• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Draft

I just scouted a six pool, reacted fast enough to get down a forge and chrono a zealot, defended pressure for like 3 minutes, stabilized and won the game. That is basically the greatest thing that I have ever done in SC2. This is all at low silver/high bronze so clumsy, sloppy and ugly, but man am I ever proud of myself.

The z didn't even give me a GG. Feels good, man.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I just scouted a six pool, reacted fast enough to get down a forge and chrono a zealot, defended pressure for like 3 minutes, stabilized and won the game. That is basically the greatest thing that I have ever done in SC2. This is all at low silver/high bronze so clumsy, sloppy and ugly, but man am I ever proud of myself.

Ladder again right after so you face them again.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My left ear is working again :D:D:D::D IM SO HAPPY!

Holden

ifs97.png

yaaaa foreighners!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
But bw... why...

FoxSpirit

In terms of playstyle, Steph is #1. You watch his stream and everything seems so calm, almost relaxed. Evereyone else, you get this crazy sense of speed and hectic but Steph, oh no. And then he wins anyway.

Idra proves mechanics don't matter if you approach the game poorly. He got away for awhile due to BW mechanics, but was far behind of every Zerg meta game shift. Stephano and others are doing quite fine against most Protoss while Idra continues to flounder.

He came back from Korea earlier this year with refreshed mechanics but once again failed to improve on anything else

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Idra proves mechanics don't matter if you approach the game poorly. He got away for awhile due to BW mechanics, but was far behind of every Zerg meta game shift. Stephano and others are doing quite fine against most Protoss while Idra continues to flounder.

He came back from Korea earlier this year with refreshed mechanics but once again failed to improve on anything else

That's what I kinda enjoy about SC2 over BW, since macro is easier players can focus more on developing strategies and metagames instead of relying purely on better mechanics.

Deadman

I dont think idras mechanics are even that good anymore, the other day i saw him playing some random ladder terran and he was being pulled all over the place by this guys drops, losing base after base. Every time 1a'ing his entire army to one place.

Ecto311

I remember the first time I scouted a dark shrine and had a raven ready for the rush. Was awesome. Sucks when you fall to that stupid shit later though.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
ooof I'm rusty. Played my first 2 games back and I lost both. Both to silver players. One a low level and one a top 8. Gotta keep grinding

Keikaku

Just bought this game, first RTS in a while but I did play a lot of AoE2, is the campaign a good teacher?
Not in my opinion. It's decent enough for getting you familiar with some of the units and the very basics of the game (i.e. what are supply depots for, what buildings make what units) though only for Terran, but it does jack all to prepare you for multiplayer.

Just bought this game, first RTS in a while but I did play a lot of AoE2, is the campaign a good teacher?
Hi I'm more or less in the same boat as you just a bit further along. IMO campaign doesn't help at all, play versus AI for a bit to get used to things and try some basic build orders. Play practice ladder because real people, even terribly bad ones, will throw you situations which the AI just won't but bear in mind that it's a lot slower than ladder and whilst the rocks help you from early cheese they really don't prepare you what you'll face later.

Check some basic build orders for your race at liquipedia and maybe watch some tutorials on yt.

Top Bottom