• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

fanboi

Banned
Checking out that GSL Code S chart, I realized that Boxer IS the biggest thing to happen in the SCII pro scene after all, no matter how he plays.

Reason? Check it out. IM, while having the two best players - Nestea and MVP -, struggles to get more than 3 players into Code S while Slayers have 6 players. OGS has 5, FXO/MVP has 4-4 each.

It seems to me that now Slayers house is the perfect environment to be in, even if their main players are Terrans. There is no place better for a P or a Z to learn the ZvT or PvT matchups, which is the most important matchup for both race, imho.

Its his god damn aura that get it done.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Terranigma or Chrono Trigger on New Years Eve?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
TBZOe.png

Bwahaha, and in chiller font too.

Perfect Panda.

jasonng

I wanted "Fuck this game shit terrans and their fucking no counter marines. Don't get me fucking started with hellions. Most fucking broke ass unit in game. And fuck Warp Prisms. LET'S FUCKING GIVE TOSS DROP HARASS TOO THAT'S A GREAT FUCKING IDEA."

Don't think it would fit though.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Panda is staring into your soul and when you finally realize, he's already got you.
one day you'll wake up in a cold sweat and find yourself feverishly stylizing your favourite ponies hair.

Only then will my work be complete.

I half want "terran op" on my avatar :(

I wanted "Fuck this game shit terrans and their fucking no counter marines. Don't get me fucking started with hellions. Most fucking broke ass unit in game. And fuck Warp Prisms. LET'S FUCKING GIVE TOSS DROP HARASS TOO THAT'S A GREAT FUCKING IDEA."

Don't think it would fit though.
;_;

I love you guys.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Tempted to break my 'no pics on internet' rule to have my photo with me between Fantasy and Bisu.
Still makes me giddy.
Ok, first of all he saw the composition of Puma, and secondly saying he didn't scout it implys that Puma did something even remotely surprising, which he did not.

Secondly the first engagement was in a choke and he had templars, which in theory is what you want, except Puma sniped every templar that attempted a storm because you know, ghosts outrange templar. It also implies there was a better spot to engage (more open for chargelots at expense of splash?), except for every battle you see that no matter where it takes place Puma simply keeps moving forward regardless of anything Hero can attempt positionally. When you have ghosts and vikings, you control space.

Thirdly, I'm not sure what constitutes a better composition against vikings? Every antiair unit protoss has is a paperweight except the archon, particularly after getting EMPed, and sucks ass supply for supply against anything terran has that shoots back. And obviously the archon is terrible susceptible to EMP. Everytime Puma loses vikings its because he flew them way away from his army.

Fourth, what does more armor/splash even mean? He had tons of templar positioned everywhere and he split them during engagements. Colossi were almost hardcountered. Archons would've been useless. His armor upgrade was maxed.

Lastly he didn't reinforce into battle because every battle was won decisively be Pumas composition. What was he going to do, send 20 chargelots into marine marauder? They would've struggled to kill even a couple severely stimmed units.
Do you know if it was on Pumas stream as well?

It's hard to know from just watching a single players view at high level.

(._.)

Banned
Tempted to break my 'no pics on internet' rule to have my photo with me between Fantasy and Bisu.
Still makes me giddy.

the screen cap of you and evilore at the oct gsl finals was posted iirc!

also how would i do mine i already have a face as an avatar

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Garbage player. If anyone wanna watch bad players, do it with style at least.

Trickster

Garbage player. If anyone wanna watch bad players, do it with style at least.

You just have bad taste is all. I know because I just bought a steelseries sensei mouse yesterday after my old g9 stopped working. It's an awesome mouse and you're a terrible person for saying otherwise!

Yoshichan

You just have bad taste is all. I know because I just bought a steelseries sensei mouse yesterday after my old g9 stopped working. It's an awesome mouse and you're a terrible person for saying otherwise!
Gutter trash. Just where that mouse ended up.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Interesting point in the Reddit JYP thread.

Hmmm Just a theory, but..

Assuming EG is building a core around:

Zerg: Idra Protoss: Huk, JYP Terran: Puma, Demuslim

You start to wonder if players like Stryfcro, Axslav, inControl, LZGamer , Machine are going to remain on EG. There roster is getting large and there is certainly a skill gap at the moment (2 tiers) Either way good luck to all the EG Players inControl, Axslav and Machine would not have any trouble finding a team with the excellent content they've given to the community. :)

I really hope they don't cut Machine or Axslav, they're both really good guys.

LZGamer and Stryfcro could be cut, and I see them keeping Machine and Axslav; both have potential I guess. Obviously InControl's value can't be measured in game success, so he'll stay and for good reason

so it's confirmed JYP is going to EG?

Deadman

Incontrol, axslav and machine are safe. They contribute enough to the awareness of eg and their sponsors to be worth it. They obviously arnt being paid the same as huk or idra so its not like they are breaking the bank on them.

Maybe lz and strifecro will eventually go but keeping them is essentially free. Eg owns the house they stay in anyway, their salaries will be minimal if they get paid at all and they have said in the past they are happy to have a group of "superstars" and then a group of potential good players for the future.

Deadman

Something called "pro league" is on. All the graphics seem to be turned down below lowest, i dont understand whats happening.

Yoshichan

ShallNoiseUpon... I swear to God, we've met somewhere...

Top Bottom