• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

zoukka

Most BM thing I've ever done is quit without saying GG. I bet most people playing SC2 have done it at one point.

I would feel like a jackass when doing so. But I've done it a few times. Most of it was beta when I didn't know shit about the game.

fanboi

Banned
Hmmm what hotkeys should one bind to the mouse (talking about two buttons possible)?

Center on base?
Add to controll group?
Something else?

Im zerg btw.

zlatko

Banned
LoooooooooooooooooooooL

You said it. Since when is MKP a girl, and since when is WoW the act of breaking objects within vicinity of your gaming computer?

Yoshi aim truthfully: "Stop breaking shit when I get mad." Work on that and uuuh uuuh get into masters.

Venfayth

Getting mad is the biggest problem for my friend. Nothing he does stops him from getting enraged when he gets cheesed or he thinks he lost for a dumb reason. Nothing

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I say this again: who the hell gets mad when playing a GAME

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I got a new keyboard!!! My cousin bought an HP PC and gave me the keyboard it came with. Wired, quiet keys, I'm pumped to use it and play again.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I get mad and say the most ridiculous things possible before I quit, hoping that my opponent just goes "what in the fuck?" and thinks I'm a crazy person.

I might be an actual crazy person.

jasonng

I got a new keyboard!!! My cousin bought an HP PC and gave me the keyboard it came with. Wired, quiet keys, I'm pumped to use it and play again.
Just in time FOOOOOOOOOR

lOAXv.png

Last Gaf Night for the year. It's a celebration, bitches. That's right, drinking is mandatory. No, you don't have to work tomorrow. What? Winter class session? What the fuck are you babbling about? No one gives a fuck about your wife and/or kids. And definitely kick your girlfriend to the curb. Because it's all about starcraft tonight.

Two drink minimum.

The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<1v1 obs>
<1v1 coaching>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<FFA>
<Team Monobattles>
<Custom Maps>
<Nuclear Arcade>
<Phantom Mode>
<Marrow's Micro Tournament>

Streams
-Corran's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666 (Main Stream)
-Hazard's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vggaming
-Vaultrin's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vaultrin21

Mumble Info Dump
Main server: IP = chi.eoreality.net and port = 64739
Backup server: IP = 67.23.187.114 and port = 20198
Download Here: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

zlatko

Banned
I actually would have came to GAF night tonight were it not for my sister deleting SC2 off her laptop.

:(

I didn't change Steam on her PC to not show pop ups or auto sign me into it when her computer is turned on, and so she saw I installed shit she didn't want. ; ;

Good news is I should have my gaming PC back next week for SC2 goodness.(Who am I kidding more like Skyrim since I only have 30 hours into it)

jasonng

How much alcohol would that be for me as I normally get drunk often during gaf stuff.

Half your age plus 7 more swigs of your beer.

Your rank division number divided by 3 shots of your preferred spirit.

And you must finish your beer every time I bitch about zerg imba.

Vaporak

Just in time FOOOOOOOOOR

lOAXv.png

Last Gaf Night for the year. It's a celebration, bitches. That's right, drinking is mandatory. No, you don't have to work tomorrow. What? Winter class session? What the fuck are you babbling about? No one gives a fuck about your wife and/or kids. And definitely kick your girlfriend to the curb. Because it's all about starcraft tonight.

Two drink minimum.

Hmm, GAF night or Skyrim.

The only time i BM is if they BM me first. usually i'll just keep pissing them off until they put me on ignore. The best ones are when they BM thinking they are going to own you and then fail. Usually it's much easier to get them too meltdown.

Hmm, GAF night or Skyrim.

You know in your heart what the answer should be. For aiur.
Skyrims boring anyway :p

Yoshichan

Skyrim and SC2 simultaneously.

Like a bouse.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
let me get this straight

protoss has collosus, stalkers, and a crap ton of zealots. terran and toss have equal supply

to fight this terran has to position his vikings in such a way that they shoot the colossus without letting them get hit by stalkers

terran has to emp the zealots and funnel them through a tight space while stutter stepping

terran has to stim at the right moment

and do this all simutaneously

while the protoss simply has to move his zealots to the front of the army and a move. am i perceiving this right? i think i am

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
let me get this straight

protoss has collosus, stalkers, and a crap ton of zealots. terran and toss have equal supply

to fight this terran has to position his vikings in such a way that they shoot the colossus without letting them get hit by stalkers

terran has to emp the zealots and funnel them through a tight space while stutter stepping

while the protoss simply has to move his zealots to the front of the army and a move. am i perceiving this right? i think i am

And I can say alot of the same about Terran.

Lulz press T and A move!

Vaporak

let me get this straight

Not really no... And you don't want to do the tight space thing, the more open the better for Terrans in TvP.

And i have to try and position my collosus so they can't get hit by vikings (which have a massive range). I also have to try and use my stalkers to blink around and try and pick off vikings so my collosus don't get evaporated in the engagement. Whilst doing this i have to try not to let my stalkers get to close to your ball because marauders destroy them.

You just position your vikings, bio and ghosts. I have to position collosus, zealots, stalkers, sentries and HT's.

