• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Battle.net problems finally solved... Jesus Christ.

edit: WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WITH THIS PIECE OF HOLY SHITTY TITTIES GAME? WHY IS IT WORKING ONE SECOND AND THEN I TRY ONE MINUTE LATER AND EVERYTHING IN THE MENUS ARE SLOW AS FUCK?!

Snowman

No idea why Idra hates MKP so much. MKP has been a top 5 Terran since 2010 and has been very consistently great.

Isn't it more of a joke at this point anyway? I remember him saying mkp has to stop playing/retire eventually, and when he does everyone will have to admit that idra was right all along.. Doesn't seem like serious hate to me.

J2d

edit: WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WITH THIS PIECE OF HOLY SHITTY TITTIES GAME? WHY IS IT WORKING ONE SECOND AND THEN I TRY ONE MINUTE LATER AND EVERYTHING IN THE MENUS ARE SLOW AS FUCK?!
You think that's bad, I just bought Diablo 3 and when I started the game battle.net locked my account for suspicious activity lol.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You think that's bad, I just bought Diablo 3 and when I started the game battle.net locked my account for suspicious activity lol.
Oh, I know about that game allright.

Snowman

Seems okay to me yoshi

Yoshichan

TwitchTV chat, I love it.

lPRt5.png

Yoshichan

Apparently contaminate counters the immortal allin, or help atleast

Zerg -> find solution
Terran -> whine
You missed one brah.

Protoss -> lol

Yoshichan

Hard to get good at the game as protoss. Yes.

Snowman

A pretty decent TL blog on the relationships in Esports in general from one of the TL admins spurred, and in address to, the whole StoG Anvilo thing.
http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=349101

SC2 Awkward Egos, Dealing with popularity, and ESPORTS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02PYncegCuw&hd=1

Just watched it and damn he made some good points.

The thing about the reason Day9 isn't on sotg any more is so obvious now I don't know how I missed it.

Kinda forget these people are just people sometimes.

Yoshichan

She would still beat both of you 2v1

Yoshichan

did you even play brood war?
I like the fact that your question doesn't have anything to do with what I said, so nice fail there brah.

Also; lol, I played bw more than both you and your partner together

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
getting random crashes while playing; cant ladder reliably because of it. :( i was just getting back to my sea account too.

oh well, running the repair tool. damn this thing takes forever.

Wunder

I haven't watched the full video from Kennigit yet, but a recent discussion with a friend of mine - I really dislike how community figures, like Kennigit, tweet criticisms or pessimistic one-liners and yet have the ability to create a rational argument or explain a situation.

If they are in a position where they are embedded into the community and have that position, they should act on their criticisms rather than sit back and say, "I'm not in a privileged enough position to risk my relationships with these other figures" and yet coat their tweets in snark and negativity in the scene while refusing to act on it themselves.

If the scene needs to evolve, be one of the people to start the evolution.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I haven't watched the full video from Kennigit yet, but a recent discussion with a friend of mine - I really dislike how community figures, like Kennigit, tweet criticisms or pessimistic one-liners and yet have the ability to create a rational argument or explain a situation.

If they are in a position where they are embedded into the community and have that position, they should act on their criticisms rather than sit back and say, "I'm not in a privileged enough position to risk my relationships with these other figures" and yet coat their tweets in snark and negativity in the scene while refusing to act on it themselves.

If the scene needs to evolve, be one of the people to start the evolution.

you should watch the full video.

Wunder

you should watch the full video.

So I've finished watching the video, and most of what I say seems to still stand, though his video doesn't address the industry as a whole and rather simply the 'awkward egos', but his tweets and the tweets of others certainly have tried to talk about the industry.

Again, his advice, at the end of the 33 minute long video, was that he had no advice. He thought it would be best for the players or community figures to 'experience it' themselves. Certainly there can be a measured response, rather than "Just do whatever and if you fuck up and aren't popular/smart/good enough to fix it, too bad." Honestly, he can say he wants to create x and do y but there will always be an excuse for why that will never come to fruition, and continuing to dole out one-liners in the mean time is most definitely not helping the situation.

Snowman

Man it's nice to have a good/big tournament that's in british time :p it says it starts again at 18:10 and that's the time it *actually* starts again :eek:

Watching it kinda makes me upset that I didn't manage to get tickets for it in the end though :(

Top Bottom