• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Rainbow joining military :(
I know he has been shit last 1.5 years or so (besides that one gstl season)...but he was one of the first cool Korean streamers

edit:
also
MVP_Genius will be our guest for the final episode of GSL Off The Record. Yes, OTR will unfortunately come to an end, but don't despair - we will return with new extra content after a short break!

Deadman

aaO6th.png

oWfLYh.png

Yay we are finally imba

twofold

Do those Korea stats include Proleague?

Edit - Seems they do. Guess those figures aren't half as meaningful as they used to be.

Terrans gotta pick up their game in ZvT. They've been getting increasingly greedy and are now being punished for it. Will be interesting to see where the metagame goes next.

If it weren't for MVP's run then the TvP stat would be something totally different in korea.

and are the dude who's making this being serious when including proleague ?!

Those games hold less merit on the current metagame/level of play than the shitty NA playhem dailys.

twofold

If it weren't for MVP's run then the TvP stat would be something totally different in korea.

and are the dude who's making this being serious when including proleague ?!

Those games hold less merit on the current metagame/level of play than the shitty NA playhem dailys.

Protoss has a 75% winrate against Terran in Proleague. The winrate would be skewed even more in Terran's favour if the Proleague data wasn't included. MVP definitely isn't the only Terran capable of defeating Protoss.

Edit - To clarify - I'm not 100% certain that Proleague data is included, but Proleague stuff is listed in the TLPD2 Korea database so I assume it is.

Well if the teamleague is anything to go by than zerg is going to have an incredible win ratio this month and terrans will be abysmal. Not that i read too much into these things but that's what it will look like.

Protoss has a 75% winrate against Terran in Proleague. The winrate would be skewed even more in Terran's favour if the Proleague data wasn't included. MVP definitely isn't the only Terran capable of defeating Protoss.

Edit - To clarify - I'm not 100% certain that Proleague data is included, but Proleague stuff is listed in the TLPD2 Korea database so I assume it is.

Never said he is, but terrans got dominated by protoss at the last code S and so far in GSTL terrans came out about 15+ times and only won twice (both were Jjakji).

I'm not too worried though, Terran has been the most "adaptive" race through the game's history when it comes to metagame or patch changes being introduced, so I think they should figure something out eventually or David Kim will jump to the rescue
and buff the protoss while he's at it because he has to sneak one in every balance update.

Next week is going to be a comeback. Testing out the new Starcraft 2 beta Arcade. Some games need to be had.

I feel like we've grown apart, Jason. This isn't right.

Does that mean I can take over gaf night and move the day it's on? Awesome

Please do so. Wednesday is such a stupid day to have this. 9PM start time (9:30-10 by the time everyone gets their shit together) and then I usually want to leave for 11-11:30 so I can get to bed at a decent time.

ultron87

I think we tried a Tuesday or Thursday once or something. But it has pretty consistently been on Wednesday. I'd be fine with moving it since Wednesday is my group of friend's traditional day to have a bunch of people over and watch a movie.

Aylinato

Haven't we tried just about every other day of the week?

I think we tried a Tuesday or Thursday once or something. But it has pretty consistently been on Wednesday. I'd be fine with moving it since Wednesday is my group of friend's traditional day to have a bunch of people over and watch a movie.

Only when MrMr was running it, was it on Wednesday cause of his schedule, and now he has abandoned us, left us to the zombies to fend for ourselves.

The only other say SC2 nights has been on was Tuesday night. No other night has been officially unofficially gaf night

Only when MrMr was running it, was it on Wednesday cause of his schedule, and now he has abandoned us, left us to the zombies to fend for ourselves.

The only other say SC2 nights has been on was Tuesday night. No other night has been officially unofficially gaf night

I'd actually prefer it be on the weekend. I'm not going to believe for one second that SC2 GAF is so important or social that they can't hop on for a couple hours on a Sunday afternoon.

Keikaku

HAHAHAHAHA. You so funny Aylinato.

No.
"Tournaments shouldn't take months to run" he said. "This needs to take place over 1 weekend" he said.

2VV6I.jpg

Seriously though, getting SC2 GAF to try to organize is a pain in the ass. Looks like you've only got about 5 more matches to sort out, right? You'll be done by the end of this month.

Corran Horn

Start small then large. Should had been like masters only tournament with live casting. Replay tournaments are just meh.

Start small then large. Should had been like masters only tournament with live casting. Replay tournaments are just meh.

People would have bitched. I just think tournaments don't work without the people involved having some kind of investment in it. I'm not sure if the amount being paid out isn't enough for all of the pro-league players around here who make thousands on all of the other tournaments they're in or maybe it's that they're busy flying to various international tournaments and can't make the time for our small tourny. Either way, it's sad.

