• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

hamchan

Lol, Dragon's strat of moving his CC to the gold and rushing with all his scvs except one at the start of the game is working out very well against these plat level players.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
TL map winner

pCKlarge.jpg

Trickster

TL map winner

Is this a map that good players have actually played on and said was a good map? Because it looks really wonky.

Edit - 2 points from the 770 that should be what is required for diamond on EU according to blizzard. I'm pretty much only meeting diamond now as well. Love this game when I can see I'm moving up in the world :D

How big are the mains? It looks like a siege tank on the low ground at the 3rd wouldn't be far off hitting the gas geysers. Not a big deal but could make for some scary pushes

Keikaku

Is this a map that good players have actually played on and said was a good map? Because it looks really wonky.

Edit - 2 points from the 770 that should be what is required for diamond on EU according to blizzard. I'm pretty much only meeting diamond now as well. Love this game when I can see I'm moving up in the world :D

The map has been tested on ESL matches with Korean pros. It's apparently pretty good.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
That's good to know. I certainly find this map to be more interesting and unique than anythign blizzard is making for the most part (i guess i should give the new maps a chance tough).

Word. Looking at it is actually interesting, and I can only imagine a slow terran push down the main road, blocking the ramps as he continues his path

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Looks like a great map to me :p
Replied to your post in that GOTY thread Yoshi.

Invest more time into UMvC3 alongside your SC2. Dat Nova <3
&#9829; I just read it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow... I just played Scrap Station for the first time in months... what a great map.

Yeah.

Great map.

fanboi

Banned
Why act like a dumb player not realizing how ramp size DOES affect matchup balance on the maps? You could actually...you know...THINK a second instead :D

But whatever you feel like doing :)

I haven't checked the map in depth but just because it has a ramp doesn't mean its imbalanced... just stay away from that spot when an engament occurs if you play Z...

V_Arnold

I haven't checked the map in depth but just because it has a ramp doesn't mean its imbalanced... just stay away from that spot when an engament occurs if you play Z...

I did not say that :D But there is a reason why Shakuras is nearly bullshit for Zergs in all matchups, excluding mirrors. Check out its ramp size.

mbmonk

Can someone give me a short explanation on ramp size and Zerg? What is the basic argument that is going on here? I just am ignorant on this matter. Apologies.

Can someone give me a short explanation on ramp size and Zerg? What is the basic argument that is going on here? I just am ignorant on this matter. Apologies.

You want to avoid a bottleneck situation. You don't want your units to be going single fire into the enemy because the strength of Zerg is it's quantity of units and its speed. You are going for a surround, and a narrow choke point in the form of a narrow ramp eliminates this possibility. You want to avoid a confrontation near ramps.

Yoshichan

Forcefield

KSCHIIOO SCHSIOOO SCHIOOOO (that's the sound it makes)

Yoshichan

I was confused until you added the sound effects. Nicely done. :p
:D Here are some other sounds...

Stutter stepping marine that gets hit by banelings: DRRTRRR DRTTRR DRTR *UAAAHHOO*
Roach spits acid and dies: SCHHHHHHHHH SCHHHSHSHSHSHHHHHH

Man, I should work for Blizzard and do a SC2-version for the deaf.

mbmonk

:D Here are some other sounds...

Stutter stepping marine that gets hit by banelings: DRRTRRR DRTTRR DRTR *UAAAHHOO*
Roach spits acid and dies: SCHHHHHHHHH SCHHHSHSHSHSHHHHHH

Man, I should work for Blizzard and do a SC2-version for the deaf.

I think you have just properly identified your calling in life. :)

Corran Horn

Why act like a dumb player not realizing how ramp size DOES affect matchup balance on the maps? You could actually...you know...THINK a second instead :D

But whatever you feel like doing :)
Need more qq.

Let's play the map before people say shit about it mmmm'kay.

mbmonk

Anyone know how to get an RSS feed of Blizzards Starcraft 2 blog?

This post needs to be in the OP.

I agree. It would be nice info to have in the OP.

