• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Holden

Thing is LoL has such a pathetic competitive metagame.

90% of the wins at this MLG was determined by 12minutes.

DOTA4LYFE

And i find it sad people have to pay (OR PLAY BILLIONZ OF HOURS) to play every hero in the game

Q8D3vil

Hugoboss21 Thing is LoL has such a pathetic competitive metagame.

90% of the wins at this MLG was determined by 12minutes.

DOTA4LYFE

And i find it sad people have to pay (OR PLAY BILLIONZ OF HOURS) to play every hero in the game
gotta love fanboys, but let me learn when dota2 reach half lol numbers.

MrKnives

Hugo we need to play some day. Friend got his own key.

Also when is the arcade going to be implemented to normal client? Played with it few times, seems ok

Holden

wat, i played a fuck ton of LoL. But i stoped when better games came out ( Starcraft 2 ). And i heard when riot got bought by that chinease (?) company, i heard the game just got worse. Paying 7-8$ per hero, no thank you.

Dota is just superior in every way, but people like super casual games and that's why the competitive scene got popular.

Hugo we need to play some day. Friend got his own key.

Sure Brah!

Q8D3vil

wat, i played a fuck ton of LoL. But i stoped when better games came out ( Starcraft 2 ). And i heard when riot got bought by that chinease (?) company, i heard the game just got worse. Paying 7-8$ per hero, no thank you.

Dota is just superior in every way, but people like super casual games and that's why the competitive scene got popular.

Sure Brah!

ur not reading what im writing, i said that LoL will have bigger community and competitive scene, that have nothing to do with the game or the champions.
the only thing i hate about dota2 is some characters (tons of passive abilities, i love actives) and very very awkward animations but thats personal preference.

edit: and yeah sc2 is the better game between them all but its imbalance as fuck.

ksan

Do you even know what PPTV is?
Cause LoL viewer numbers ain't shit compared to Dota 1 viewer numbers.
And even in Dota 2 TI1 had 1.5 million concurrent viewers, and the PIS/Yaphets showmatch 400k...

Holden

mostly cause its beta...

i didn't watch sc2 untill i was in.

and ya, chinease players still play dota 1 probably cause of garena.

Holden

ya garena --;

Oh and dota2 is getting the options to buy specific tournament REPLAYS (including the casters point of view + audio) all in game.

Sup sc2?

edit: //: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Dota2

Q8D3vil

ya garena --;

Oh and dota2 is getting the options to buy specific tournament REPLAYS (including the casters point of view + audio) all in game.

Sup sc2?

edit: //: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Dota2

but anyone can share these replays right ? or is done ingame ?

ultron87

Guys stop talking about the Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men of e-sports. This thread is about a game that is actually enjoyable to watch.

zlatko

Banned
I said e-sports.

AsnH3.gif

yo e sports aaaaAAAAAaaaa.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
There, PMed a mod about name change :3

D******

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
awesome, im interested in jungling, any specific replay help me understand the role better ?

For a start Jungling isn't something you should always run in Dota, it can be very difficult to solo and very few heroes can handle it well.

No idea about good videos as I've never had to look but it seems like YouTube has some decent ones. As for heroes check out Lycan, Furion, Dark Seer, and Enigma. There are plenty of others but they're pretty easy.

Hey guys, i got starcraft 2 this week. My roomamte last year was really into it and played a ton. I don't have experience with RTS and i'm terrible, but if there are some low level players on here that want a non-competitive non-ranked game, shoot me a pm. I'm sick of playing the computer. Just trying to improve.

Keikaku

Hey guys, i got starcraft 2 this week. My roomamte last year was really into it and played a ton. I don't have experience with RTS and i'm terrible, but if there are some low level players on here that want a non-competitive non-ranked game, shoot me a pm. I'm sick of playing the computer. Just trying to improve.
I'm Plat so not really low level but PM sent :)

Also, what's your BNet ID and number?

Keikaku

60% of the active 1v1 playerbase; in terms of the total playerbase you'd be closer to 90%
Active playerbase is the one that matters though. Obviously I'm miles better than someone who last played the game a year ago or whatever but that doesn't count >.>

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Active playerbase is the one that matters though. Obviously I'm miles better than someone who last played the game a year ago or whatever but that doesn't count >.>

well i was thinking about custom and filthy team game players; but those guys too.

Sliver

How long do you guys honestly think SC2 has, and if not a lot, what HoTS/Blizz needs to do to make it prosper? Large LoL numbers and BW/SC2 players making the switch to LoL scares me quite a bit, mostly because I find it so fucking boring.

GSL studio numbers tonight had like 16 people, compared to the hundreds that used to show up for MBC/OGN BW shows, which is what LoL is pulling. It's just puny.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
How long do you guys honestly think SC2 has, and if not a lot, what HoTS/Blizz needs to do to make it prosper? Large LoL numbers and BW/SC2 players making the switch to LoL scares me quite a bit, mostly because I find it so fucking boring.

GSL studio numbers tonight had like 16 people, compared to the hundreds that used to show up for MBC/OGN BW shows, which is what LoL is pulling. It's just puny.

Kespa going SC2 will be huge for korea because alot of the popular faces will be playing it.

Keep in mind GSL studios are not in ideal position like OGN studios are so its harder for people to come.

ultron87

Another game being bigger doesn't mean SC2 is suddenly going to up and die. And a lot of the LoL numbers come from Riot turning their existing player base into viewers and not from converting viewers from other games. Blizzard could learn a thing or two from them on that front.

twofold

I thought Quake Live was pretty popular? And at least you're getting Tribes Ascend and Shootmania for your fixes as well.

QL is dying. Outside of Dreamhack and Quakecon, there aren't many tournaments. It sucks considering it's one of the best competitive esports with an amazing amount of skill needed to succeed at it.

Tribes Ascend is fun to play, but I find it dull to watch. Shootmania doesn't look interesting to me at all. Maybe my opinion will change once they show more of the game.

I think HOTS will give SC2 a nice shot in the arm, but we'll be back to normal after 7-9 months. The game simply can't match LoL in terms of being casual friendly; Blizzard could certainly help by making team games more viable/supported. Regardless, they need to stream matches inside the game client as Riot does imo.

It's interesting that SC2 has pretty much set the infastructure for LoL/DOTA2 to take over. IPL put up huge numbers thanks to LoL, and the recent MLG did as well. Dreamhack had about twice as many people watching LoL as SC2 online. I don't see that changing, especially with so few foreigners winning throughout the year, and no good North American players to revive interest. I think EG and many others thought Huk would be that bankable star, but that hasn't happened.

The game is going to become popular in Korea thanks to BW players switching, but it won't surpass LoL there. I do think more than a few pros will start moving to that game. From a foreigner's perspective, LoL might offer a larger financial incentive (the scene is apparently not dominated by one region apparently). And from a Korean SC2 perspective, I'd imagine players will weigh either staying in the improving but never particularly energetic Korean scene, joining a foreigner team and traveling the world, or staying home to play LoL in front of huge crowds

Top Bottom