I have to storm your army and try and split it with FF's. I also have to try and feeback ghosts and dropships whilst trying to prevent my HT's from getting sniped of emp'd.

You mean press T once?

You're way off and if you actually played protoss you would see how far just a moving your army would get you against terran.

You're also ignoring the early game of PvT where things are much more difficult for protoss.

I'm not going to say it's harder to play protoss than terran but everyone always thinks their race is the hardest.

Striek

let me get this straight

No. Its fun to oversimplify though. Ie.

Terran just has to target fire colossi with crapton of vikings then emp everything and stim the MMM. This process takes about 2 seconds. It takes longer and more key presses just for protoss to target fire the vikings with the stalkers than everything terran does in the engagement (also much harder positionally for stalkers vs. vikings than vikings vs. colossi).

Fun!

Also I don't know why there is a myth that chargelots beat MMM unless the terran does some insane kiting. A big enough ball of MMM unmicroed will slaughter almost infinite chargelots. Kiting just makes the terran army win with nearly no losses.

Really I don't know why you would complain about having to micro as terran anyway. The skill ceiling on ghost/MMM micro is so high but in a very beneficial way. At pro levels you see in 200/200 battles zerg/protoss armies lose their entire army to about 50 supply if the terran hits emps, snipes, stutter steps and splits. Lot of work but seems well worth it to me considering protoss/zerg don't have any counters to said micro if terran hits their emps (which is way easier than hitting a feedback, storm or fungal).

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i used to practice with kuduko.

but congrats on having lots of mediocre pros eu.
us na players will be sad over here with just select/idra/huk and all those tourney wins.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
No. Its fun to oversimplify though. Ie.

Terran just has to target fire colossi with crapton of vikings then emp everything and stim the MMM. This process takes about 2 seconds. It takes longer and more key presses just for protoss to target fire the vikings with the stalkers than everything terran does in the engagement (also much harder positionally for stalkers vs. vikings than vikings vs. colossi).

Fun!

Also I don't know why there is a myth that chargelots beat MMM unless the terran does some insane kiting. A big enough ball of MMM unmicroed will slaughter almost infinite chargelots. Kiting just makes the terran army win with nearly no losses.

Really I don't know why you would complain about having to micro as terran anyway. The skill ceiling on ghost/MMM micro is so high but in a very beneficial way. At pro levels you see in 200/200 battles zerg/protoss armies lose their entire army to about 50 supply if the terran hits emps, snipes, stutter steps and splits. Lot of work but seems well worth it to me considering protoss/zerg don't have any counters to said micro if terran hits their emps (which is way easier than hitting a feedback, storm or fungal).
chargelot archon is a great way to quickly close out a game when you're in a position of advantage, but the trades are usually heinously inefficient.

Deadman

i used to practice with kuduko.

but congrats on having lots of mediocre pros eu.
us na players will be sad over here with just select/idra/huk and all those tourney wins.

Thats cute. Btw europeans won more international tournaments than north americans did in 2011, by quite some distance.

(._.)

Banned
beat some guy who cannon rushed me then transitioned into DTs.

feels good man. was way ahead of him and had every counter to w/e he would transition into.

makes up for the plat player who beat me on metalopolis with a cannon rush last week.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Thats cute. Btw europeans won more international tournaments than north americans did in 2011, by quite some distance.
nobody cares about some pissant eu tourney with a $500 prize that gets called international because 8 countries are an hours drive away

socke won a coin toss tourney, congrats

Deadman

nobody cares about some pissant eu tourney with a $500 prize that gets called international because 8 countries are an hours drive away

socke won a coin toss tourney, congrats

I should have specified better, i only looked at tournaments with people from at least 2 continents.

Yoshichan

Panda... such impressive defensive mechanisms!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ok i think i've got a way to settle this. How about we go by how many neogaf tournaments each region has won ;).

Also gonna have to miss GAF night. I leave for work in an hour. Those holidays weren't long enough :p.

three way tie between na, sea and eu then.
me, paz and moemo.

MrKnives

Anyone know who was that chick with Jos? I watched his stream but I think I missed the introductions.

Also Jens how are you liking your NAOS 5000? I need a new mouse too the times have changed from the last time I bought one. Now every mouse is like this monstrosity.

45147_800x600_1.jpg
45143_800x600_1.jpg

It looks like a freaking batmobile. Right now I have a old MX518 and I love the feel of it so what would people recommend me? I know I can always just buy another MX518 but I was wondering if there is something better out there?

Striek

Put it on Sheths stream, watch ghosts rape everything, go afk come back and watch Rainbows stream, watching ghosts rape everything. Ghosts, why you so good.

MrKnives

^ Mr Liski, i like it very much actually. Good ergonomics good feel.

I also got a new computer mouse aswell!

I don't like the side "bumb" NAOS 5000 has :( Then again I don't know, maybe it feels ok. Too bad MX518 still costs a significant amount. Otherwise I would just get that and forget "upgrading". Don't fix something that ain't broken etc etc.

166957694_1202706156_o.jpg

Top Bottom