• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Deadman

Its because yoshi is an mkp hipster, he loved him before it was cool.

Personally i still call him EllenPage, because im a super hardcore mkp hipster.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
no. it has nothing to do with that. are you kidding me?

Snowman

Demuslim just went 3 factory with reactors hellions o.o he stopped mining gas and just massed em up, now transitioning into mech after killing like 25 drones

Aaron

Demuslim just went 3 factory with reactors hellions o.o he stopped mining gas and just massed em up, now transitioning into mech after killing like 25 drones
UK Nationals are the saddest excuse for pro SC2 I've ever seen, and I've seen idra play.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
To a point, there's a limit on how many production buildings you want per base really and generally if you have an opening to spend resources on "not army" you should be spending it on bases/tech/upgrades instead.

It depends on why. If you feel comfortable cutting army production because your opponent is too you have to get a sense of if you can punish that behavior or not with aggression. Sometimes the answer is "go fucking kill him", and other times you wouldn't be able to break him with an attack so it's better to slack on the units and invest elsewhere. In general though extra production buildings are kinda low down on the priority list. Extra production is only very useful as you're approaching max supply. Earlier on in the game investing in production isn't very useful because you can't afford to use it well. If you're going to skimp on units, your economy and tech tree is a better investment imo.

Ok, thanks.

Snowman

I only watched a few games here and there. Maybe I just caught the dull ones.

Probably, there was a pretty cool zvz where it got to ultras vs BLs and the guy with ultras won.. and demuslim basically doing a new (kinda cheesey) build with triple factory hellions to counter the new 6 queen style was pretty cool too.

I mean obviously it's not the gsl or anything, but I'd say the games have been at least as good as the USA nationals not that that's a particularly high bar.

Edit: The finals have just started: Ziktomini VS Demuslim! Go watch UK Starcraft-age - http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/ESL_TV

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
:(

Why do you call him foxer then?
It's just like how couples calls each other "baby", "hun" etc! I call him FoxeR because it sounds so much cuter~ ♥

Striek

Demuslim plays shit at LANs for some reason.

Pretty much everyone except this Zikto wouldn't rate against any top NA player. Some of the standard of play in the later rounds of this tourney was pretty fucking bad.

Snowman

Demuslim plays shit at LANs for some reason.

Pretty much everyone except this Zikto wouldn't rate against any top NA player. Some of the standard of play in the later rounds of this tourney was pretty fucking bad.

Really? You weren't impressed with jonnyrecco at all? He seemed pretty good.

Then again, it has been mostly TvZs and I'm terrible at judging anything where a protoss isn't involved :p

Striek

I was not. His ZvZ was not noteworthy and I didn't see game 1 vs. Demuslim, but game 2 was ok but honestly Demuslim did stupid shit more than anything, and game 3 was dumb mistakes and bad strategy (except the awesome bane landmines, which again was more Demuslim being stupid).

The first games I saw of the tourney were the first losers round of some guy vs. some girl, then I skipped out until Ourk vs. Phamut and those two series were so bad they're probably influencing my opinions of the rest of the matches I saw, so its possible I'm being too critical. I still can't believe Phamut mangled that basetrade and died with 5000 minerals, lol.

Snowman

I was not. His ZvZ was not noteworthy and I didn't see game 1 vs. Demuslim, but game 2 was ok but honestly Demuslim did stupid shit more than anything, and game 3 was dumb mistakes and bad strategy (except the awesome bane landmines, which again was more Demuslim being stupid).

The first games I saw of the tourney were the first losers round of some guy vs. some girl, then I skipped out until Ourk vs. Phamut and those two series were so bad they're probably influencing my opinions of the rest of the matches I saw, so its possible I'm being too critical. I still can't believe Phamut mangled that basetrade and died with 5000 minerals, lol.

Ah fair enough, didn't manage to catch any of Ourk's games which kinda sucked cause I know he's probably UK's best toss outside of Bling. I had pretty low expectations going in so I was more impressed because of that I think.

Paches

OSL SC2 prelims later tonight! Is there any kind of official stream I need to sign up for or is it free? I don't know how you watch it until a stream link appears on TL.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Heh, I remember $20 donating to that. I also remember watching a day9 daily a few days after the donation drive where he was talking about being unable to cover his rent or something equally inane. I think that was when I started to become disenchanted with the day9 'brand'.

Yep, I threw 20 bucks at him as well for his troubles, never again.

Yoshichan

Day9 works a lot!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Feels like every 3 months FXO changes who they stream with. First twitch, then owned, then back to twitch, now youtube? lol :p

zargle

The life of a zerg unit, prettily illustrated.
tumblr_m6htsbLYw01qz9bu3o1_500.jpg

Yoshichan

Got high res of that :3?

Yoshichan

Thank you ♥ Corran ♥

Vaporak

OSL SC2 prelims later tonight! Is there any kind of official stream I need to sign up for or is it free? I don't know how you watch it until a stream link appears on TL.

I'm not expecting much to be streamed, it's just the preliminaries. Also, seems like OGN still hasn't made any announcements for an English broadcast yet. :(

Top Bottom