• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

ghst

thanks for the laugh
http://twitter.com/#!/EvilGeniuses/status/151001225477898240

omg! hype hype hype!

Korean possibility :

HongUn (formerly Prime)
JYP (formerly TSL)
Killer (formerly TSL)

maybe moon but moon still plays wc3, and EG has no wc3 team
killer would be the best fit. showed great form in code s (though that didn't last through to the up n downs), speaks good english, has that eg swagger.

they're all protoss, so hopefully whoever they pick will lead eg to dumping some of their dead weight. trim the fat, so to speak.

zlatko

Banned
killer would be the best fit. showed great form in code s (though that didn't last through to the up n downs), speaks good english, has that eg swagger.

they're all protoss, so hopefully whoever they pick will lead eg to dumping some of their dead weight. trim the fat, so to speak.

Why do you hate Incontrol so much?

Yeah killer would suit them. No idea if this has been talked about already but is there any chance EG will be in the team league? Would be awesome if they are.

Deadman

Yeah killer would suit them. No idea if this has been talked about already but is there any chance EG will be in the team league? Would be awesome if they are.

You need a minimum number of players, 5 i think, so they would need to bring more players over. Idra and huk have said there is not an agreement for a slayers/eg team in the gstl, though also mentioned they are currently negotiating a longer term partnership with them, maybe it will be part of that. Perhaps if that "mercenary" rule still exists there might still be a way, but who knows.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
who doesn't?

me and i guess you D:?
I love Incontrol... :/ but that's mostly because he's a guy I would definitely hang out with, maybe take a beer or two. But as a Starcraft player, he's rather, uh, not so hot.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Why do you hate Incontrol so much?
oh, i'd say he's about on par with jp.

one a slimy subservient gladhander, the other a snide, passive aggressive douchebag whose ego outstrips his ability 100 fold; together they are the geoff keighley of esports.

You need a minimum number of players, 5 i think, so they would need to bring more players over. Idra and huk have said there is not an agreement for a slayers/eg team in the gstl, though also mentioned they are currently negotiating a longer term partnership with them, maybe it will be part of that. Perhaps if that "mercenary" rule still exists there might still be a way, but who knows.

Well hopefully they bring in a few more players. A partnership with slayers for the team league sounds like a terrible solution. Slayers are already by far the biggest team and already have far more good players then would be required to be used (so we would miss out on watching a lot of players).

It's better than EG not being in the team league at all but only marginally so.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Well hopefully they bring in a few more players. A partnership with slayers for the team league sounds like a terrible solution. Slayers are already by far the biggest team and already have far more good players then would be required to be used (so we would miss out on watching a lot of players).

It's better than EG not being in the team league at all but only marginally so.
demuslim is on his way out too, so with the new guy they'd have the magic 5, albeit temporarily.

Jokab

oh, i'd say he's about on par with jp.

one a slimy subservient gladhander, the other a snide, passive aggressive douchebag whose ego outstrips his ability 100 fold, together, they are the geoff keighley of esports.
Okay, now I know you're just spewing bullshit.

Deadman

Actually yeah thats a good point, demuslim + new korean would make 5, demuslim has the up and down seed for gsl1 which means even if he loses all his games he also has code a for gsl 2. This means he could potentially be staying in korea for the entire duration of gstl1 anyway.

Jokab

i don't think even his biggest fans argue that one.
I don't argue that he is a terrible player for being on a pro-team; he is as shit as they get. But saying he is snide with a gigantic ego I think is completely false. Whenever he gets asked on SotG about his performance in recent tournaments, he flat out says he played bad and that he wasn't happy with his results, which he obviously shouldn't be. In one episode he talked about how he had been very depressed over his lack of performance, and took medicine for it. He's just a bad player who isn't getting any better from what it seems like, but from what I've seen he isn't blaming it on anything or thinking he is better than he is, which is why I don't see what there is to hate about him.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
I don't argue that he is a terrible player for being on a pro-team; he is as shit as they get. But saying he is snide with a gigantic ego I think is completely false. Whenever he gets asked on SotG about his performance in recent tournaments, he flat out says he played bad and that he wasn't happy with his results, which he obviously shouldn't be. In one episode he talked about how he had been very depressed over his lack of performance, and took medicine for it. He's just a bad player who isn't getting any better from what it seems like, but from what I've seen he isn't blaming it on anything or thinking he is better than he is, which is why I don't see what there is to hate about him.
you must've missed the line where he capped off a sneering, passive aggression laced argument (not debate) he was having with artosis and day9 a couple of weeks ago over mech in pvt by insisting that, unlike him, they didn't play sc2.

(._.)

Banned
you must've missed the line where he capped off a sneering, passive aggression laced argument (not debate) he was having with artosis and day9 a couple of weeks ago over mech in pvt by insisting that, unlike him, they didn't play sc2.

I think he has known both of them for like 6+ years now. I haven't heard this conversation but I noticed incontrol has a passive aggressive ego when around his group of friends talking starcraft. I think he is more of a personality than a player. I don't think stuff like that is an accurate representation of who he really is as a player.

Not from around here? It's totally Moon. He's teamless and was pretty great while playing and practicing both SC2 and WC3.

Moon had a gigantic salary when he was at Fox, so I doubt it would be him.

Probably either JYP or Sang Ho since they are old buddies of Puma.

Sliver

God damn EG buying that talent, good for them and their sponsor money I guess, but at least it's not Leenock. Hoping to see SlayersLeenock sometime.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
The Grack is back.

p0ZCY.jpg

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
the entire hour and a half video this comes from is hilarious.
it includes a second game vs gowser where he 7pools again.

Do you have a link to it? I looking through the Own3d archives but I can't find it.

jasonng

I'm back to hating Zerg. Such a terrible race to relearn.

Lost my placement match by a 1 base all in ling scrub. His speed was super late and timing was off so it threw me even more off. Still got into Diamond. Maybe Splinter's right, maybe diamond is the new gold.

Top Bottom