• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Played some SC2 today finally after like 3 weeks or a month or some shit. Played a match against the AI to warm up. Played the placement match for the season, won, got put in Bronze. 40th. Played another, am at 15th. I have like 75 bonus pool points so I'm hoping to soar to top 3 or some shit today. I just wanna get to silver man.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
allidoiswin.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPdIhFxbP-o

FoxSpirit

The market is being over saturated right now with no indication of slowing down. More and more Koreans are going to start streaming too. Streaming isn't going to viable to anyone, especially since there are very little differences between streams. At this point, only the name of the player matters. Major hitters will get their viewers but you have to be a bit worried when you have people like CombatEX streaming now.
Seriously, I watch a lot of streams and the only streams that really matter to me are the commented tournament streams and TotalBiscuit, who is an excellent self-commenter.

Dsetiny is simply nothing special anymore and the time I once watched the stream for a longer period he played a boring Zerg with zero map presence. If I'm gonna watch an uncommented Zerg stream it's gotta be Violet, aggro Zerg ftw :p

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
The market is being over saturated right now with no indication of slowing down. More and more Koreans are going to start streaming too. Streaming isn't going to viable to anyone, especially since there are very little differences between streams. At this point, only the name of the player matters. Major hitters will get their viewers but you have to be a bit worried when you have people like CombatEX streaming now.

Has his viewers numbers shrinked from going to own3d? Seems lower that he use to get but then again tons of more people are streaming now.

It's only gonna get worse when IM starts streaming in 2012.

I personally hate watching Own3d streams because it keeps randomly unmuting itself, shit pisses me off.

Yea it took awhile but Koreans finally realized streaming is good. Given how saturated things are it was only a matter of time before the money dried up. Which is bad news for guys like Destiny who have no other revenue stream. I don't expect the bubble to burst soon, but we'll definitely see money move away from the smaller scale, "grass roots" types.

If SC2 ever gets big in Korea (lol) streaming could be quite lucrative there, temporarily. Right now there's no doubt at least 70% of all viewers Koreans are getting come from foreigners

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Yea it took awhile but Koreans finally realized streaming is good. Given how saturated things are it was only a matter of time before the money dried up. Which is bad news for guys like Destiny who have no other revenue stream. I don't expect the bubble to burst soon, but we'll definitely see money move away from the smaller scale, "grass roots" types.

If SC2 ever gets big in Korea (lol) streaming could be quite lucrative there, temporarily. Right now there's no doubt at least 70% of all viewers Koreans are getting come from foreigners

even if sc2 gets big in korea the streaming viewership will be foreign dominated. We have more warm bodies, we win.

jasonng

If Korea ever picks up sc2, it would be patches after the last expansion. If there's any hope for streaming, it would be Korean ad revenue. Don't ask me how that would work though.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
the last time i saw you play, you would [when scouting] follow your scout around issuing new commands everytime it crossed a screens distance.

it was adorable but it also eats up a ton of time. so instead of following your unit, select it and click on where on the map you want him to go. [move/a move/patrol/whatever]

Tashi

Oh you are just adorable.
<3 Aren't I?

Edit: this is a big miss communication! I called the streamers noobs because theyre losing viewers as more and more players joined. Then you replied to that and I took it as you making fun of my noob skills. But that confused me because I wasn't talking about their skill. But I do appreciate the tip <3

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
<3 Aren't I?

