• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
First result, really?

Omzz8.jpg

ultron87

My account is free from the shackles of the authenticator that was on my broken iPod! Hooray! And I only had to take a picture of my driver's license and send it to Blizzard. I guess if your real name isn't on your Bnet account you are totally boned.

Now to add one in for my new iPod and actually write down the "restore code" thing.

Playing last night made me think that I might try to get back into playing more again.

Deadly

The original agreement between MLG and GSL through the League Exchange Program (LXP) stated that the highest ranked player in the Top 3 from each MLG Pro Circuit event in 2011 who did not already have Code S status would be granted Code S status at GSL for one season.

With the announcement of the 2012 GSL season, their format changed and GSL changed the MLG Providence Code S invite to two spots at the GSL Blizzard Cup and Naniwa was awarded one of these spots. Unfortunately, the change was made without notification to MLG but it is within GSL's jurisdiction to adjust placement.
Well that sucks

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
what a shitty agreement they made

even if naniwa deserved punishment that's extremely deceptive to both mlg, the viewers, and the competitors who were there
You really believe that anyone anywhere would sign away their ability to exclude players based on their conduct? Maybe you should read some ToS because every one you read will include a bit where they reserve a right to give you the boot for any reason.

it would be a shitty agreement if they signed that away.

Deadly

You really believe that anyone anywhere would sign away their ability to exclude players based on their conduct? Maybe you should read some ToS because every one you read will include a bit where they reserve a right to give you the boot for any reason.

I think he's referring to the change GOM made without notifying MLG. Not the kick of Naniwa. Though ToS' always have a term that they can change things whenever they want too :lol

ksan

Naniwa - MLG relation
1. MLG says the highest placing non Code S player gets a Code S spot.
2. Naniwa Wins -> MLG has an obligation to Naniwa

MLG - GOM relation
1. GOM says that the highest placing non Code S player gets a Code S spot, but according to MLG they are allowed to change this whenever they want.
2. GOM changes it's format, doesn't inform MLG.

On top of that GOM actually used their invites to Providence, which makes the fact that they didn't inform MLG extraordinarily strange.

I'm pretty sure when I say that GOM is not a very good business partner.

Sliver

Can't wait for the exclusive broadcasting rights that Gom has to drop..wonder if bigger and better tournaments will start up.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Can't wait for the exclusive broadcasting rights that Gom has to drop..wonder if bigger and better tournaments will start up.

Of course they will. That doesn't mean GOM is going to die out or anything but it will be better for the viewers since competition will force companies to produce better shows.

(And maybe lower prices on subs too)

Mairu

I think he's referring to the change GOM made without notifying MLG. Not the kick of Naniwa. Though ToS' always have a term that they can change things whenever they want too :lol

^

I was obviously referring to MLG's agreement with GOM

I love how people spout all this bullshit about Korean honor when the shady shit that's happened this year is mostly coming out of Korea.

Zzoram

The only one in Korea who can challenge GOM is OGN, and they're even MORE restrictive and authoritarian. OGN also has a terrible track record of interacting with foreigners and does not care at all about having foreign viewers.

GOM isn't perfect but it will improve with time, and it's probably going to be the only Korean Starcraft league that provides English commentary for the lifetime of SC2.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
In a recent interview (in Chinese), the coach of the Chinese team Invictus Gaming, iG.EdIsOn, revealed that he is planning to organize a China Union Team to participate in GSTL after Chinese New Year (23rd, Jan).

EdIsOn said during his stay at WCG, he talked with some Korean coaches about setting up a team for GSTL. He is still in negotiation with GOMTV over some details and expects to get confirmed ASAP. Once confirmed, he will set about organizing the team. The China Union Team will consist of around five players from different Chinese teams.

So if everything goes well, they are expected to appear in GSTL 2012 Season 1 (27th, Jan).

Awesome!
http://bbs.plu.cn/thread-1927449-1-2.html

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
People can add you on battle.net from your ID and identifier (e.g. 123) which you can see when you try to add someone else.
You can also join the NeoGAF chat channel on the Americas Server.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
David Kim thinks the balance is good? o_O

David Kim should watch the last funday monday, where one player gets moneydumped and makes only marines all game, then kills large armies composed of units that "hard counter" marines, including tanks, banelings, and colossi. Just sayin'. The guy didn't even micro. Just a-moved and killed !@#$. 7 tanks and a few colossi supported by other units vs about 60 marines with a few medivacs, and the marines won? Yeah. Balanced.
Watch out we got a Gold Leaguer here.

Zzoram

In a recent interview (in Chinese), the coach of the Chinese team Invictus Gaming, iG.EdIsOn, revealed that he is planning to organize a China Union Team to participate in GSTL after Chinese New Year (23rd, Jan).

EdIsOn said during his stay at WCG, he talked with some Korean coaches about setting up a team for GSTL. He is still in negotiation with GOMTV over some details and expects to get confirmed ASAP. Once confirmed, he will set about organizing the team. The China Union Team will consist of around five players from different Chinese teams.

So if everything goes well, they are expected to appear in GSTL 2012 Season 1 (27th, Jan).

Awesome!
http://bbs.plu.cn/thread-1927449-1-2.html

If only foreigners could get their act together and form a new F.United team with Huk, Idra, Jinro, TLO, MorroW, Naniwa, SaSe for GSTL.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
There is only one person I dislike more then Metzen... and that's David Kim.

So, I'm still just playing against the computer to get more comfortable with Zerg, but I think I am! I think I have the opening down to where I'm comfortable using it, I just need to learn how to manage larvae better, and how to transition to the mid-game. And how to scout. And how to be more aggressive. And...

Aylinato

So, I'm still just playing against the computer to get more comfortable with Zerg, but I think I am! I think I have the opening down to where I'm comfortable using it, I just need to learn how to manage larvae better, and how to transition to the mid-game. And how to scout. And how to be more aggressive. And...

play team games like a true champion.

Yoshichan

So after over 40 games played today... I finally got my first rage PM! :D

nvJH1.jpg

Yoshichan

Wtf??
And really, 40 games? 6 pooling it like a champ I see :p

I played one match today on meta, it lasted me 45 minutes. Phew. :-D
Yeah, I love terran 6 pool :) I just counted the games, 36 games. So yeah.

Yoshichan

Okay, okay, 2 rax proxy ;-)
I don't even know how to 2 rax proxy anymore :( My macro goes to the shitter... always stack up 5 marines on each rax... how the mighty cheeser has fallen.

Yoshichan

36 is a lot in a row. I guess I get frustrated too easily.
I stopped giving a shit after my finger got healed.

Top Bottom