I am in Bronze; In my last 20 games I am 12 - 8. I think my current ladder points are 301, which is no where near the suggested 1,200 to be moved up. I am sitting at 6th in my current division though.
EDIT: I started playing MP on the 17th, but the season was locked on the 13th so I don't think I can be promoted between seasons.

It seems the general consensus is that the Silver league has significantly less cheese than Bronze. If that is true I look forward to moving up to Silver, if and when that day comes.

Anyone know how to get an RSS feed of Blizzards Starcraft 2 blog?

I agree. It would be nice info to have in the OP.

I am in Bronze; In my last 20 games I am 12 - 8. I think my current ladder points are 301, which is no where near the suggested 1,200 to be moved up. I am sitting at 6th in my current division though.
EDIT: I started playing MP on the 17th, but the season was locked on the 13th so I don't think I can be promoted between seasons.

It seems the general consensus is that the Silver league has significantly less cheese than Bronze. If that is true I look forward to moving up to Silver, if and when that day comes.

Wasn't like that last time I laddered. If anything I think it gets worse, although the composition of leagues may have changed a bit, I don't think I've laddered since July.

So, I tune into SlayerS_Dragon's stream and find 20 Command Centers floating over what's left of a zerg base...lol

I also noticed he is playing the english version of the game. What is his story?

Keikaku

Here's my take, seeing as I've come up through Bronze league 3 times ;)

Bronze - Execute a poorly timed cheese/all-in. If you defend you win, either because they quit or because you're so ahead. Rarely goes out of poorly done 1-base play. The natural may be taken but production is not ramped up to compensate.
Silver - Cheeses are now executed more frequently though not always properly. Cheese builds are used regardless of the map, starting positions, etc. Expect below average 1-base play and poor 2-base play.
Gold - Cheese is less frequent but executed at an average level. 2 base play is the norm with 3rd bases starting to appear.
Platinum - Cheese is executed at slightly above average level but 2-base builds and timings are the norm. 3rd and 4th bases are taken.

Corran Horn

Bronze - Execute a poorly timed cheese/all-in. If you defend you win, either because they quit or because you're so ahead. Rarely goes out of poorly done 1-base play. The natural may be taken but production is not ramped up to compensate.
Silver - Cheeses are now executed more frequently though not always properly. Cheese builds are used regardless of the map, starting positions, etc. Expect below average 1-base play and poor 2-base play.
Gold - Cheese is less frequent but executed at an average level. 2 base play is the norm with 3rd bases starting to appear.
Platinum - Cheese is executed at slightly above average level but 2-base builds and timings are the norm. 3rd and 4th bases are taken.

Masters - Cheese is the norm.

mbmonk

Hmmm. This is slightly demoralizing. I guess I am going to have to learn to deal with the cheese since there is no escaping it.

Thanks for putting this together.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
poor 2 base play extends well into low diamond tbh.

its so odd trying to categorize the 'good' leagues when the majourity of the player base does not play 1v1 regularily, so an active top 25 bronze leaguer is still in the top half of all starcraft players at the time.

-.-

if 'good' was just defined as 'better than most', just about everyone who plays 1v1 ladder is good but nobody would ever say that because the skill range within the 'good' subset is biblical in scale.

poor 2 base play extends well into low diamond tbh.

its so odd trying to categorize the 'good' leagues when the majourity of the player base does not play 1v1 regularily, so an active top 25 bronze leaguer is still in the top half of all starcraft players at the time.

-.-

if 'good' was just defined as 'better than most', just about everyone who plays 1v1 ladder is good but nobody would ever say that because the skill range within the 'good' subset is biblical in scale.

You can come out and say it. You think I'm a good player :D

Mairu

I'm really sad about Slasher's show being canceled. It was hands down the best show in eSports. It's too bad some people couldn't get past his personality to actually watch it, but I don't think viewer numbers are the reason why it got canceled. I'd much rather watch a daily show that covers all eSports than a weekly show about a few guys shooting the shit. I hope he moves the show to onemoregametv.

Top Bottom