• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
15 cc into 3rax [added one at a time] with a marine push to punish reliance on queens and slow lings.

but it requires terrans to know how to scout so it'll never work. some ladder idiot will marine push against 2base w/ gas and complain zerg still imba.

in the second game flash misclicked his scout scv and never saw the third, so he stayed home and added marauders to tank banes and pushed on stim.

--
in related news:
CcU1T.png

this frustrates me so much, why do koreans do it.

natural and main not connected by creep

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Is it just me or do the BW terrans seem to never kill off creep spread in SC2? It seemed that way at the MLG tournament, wondered if it was true in the proleague as well.
flash didnt for a long time just now; presumably because he thought zerg was 2 basing. once he did move out he did start killing creep somewhat efficiently; but he also did a lot of crazy on creep charges too. stimming all bio on creep and up a ramp into a zerg 4th, suicidal if zerg had anything in position. -.-;

Well, Flash just got destroyed there
yeah, completely failed to scout the broods. might have been okay if he had gotten the backup 4th but he was too late. kind of odd that he didnt do any dropping with all those medivacs.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Every Terran I've seen do this fast 3 CC with only marine/medivac till like 13 or 14 minutes into the game have lost. I have no idea why basically every Korean Terran has started doing it.
flash lost to brood lord/queen/infestor because he didn't have any vikings until after the broods were killing his tanks.

he also held a pretty big ling/bane/roach push without lifting the third or using seige.

flash lost to brood lord/queen/infestor because he didn't have any vikings until after the broods were killing his tanks.

he also held a pretty big ling/bane/roach push without lifting the third or using seige.

Yea, very impressive use of space there. He was microing around supply depots to avoid banelings, targeting Roaches with tanks, etc. I got the impression RorO was 1-Aing that attack.

Flash looks good but his decision making is odd. As Vap said, the 3 CC build is just puzzling. At some point these guys have to try some more tech

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i think the 3cc build has potential to match economies with zerg by taking advantage of the current low tech style zergs play vs terran.

if you open with less rax into tech; i'd worry about a window where zergs could punish something like a 15cc while t waits for seige. so i like 3cc as a safer opening, but it seems like you absolutely 100% must spam out a metric ton of drops to pin zerg back or do that marine pressure to reset creep and check queen counts [which flash failed to do vs roro entirely because he misclicked his scout scv]

Vaporak

i think the 3cc build has potential to match economies with zerg by taking advantage of the current low tech style zergs play vs terran.

if you open with less rax into tech; i'd worry about a window where zergs could punish something like a 15cc while t waits for seige. so i like 3cc as a safer opening, but it seems like you absolutely 100% must spam out a metric ton of drops to pin zerg back or do that marine pressure to reset creep and check queen counts [which flash failed to do vs roro entirely because he misclicked his scout scv]

I think the 3cc build would be better if it delayed medivacs to instead get earlier tanks. Not getting the tanks just seems to make the zergs feel too safe. They've been taking much much faster thirds compared to how they used to play when 2cc Marine/Tank midgame was the standard.

3 CC was very potent when it was first introduced by MMA, Jjakji, and others. But overall it seems like zergs have figured it out. Right now no one is really heavily abusing drops like MMA did when he'd go 3 CC.

Outside of that nice early push, Flash let RorO do whatever he wanted and was caught off guard by Broods.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I think the 3cc build would be better if it delayed medivacs to instead get earlier tanks. Not getting the tanks just seems to make the zergs feel too safe. They've been taking much much faster thirds compared to how they used to play when 2cc Marine/Tank midgame was the standard.

i dunno, tank pressure builds seem kind of weak nowadays; when i see them work i think 'shame on you, zerg player' and not 'nice work, terran'

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I remember why i didnt like to ladder...

all cheeeeese :p

I think I pulled a destiny tho, but with a probe in a PvP instead of an overlord. Put him outside base just in range of vision, dude pulls whole army down....FORCEFIELDDDDDD :p

Vaporak

i dunno, tank pressure builds seem kind of weak nowadays; when i see them work i think 'shame on you, zerg player' and not 'nice work, terran'

Even if you don't use them to pressure you just need them to beat bane/infestor. A lot of these terrans have only had one maybe 2 tanks when they have to fight a ling/bane/infestor army and it just hasn't been working.

Sliver

"Back in the day" being key. If esports wants to be taken seriously as more than just a bunch of teenagers behaving badly and playing video games, they'll need the announcers to behave accordingly. As it stands, it really is mostly just a bunch of teenagers behaving badly.

Closing statement on the Hdstarcraft thread lock. Hilariously uninformed. Looooooool

fucking holden squealed on me.

---

hots info:
according to browder
campaign is done
multiplayer is in a good place
some art assets are missing/changing [UI]
david kim thinks terrans should just build some fucking ravens
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqA-3hvErDg

beta soooooooooon pls.

Then why not over-buff them to force people to use them and scale it down later like you did with Infestors, Warp prisms... etc or does that theory does not apply to terran units...

Then why not over-buff them to force people to use them and scale it down later like you did with Infestors, Warp prisms... etc or does that theory does not apply to terran units...

That's how terran units started out and now they are being scaled down. Seriously though ravens are one of the most disapponting units in SC2. They really are such a boring unit compared to science vessels (this is true of other units in the BW - SC2 transition but especially ravens).

