his own. Then his crazy rant that people need to care less about cheaters and more about practice? He really thinks when the korean progamer betting scandal came up all the koreans didnt give a damn and just kept on playing? Bullshit.

Edit: Basically what catz says http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/c...a_beautiful_concise_commentary_on_the/c4wjbwl

Haunted

Missed a couple weeks (ok probably more like months) in the SC2 community. No news, no tournament results etc etc

WHAT THE FUCK

ogs disbanding, kespa playing sc2, jaedong/bisu interviews on TL, people hating on day9 because he's too good, rotterdam wanted to compete in mlg (not commentate?)

That shit is cray.

Zzoram

Blizzard inviting a hacker to their own tournament, LOL!

They better be inviting him to sue him for TOS violation upon arrival or something.

He's such a blatant hacker be better get publicly shamed and humiliated on stream. His hack makes him have perfect blink stalker micro that spikes his APM to >550 during battles.

This is why I love Korean server lolololol

3wQ0h.jpg

I actually though what wolf said was pretty stupid, lol.

The whole thing is obviously full of "FOREIGNERS SUCK KOREA RULEZ" but that aside he complains about people feeling the need to add their own opinions, whilst simultaneously giving his own. Then his crazy rant that people need to care less about cheaters and more about practice? He really thinks when the korean progamer betting scandal came up all the koreans didnt give a damn and just kept on playing? Bullshit.

Edit: Basically what catz says http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/c...a_beautiful_concise_commentary_on_the/c4wjbwl

His point is not that these issues are irrelevant - cheating is a serious issue. His point is that the NA SC2 scene spends more time throwing fits over one drama point or the next, and next to no time actually playing the game or doing anything to justify being a "pro" gamer. SC2 is dominated by the foreign scene in terms of interest and views, yet foreign players seem to have no interest in putting in the work required to actually be good. Instead we have a "community" of players who would rather make money streaming, giving lessons, and generating drama on TL.

It basically comes down to the end of this commercial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNFOMmTWhps

"Somewhere, someone is practicing." And he ain't American.

I can't even think of somebody who could possibly be more irrelevant than spades and yet stir so much shit.

This scene loves their weekly soap operas so much that its actually hilarious.

I should come up with a bingo board on who or what would make tl/reddit blow up next.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I can't even think of somebody who could possibly be more irrelevant than spades and yet stir so much shit.

I should come up with a bingo board on who or what would make tl/reddit blow up next.

xW3G6.jpg

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

I was thinking about making a "Who will we hate next?" spinning board and taking it to the next MLG.

Holden

saddest part here is blizzard: can't even ban fast enough the hackers on battle.net, and they can't even make a game where map hacking isn't possible.

but if this whole korean thing is true, people has to start checking replays after every game in tournys. So sad -_-

Jeff-DSA

So yeah...I got to stand directly behind MC during his showmatch today with Sheth. It was a real treat watching him play. He also spent 5 minutes talking with me before his match. I got some video of him playing from the same spot, I'll have to upload it and share later. You get to hear Ret commentating just to my left.

I also got to talk with Sheth and Tyler for a bit. Both super nice guys as was MC.

20120605_154025.jpg

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
So yeah...I got to stand directly behind MC during his showmatch today with Sheth. It was a real treat watching him play. He also spent 5 minutes talking with me before his match. I got some video of him playing from the same spot, I'll have to upload it and share later. You get to hear Ret commentating just to my left.

I also got to talk with Sheth and Tyler for a bit. Both super nice guys as was MC.

20120605_154025.jpg
Yeah Sheth is a great guy and I also talked to Tyler at Blizzcon, same deal.

I heard MC was at E3 doing stuff, didn't meet any SC II people, but will be at MLG.

Just had a guy do the "Has left the game!" shit to me on ladder lol I obviously didn't fall for it but this is top 25 masters. Wtf lol people still do that?

Deadman

Naniwa backs out of real talk lolz

JP said:
@QuanticNaNi will no longer be on Real Talk. he states "After further consideration i feel that there is no need to talk about my.. (cont)

personal life on a show in front of people i dont really care about, I will focus on my game and thats all." :( was going to be good!

Naniwa adds:

also continuation to jps tweet. when im done with sc2 i make my book of all sc2 secrets. bound to be a bestseller. juicy idra stuff in there

Dunno how I even feel about Real Talk. JP strikes me as rather annoying, and he's clearly benefiting the "community" crave for drama. I guess I should salute him for exploiting things to his benefit, but at the same time it just feels cheap.

Someone should go on the show and just talk about BW to piss him off

jasonng

The drama goes hand in hand with esports for some reason. Socially inept people don't know how to get along with others and/or too opinionated. Who knew.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Not surprised Naniwa backed out, pretty sure he got kicked out for quitting school to play War3. Not sure why JP is so interested in players childhoods.

Top Bottom