• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Holy mother of God, Battle.net really sucks dick more than ever.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
lol he means kim saying he likes MMA over MarineKing as a player.
That is FINE, but he's talking about him preferring MMA because he apparently uses more unique builds. Like, what the fuck? MMA is the biggest standard terran 1.0 in existance.

Snowman

That is FINE, but he's talking about him preferring MMA because he apparently uses more unique builds. Like, what the fuck? MMA is the biggest standard terran 1.0 in existance.

I thought he was saying MMA uses a bigger variety of builds, which is still bullshit, but still :p

zlatko

Banned
So I bet this has been asked before, but what headphones does Day 9 use? Or is it a headset? The white ones from the dailys.

I want a pair since they look super comfortable compared to what I have. I wear glasses and so does he, so I imagine they'd solve the issue I have of my current ones pinching my glasses into the sides of my head which tends to hurt quite quickly. :(

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Good shit. Thanks Corran. :)

300 bucks though? Wow. I pay that much for my car every month lol.

Good headphones are great to have. I use Sennheiser HD555. Got mine for like 150 and they work great. No glasses though, perfect vision up in dis place! :p

Corran Horn

team sennheiser ftw.

hrMhk.gif

Corran Horn

Nothing major I guess.

1. Nony pulled his classic BM stuff and didnt play sjow in game 2 after losing game one. Like DCing himself or whatever.

2. He said vs He said in Xeris vs Demuslim in how a certain game was scheduled out. I tend to believe Demuslim more as I hate Xeris lol

Xeris says this
Let me clarify:

1) The NASL schedule was given to all team managers and players at the start of the season. We were very clear that: a) there were no NASL games during the MLG Anaheim week, and b) Week 9 would be played AFTER MLG

2) DeMusliM asked if he could postpone. I talked to him in person, at MLG with the CEO of NASL with me, and we explained to him that we could NOT postpone until after Gigabyte, because our playoffs are next week and there is simply no time. DIMAGA will attend Dreamhack, and DeMusliM will play at Gigabyte, there were no other days.

3) We offered him a place to play and practice at the NASL studio for as long as he needed to play the game... and a lot of players were playing and practicing at the Odyssey LAN center (which is where DeMusliM played from... which is also where HuK and other players were playing)

I understand that DeMusliM is upset for playing in a non-ideal situation, but I believe the NASL was more than clear about the schedule and how the final week would be played.

Also... we send weekly emails about the schedule every Saturday that explains the exact schedule for the following week.

to which Demuslim replies
Feel i need to talk about this, as Xeris is saying some true statements, and leaving a hell of a lot out.

Yes i spoke to Xeris in person multiple times throughout the week of MLG. Our first encounter was a "hello how you doing" sort of thing. In which, turned into a talk about NASL - (this was prior to any game being played at MLG, infact was maybe the first day i arrived.) - i specifically asked about when my matches would be played, and he said after MLG, and i then responded by saying, i'm travelling around after mlg to gigabyte, after that isn't a problem? To which a response of yes was in place, i smiled alot and asked "are you sure?" multiple times, i actually think 3 times since usually NASL don't change things. As far as i was set, things were sorted.

The final night of MLG after the finals, needless to say everyone got tipsy, i opened up my email the next morning and it said i had a match of the tomorrow. This according to my prior conversation with Xeris, was a complete mistake.
I tried contacting him several times with emails. (If anybody remembers my troubles with NASL previously, Season 1 - they excluded me from the league because in my "application video" i had a cast around my elbow, i was more than fit to play, but their reasoning rather than asking me am i fit or able, was just to look at the video and say no.) Obviously this is a sour memory, but more related to the topic at Hand is this:

I contacted NASL in season 2, when i was to play Hero, i messaged NASL saying it was impossible for me to play at a certain date, and i'd like it postponed 2 days later, or when ever fit for hero. - This message DID get through, but the day of the match, i got a defloss and a 200 dollar penalty. I messaged, they responded by saying they had no message what so ever, and it was my fault for not following up with several more messages, and that they contacted EG and they couldn't get cold of me either. 1. It was actually EG who contacted NASL, so that was a pretty gnarley excuse in the first place. 2. - i had evidence of the message going through. After the incident kind of unwinded, i actually wanted the penalty fine lifted, in which i was still walkovered, they said no. I thought it was all a little unjust.

So this time i messaged xeris several more times, after no response, I finally wrote on twitter, slightly embarrassing him i guess to get back to me ASAP. He did so, but only because i went public with it. This obviously is NOT the way things should be done, and for that lack of "sportsmanship" i do apologize, but the amount of shady doings that go on without the public knowing about them is atrocious. So after a few emails back and forth about "you told me prior to MLG things were ok, what went wrong?" with a retort along the lines of "i never said that, we can let you play at the NASL office."

Obviously i was a little mad, and acted a little unjust, i'm just pretty sick of this league shitting on me at every opportunity it possibly can, especially when i know for a fact, and so does he, that said conversation took place.

Nothing major but my dislike for NASL continues :/

Good headphones are great to have. I use Sennheiser HD555. Got mine for like 150 and they work great. No glasses though, perfect vision up in dis place! :p

I think I have weird addiction, despite me having the money, I always buy shitty low quali headsets that end up breaking in a couple of months. It has become a bit of a hobby to examine ~$20 headsets, how good they are and how long they're gonna last.

Deadman

lol xeris seems like such a dick. every story that comes out about him just makes him worse and worse.

sennheiser hd518s are awesome.

Snowman

It doesn't help that it's demuslim complaining, I'd probably take his word over like anyone else in SC2, he just seems like such a nice dude :p

Holden

I guess it would of been funnier it wasn't global play, cause they would need to upgrade every copy they have lol;

People don't care to spend to much money (on something worthless) and i just find it really sad

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I guess it would of been funnier it wasn't global play, cause they would need to upgrade every copy they have lol;

People don't care to spend to much money (on something worthless) and i just find it really sad

you're pretty judgmental about what people do with their money for a guy on an allowance.

:p

Anyone watching the gigabyte lan streams? Theres two but they should have separate stream for LoL and SC2 but apparently LoL will make an appearance on the same stream.

I also just went "fuck it", and bought the full edition of sc2 since it works on my pc, allows me to play A.I custom games to work on my macro. Which sucks.

Snowman - where is the UK finals being held?

Snowman

Anyone watching the gigabyte lan streams? Theres two but they should have separate stream for LoL and SC2 but apparently LoL will make an appearance on the same stream.

I also just went "fuck it", and bought the full edition of sc2 since it works on my pc, allows me to play A.I custom games to work on my macro. Which sucks.

Snowman - where is the UK finals being held?

Some place in London, gonna get the train down just for the second day (30th june - 1st july) if I get tickets :) More info n stuff here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=344912

Tuning into NASL for the first time in awhile and wow, Gretorp is still horrible. It's like he doesn't know how to talk to people, as he continually trainwrecks his co-host's conversations/points with ridiculous rants and comments

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Tuning into NASL for the first time in awhile and wow, Gretorp is still horrible. It's like he doesn't know how to talk to people, as he continually trainwrecks his co-host's conversations/points with ridiculous rants and comments

which is a shame because frodan is amazing.

Top Bottom