I don't think it would take too much to change this either.

fanboi

Banned
I guess it would of been funnier it wasn't global play, cause they would need to upgrade every copy they have lol;

People don't care to spend to much money (on something worthless) and i just find it really sad

I have two copies (NA and EU)! :p

Hell I even bought MrKnives a version of NA for him!

Deadman

Maybe stephano wont be in gsl after all

Bonjour Stephano

How are you feeling considering you traveled alot this past few weeks, are you tired?

I am not jetlaged, I just arrived in Sweden and took a good night of sleep. I'm ready for the tournament.

You had a pretty good run at MLG, starting with 5-0'ing your pool, then you got to pretty close games vs MKP, and then, lost to Sase, how was it?

I didn't think I would get 5-0, even though I tought I could get out of the pools with a good score, I was really satisfied of my first day.
Then in the second day I lost to MKP, but I'm not so disapointed... I know I made some mistakes and I'll remember them all my life, it helped me improve. I think that there are steps than you can't climb if you're not playing and loosing against the best so I can't say I'm that disapointed in my result, it keeps me going.
Then against Sase it was just a big blunder, I'm not perfect, I triped.

So you said you want to play against the best, it being the main reason for you to go to Korea, what is your objective there?

Afaik I don't think the GSL schedule is compatible with my stay so I probably won't participate. It'll just be a 3-4 week training to keep improving and then come back on the foreign scene to try to win some tournaments.

You said you were disapointed the first time to stayed there, why do you think it will be different this time?

First, I'll be staying with a team I know - TSL - and then Bling will probably come along so it'll be at least one english speaker I'll be able to talk to. It'll be alot more ... fun.

There was the HOTS test at MLG, did you have the chance to play it? and what do you think?

I tried the first day for about 10 minutes, I didn't have much time. I didn't try everything, just the zerg ones, I tried the ... flying unit that abduct ...

"the viper?"

Yeah. Well, every unit is a bit overpowered compared to the "normal" units, I think they're doing this only to attract attention, it will soon be fixed ... especially the unit I saw with 22 range.. THIS will be changed for sure... it's just to make a buzz, get the crowd going and the game bought.

So you don't have any point of view regarding HOTS?

I could give you one but I don't think it'll be realistic because the game will change soon.

So now that you're starting a new tournament, what are your expectations for DreamHack?

I'd say that obviously I count on winning first place, there aren't that much Koreans here. The only one that could do something would be Hero... and that's all I guess. I can defeat him, he's one of the best PvZ in the world and, I have the best... One of the best ZvP in the world so it will be nice games, I hope we'll get to this in the Finals.

About WCS, you just came back, played, and qualified, it was pretty straitforward. You will be at the Japan Expo. What do you think about this competition, more organised by Blizzard, overall?

I think it is a very good thing that Blizzard involves itself in Sc2 (competitive scene, nldr), they did it first with the Blizzard Cup in Korea. It's a great tourney with a good cash prize, this time it's alot bigger, the majority of the countries have qualifiers, even if they don't get alot of players seeded, like Eastern Europe or South America so I think it's really a great thing that Blizzard focus on a game and I hope it will be a success, that alot of people will watch it or go see it live.

Moving on, what about your schedule in the upcoming weeks?

I will stay in France for WCS, then there's an MLG Arena with the top 8 invited from last time and then... I don't know I think that's all

Note: I think he forgot NASL

Any shoutouts?

Of course! Like always thanks for following me, it's always a pleasure, I hope I am representing France like you would have wanted me to...I do my best to stay at the top and I will continue to train. Then thanks to my team (Millenium, nldr) to send me for all these tournaments and help me to keep improving. And thanks to you.

Oh, so there wasn't anything oficial but you confirm that you'll continue for another year then?

Yeah! Of course.

Chris R

Is there a custom map I need to look for that would help me memorize some build orders (for Zerg)? I mean I know builds, but I want to do them over and over and over until they become second nature for me.

edit: and a youtube video or two would be nice too. Figure if I play for 1-2 hours a day I should be able to improve and get the fuck out of Bronze finally (placed just outside of silver last night :| )

clav

Is there a custom map I need to look for that would help me memorize some build orders (for Zerg)? I mean I know builds, but I want to do them over and over and over until they become second nature for me.

edit: and a youtube video or two would be nice too. Figure if I play for 1-2 hours a day I should be able to improve and get the fuck out of Bronze finally (placed just outside of silver last night :| )

I play Zerg by adapting to what my opponent is doing.

Not sure if doing it by build order is a good idea unless you switch to Protoss
since Protoss is easy.

There are basic concepts (e.g. drone, larvae injects, ov supply, ling/ov scout, deny/eliminate bases). Master those, and you'll be at least a Plat/Diamond player.

zlatko

Banned
zerg build orders are a bad idea in general.

Ha, that's sort of my mentality, but I don't know if it's right. Based on the match up and the map, will depend on just how soon I expand.

Once the expansion is up, do a little quick scouting, hold off that early push that NA ladder is notorious for, then play my defensive economic game to just get to a brood lord army to easily win with.

:p

Ty4on

Seems like my zerg strat is quite common :p

Got me into gold, so go for it! You will reaaaaally hate protoss, but that just makes crushing them that much better.

I don't really blame Stephano. GSL's schedule is pretty terrible, i think the Korean scene will be a lot mroe appealing when there is at least one more big tournament running alongside it.

fanboi

Banned
Played my first game in 7 weeks yesterday...against HardToBeAPro... 41-12 in masters...

Which I would have won if I didn't fuck up my attack.

Top Bottom