• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Jag vet inte!

SotG and Heat getting destroyed so far. So good.

Thunder 29-16 Heat

wtfisthisshit. I swear if Heat lose these finals. GG Chris Bosh you gone.

Edit:

"MKP is overrated"
Stay salty greg.

Haven't listened to the ep yet but it makes sense to focus on MLG here. That was THE event of the year so far. It further solidified MLG as the second biggest tournament in the world behind GSL.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Got my Hotmail back after hours and hours of trial and error :3!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

i3oOA0w8BRdUq.gif

Damn okc

Yoshichan

dota 2 is so fucking good, everyone should play it
I would play it... if someone would fucking play it with me ._. All my buddies play LoL and SC2...

Yoshichan

is there a elitist jerks or arenajunkies equivalent for SC2?
Unfortunately there's no Elitistjerks for SC2. There's not really that much to number crunch :3

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
You still haven't explained to me how to play the game back in the MLG thread.

Okay.

There are 3 lanes in League of Legends, Top, Mid, Bot, and 1 person jungling. Top is usually a brusier that can take a beating and escape easily, mid is often a caster type, and bottom is an attack damage ranged carry with a support helping out. Each jungler is just going around all these lanes trying gank the enemy players to give his team the advantage.

The basic idea of the game is just to last hit minions as much as possible (you get extra gold), easy right? Basically each lane keeps farming minions until a tower falls (laning phase). Once 1 tower falls the laning (farming) phase of the game is over and big 5 man teamfights start happening. This is also a good time to start going after Dragon (more gold and XP) or perhaps even baron (basically the nail the coffin).

That's basically the jist of it. I simplified it quite a bit but there are just so many little nuances to the play it's hard to write them all up.
dota 2 is so fucking good, everyone should play it

It just seems way to hardcore for me, I'll stick to my casual LoL unless my friends start jumping ship or if a Day9 persona appears and teaches me the game.

Yoshichan

What's stopping a team from just going all-in on bottom? Like a dps-race. All 5 people go bottom and screw everything, just go for the goal?

Yoshichan

i want to find a website where as a newbie i can pick up some strategies, macros, build orders, and ways to micromanage effectively to get me started
You can start checking out Day9 dailies on Youtube + watch high level play + go to www.teamliquid.net and go to the forums for some specific tips!

Pancakes

What's stopping a team from just going all-in on bottom? Like a dps-race. All 5 people go bottom and screw everything, just go for the goal?

Because towers in league of legends destroy everything early game and the 5 people would fall behind in farm. Basically what would happen is that the defending team would send 3 people bottom to defend against 5, while the 2 other people push the undefended lanes and get stupidly farmed. And if you allow your enemies to get very farmed, no amount of skill (reasonably) can save you. Not to mention the XP would also be split between the 5 players so they would be underleveled and underfarmed and just get dunked on in the mid game.

I need to play dota2 again. Too much a scrub to play with people, just play with bots lol.

Play league with me you jerkface!

Yoshichan

Because towers in league of legends destroy everything early game and the 5 people would fall behind in farm. Basically what would happen is that the defending team would send 3 people bottom to defend against 5, while the 2 other people push the undefended lanes and get stupidly farmed. And if you allow your enemies to get very farmed, no amount of skill (reasonably) can save you. Not to mention the XP would also be split between the 5 players so they would be underleveled and underfarmed and just get dunked on in the mid game.
Thanks!!
You should just try it.
Yeah some day definitely... just need to find time + 4 other people, I take it :/.

Thanks!!

Yeah some day definitely... just need to find time + 4 other people, I take it :/.

You can play with pubs, I can't recommend the experience though, the game is way more fun with a full team of friends, or at least 2 others.

The main reason I burn out on League/DotA games is always the horrible, horrible teammates.

Pancakes

You can play with pubs, I can't recommend the experience though, the game is way more fun with a full team of friends, or at least 2 others.

The main reason I burn out on League/DotA games is always the horrible, horrible teammates.

The game isn't too bad so long as you don't start playing Ranked seriously, that shit will burst your blood vessels. Just play normals and have fun. That said I find that stopping after 2 losses (whether it's SC2 or LoL) will save you a great deal of suffering.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
gave up on the blizzard downloader and went and found a torrent of the game.

blizz doiwnloader: 10 hours = 15%
torrent: 2 hours = 100%

>_>

Yoshichan

I am so confused right now...

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
You guys are jerks.

Anyway, I just watched all the good GSL games as VODs.

BBong not bad, ACE actually knowing how to play fucking Protoss correctly. Nestea with lol.
Queen buff is stupid.

Top Bottom