• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

mbmonk

I was thinking about skipping the practice league games.. but then I remembered that I sucked ass, and probably should at least get some practice in before losing all my placement matches. Sucking at Starcraft fo' life! ... Yo!?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I was thinking about skipping the practice league games.. but then I remembered that I sucked ass, and probably should at least get some practice in before losing all my placement matches. Sucking at Starcraft fo' life! ... Yo!?

you're better off playing against the AI, practice league game pace is at normal (ladder games are at fastest) so your pacing will be well off, and all the maps in practice league have rocks to prevent any kind of early agression.

mbmonk

you're better off playing against the AI, practice league game pace is at normal (ladder games are at fastest) so your pacing will be well off, and all the maps in practice league have rocks to prevent any kind of early agression.

Thank you for pointing that out. I had no idea. Thank you again.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Whew just finished laddering after not playing for a bit. Won 3 in a row, lost to Terran cheese, won 3 in a row again.

I'm closing in on Diamond (once the ladder unlocks).

Pollux

I'm pretty damn bad as well. Must be a Kentucky thing.

FoxSpirit

This is always terrifying...and a bit entertaining.

rebuild.jpg
aka me getting actual income from 3 bases :p
Seriously, 2 base is okay with a macro hatch but when 80 drones are all actually harvesting my income is being my spending abilities ;-)

Oh yeah, finally got placed, bronzing it up like a champ :D

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Listen here you 49'ers lovin' nancy boy... WELL... I can't think of anything to say so I am just going to STFU and move on... TAKE THAT!

*I vaguely remember you being a 49'ers fan, if not then I am sorry :)

*looks at my avatar* umm yep!

But college wise im a Michigan fan.

mbmonk

*looks at my avatar* umm yep!

But college wise im a Michigan fan.

I have Avatars turned off sry. I assumed you changed it by now :).

Michigan Football.... HAH! Well at least you can say you aren't Penn State I guess.

EDIT: I didn't know Michigan was the all time leader in wins and winning percentage in football. Interesting.

EDIT 2: I am off to lose my first Bronze match. Have fun. Hopefully I will see you all on tomorrow night (EST). Later.

Pollux

I have Avatars turned off sry. I assumed you changed it by now :).

Michigan Football.... HAH! Well at least you can say you aren't Penn State I guess.

EDIT: I didn't know Michigan was the all time leader in wins and winning percentage in football. Interesting.

EDIT 2: I am off to lose my first Bronze match. Have fun. Hopefully I will see you all on tomorrow night (EST). Later.

I'm bronze too and also pretty bad, let me know if you want to do a friendly match.

mbmonk

I'm bronze too and also pretty bad, let me know if you want to do a friendly match.

I sent you a PM. I would love to get a friendly match going.

I am going to call it a night for now. I got my first win. I don't want to ruin the rare taste of VICTORY! :p

so much bronze, i dont know who to make fun of first.

I suggest you start with the "Man in the Mirror", per Miguel Jackson

FoxSpirit

Btw, is there currently any good map to quickly practice army clashes. My ZvP deathball encounters do slowly get better but they are still far from good. So any map that let's me train that would be great.

Zzoram

Btw, is there currently any good map to quickly practice army clashes. My ZvP deathball encounters do slowly get better but they are still far from good. So any map that let's me train that would be great.

Shakuras Plateau is a nice army clash map since there is really only 1 open middle area to fight in.

FoxSpirit

Shakuras Plateau is a nice army clash map since there is really only 1 open middle area to fight in.
I need a custom map... not hope for Sahkuras to pop up and then have a 30% of fighting a Toss. At least FFE is standard there even in bronze. Damn, when this game came out, people in bronze didn't even know what that was, let alone the construction of a proper deathball o_O

Keikaku

I need a custom map... not hope for Sahkuras to pop up and then have a 30% of fighting a Toss. At least FFE is standard there even in bronze. Damn, when this game came out, people in bronze didn't even know what that was, let alone the construction of a proper deathball o_O
Darglien's Micro Trainer. I'm not too sure about the spelling (you might need to switch the 'i' and 'e' around) but it has multiple difficulty levels and different unit comps. It's a really good custom map.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
dota2 community seems awesome

ksan

Everyone needs to cheer for Naama now!
Him being drunk is gonna be one of the highlights of the next HomeStory Cup then

mbmonk

I wish they would give you the option in match making to only play against similar skill levels, even if that means taking longer to match you up. That would be beneficial for me.

FoxSpirit

Naama is playing ace and making everyone cry with Terran.

And seriously, as Zerg, you NEED to put on pressure early. Letting anyone FE is like a deathish for the 3rd and 2 base vs 2 base? Have fun with the allins >.<

mbmonk

I know it's pathetic to brag, but I beat a cannon rusher and it felt soooo good :). YES! YES! YES!

cgt.jpg

EDIT: I am a terrible bronze player so that is why I am happy.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Satisfying, ye?

mbmonk

I have been stealing the strategies that have people used to beat me, and so far, despite being completely unoriginal, the results have been rather good. In terms of learning the game and getting some wins Bronze league at least.

I had to look up how to beat MMM as Protoss. That strategy gives me a headache.

HolyCheck

I have been stealing the strategies that have people used to beat me, and so far, despite being completely unoriginal, the results have been rather good. In terms of learning the game and getting some wins Bronze league at least.

I had to look up how to beat MMM as Protoss. That strategy gives me a headache.

Don't worry TOO much at the moment about strategies, yes it's good to have some basic ones! but this early on, if you are able to out macro and just attack move your vast superior numbers you'll be pretty good.

you'll have better mechanics too later on : )

keep in mind I suck.. but if anyone good here agrees with me please say so!

mbmonk

Don't worry TOO much at the moment about strategies, yes it's good to have some basic ones! but this early on, if you are able to out macro and just attack move your vast superior numbers you'll be pretty good.

you'll have better mechanics too later on : )

keep in mind I suck.. but if anyone good here agrees with me please say so!

Thanks. I am trying to improve my macro. I play random so it takes a bit to just learn each race.

I am working on trying to have a general plan and keep my money low. Normally my money gets so high that I just expand in order to spend it. That has been working pretty well; though it isn't the ideal way to handle the situation I assume.

Thanks for the tips.

I just did my first Baneling bust against a Terran. So much fun :)

Man it's kind of weird not having any tournaments to care about (I didn't watch any of the Blizz Cup, just looked at the results lol). Feels good knowing the pros are somewhere practicing as I type this. Can't wait for next year

HolyCheck

Man it's kind of weird not having any tournaments to care about (I didn't watch any of the Blizz Cup, just looked at the results lol). Feels good knowing the pros are somewhere practicing as I type this. Can't wait for next year

Home story cup korean qualies are on in 3 - 4 hours :D

Top Bottom