I think MrMister was onto something by just leaving without a word.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

yep. its when you pull in people who literally never play the game but want to have fun with gaf that you gum up the works and grind things for months.

chaotic evil mode tournament:

shake
striek
escapingjail
phoenixdark

everyone plays everyone. best of three.
1 map win = 1 point.
top 2 players by points play a bo7 for 1st and 2nd.
bottom two a bo7 for 3rd and 4th.
extended series.

casted by corran & hazard, nix & scogoth, feep & sl1nter.

$75 to winner
$25 to 2nd
Lyra plushy mailed to 4th in a marked box.
if you dont play your 3rd/4th place match, you are banned from gaf.

Keikaku

I like Panda's format, but I think we can get a couple more players in there.

I'm PMing Evilore to see if we can get a custom tag for the winner of such a tournament. I think that's a cool prize for a GAF tourney and Evilore does follow SC2 occasionally, so he should be OK with it.

I'd like to cast too!

yep. its when you pull in people who literally never play the game but want to have fun with gaf that you gum up the works and grind things for months.

shake
striek
escapingjail
phoenixdark

1 map win = 1 point.
extended series.

$75 to winner
$25 to 2nd

I'd scrap this tournament and kick that off right away.

Actually, I'd finish this tournament off with You vs. Shake. The two people who have pushed the most to get their matches done.

Keikaku

Actually, I'd finish this tournament off with You vs. Shake. The two people who have pushed the most to get their matches done.
Just PMed Evilore about the tag idea for the prize pool. Now we see if he's cool with it . . .

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

I cannot beat striek in a series of sc2; i haven't been able to in a long time.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
http://i.imgur.com/SbRSj.png[IMG]

Do it for him.[/QUOTE]

lets put it this way; i haven't taken a single game off of strieks protoss this year.
i slacked, he didn't. he is unquestionably better. my only goal in this tourney was to get to and beat holden to make top 4. :P

but he frenched out on me.

Holden

lets put it this way; i haven't taken a single game off of strieks protoss this year.
i slacked, he didn't. he is unquestionably better. my only goal in this tourney was to get to and beat holden to make top 4. :p

:( we should practice

Keikaku

i slacked, he didn't. he is unquestionably better. my only goal in this tourney was to get to and beat holden to make top 4. :p

Now you're just being mean. I don't recall Holden ever taking a series off of you.

This guy is your man for ZvP - Motherfuckin' Byul.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Now you're just being mean. I don't recall Holden ever taking a series off of you.

This guy is your man for ZvP - Motherfuckin' Byul.

holdens gotten crazy as fuck; dude will blindly go nexus first into 7minute third into 2 robo immortal. Dangerous person to play in the stephano metagame. xD

my strategy was to ling allin him twice and just do a standard stephano for a third option.
\
sadly i usually work or sleep through most of gsl. :(

Corran Horn

shake
striek
escapingjail
phoenixdark

1 map win = 1 point.
extended series.

$75 to winner
$25 to 2nd
Me and haz casting together? So basically just bw talk.

I've been sending PM's to get these done. The only one I haven't been ontop of yet is ender. Starting to get to the point of wtf with me having to do all the work to find these people.

It also doesn't help that I'm pretty much a lurker, outside this thread I don't really post anywhere on this site lol.

EDIT: and to addon there isn't an account with that name on gaf. So yeah anyone want to fill me in?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

shake
striek
escapingjail
phoenixdark

1 map win = 1 point.
extended series.

$75 to winner
$25 to 2nd

Welp, time to get Grandmasters.

I played a ZvT a few days ago and did the Roach/Baneling rush on Cloud Kingdom. I didn't outright win and the guy was like "see, the metagame has evolved past that bullshit lolol."So I double expanded and won with ling Infestor

One thing I noticed though: a 9 drone scout wasn't able to enter Terran bases on time anymore due to faster supply depots. Is that something new?

I played a ZvT a few days ago and did the Roach/Baneling rush on Cloud Kingdom. I didn't outright win and the guy was like "see, the metagame has evolved past that bullshit lolol."So I double expanded and won with ling Infestor

One thing I noticed though: a 9 drone scout wasn't able to enter Terran bases on time anymore due to faster supply depots. Is that something new?

on a 2 player map 9 drone should always make it in. that guy delayed something to make the 2nd depot quicker to lock you out.

zargle

It happened like three games in a row so I was wondering if the metagame changed during my D3 absence

Was it completed or just started? There has been an increased trend of starting that second depot and stopping super early just to have an obstacle in the way, but thats all I can think of.

Top Bottom