Edit: this is a big miss communication! I called the streamers noobs because theyre losing viewers as more and more players joined. Then you replied to that and I took it as you making fun of my noob skills. But that confused me because I wasn't talking about their skill. But I do appreciate the tip <3

oh i just thought you were announcing you were going to ladder/play, since you've just gotten your new keyboard. -_-

FoxSpirit

I'm sorry, there is a streaming bubble?? Do you suggest we, the viewers who still hang around, will suddenly vanish, crashing the total viewer count by 75%?? Or did you misrepresent the bubble ter? ;-P

And TotalBiscuit today was, "Wtf guys, I have 4k viewers. Why do you hang around? I play terrible!!" Ah, entertainment, why can't I quit you? :p

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I'm sorry, there is a streaming bubble?? Do you suggest we, the viewers who still hang around, will suddenly vanish, crashing the total viewer count by 75%?? Or did you misrepresent the bubble ter? ;-P

And TotalBiscuit today was, "Wtf guys, I have 4k viewers. Why do you hang around? I play terrible!!" Ah, entertainment, why can't I quit you? :p

the money they make now won't be there as more people stream and reduce the revenue for streamers. Spreads out too much.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
the money they make now won't be there as more people stream and reduce the revenue for streamers. Spreads out too much.
thats assuming advertisers don't take notice and begin targeting the streaming market.
more ads, more money, more support for more players.

Corran Horn

hmmm

Hey everyone! I hope you all enjoyed NASL’s second season. We had a blast throughout, and now that the holidays are over… we’re back in the lab getting ready for another awesome season. We have big plans and will be addressing a majority of the community’s concerns about our product. Here is a short list of changes you can expect moving forward!

*Re-tooled website! The days of a clunky and inefficient VOD interface are over. We are going through a re-design and will be implementing a lot more fun interactive features
*New subscription model! We will be exploring several options to open up our free stream to higher qualities in addition to giving users free VOD access on Youtube!
*LIVE / AS-LIVE broadcasting! We will be bringing you multiple matches totally LIVE each day, and games won’t be broadcast more than a day after they are played
*Exciting additional content! We are working on having another event in addition to our regular season that will run concurrently and showcase some of the world’s best talent playing for some big prizes.

While all these fun things are being built, we have great content planned for the offseason. We will be hosting our first ever team league! If you want to watch some of the best teams in the world fight for $10,000 in prizes, now is your chance! We also are happy to announce that you can enjoy all of our offseason content in 1080p on our live stream as well as on our VODs absolutely free!

If you want to find out how you can sign YOUR team up to have a shot at playing in the big leagues, stay tuned for a more detailed announcement tomorrow.

FoxSpirit

That's not a streaming bubble, that's a streamer's bubble. :p
The money for streaming will always be there, but only good streamers will keep the people bound to them.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Wow Ret is almost hitting 9k for viewers right now. Wonder what caused this huge bump, he usually sits at 1-3k.

He's commentating his play.

Edit: Oh and he has a girl on his stream

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
They did give too many partnerships away, they seem to be willing to give them to anyone.

Corran Horn

Welllllll... language is precision work, my friend. Especially when we talk about varieties of economic bubbles.

Just like Starcraft ;-)

Cool. We will see how streaming is when people start doing it less since they are not making much money off it.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I played someone here yesterday. I forgot who it was. Nooby mistake of walking army and not watching it. Oh well. At least I beat up a bronze leaguer Zerg and some Protoss guy IN BRONZE who 4 gated, expanded to the gold, and got blink while spending his money.
After I held his 4 gate after my 2 rax expand he said 'your not in bronze r u'. Then I stimmed into his army and killed him. Aw yea.
Also bunkers are pretty good.
There should be enough diversity to support player streams as is I think. Events, I don't know.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Okay, you need to work on relaxing your hand during SC2 play. This may sound trivial but actually you seem to have accumulated quite a bit of tension in your hand. Something like Hand-QiGong-ball rolling should be really beneficial.

QiGong is the most amazing technique ever to exist.
It heals everything.
I could feel my own chi between my hands after the first session. (Alright, I cheated I guess, cause 6 months of yoga was done before that).

Yoshi, I suggest you look up the basic QiGong practices online, and buy the balls. Do that between ladder matches for half a minute while you are in the queue, and breath from your stomach instead of the chest, and you will get rid of the stress aswell.
Thank you both... I really appreciate it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
no, the plan was for him to say 'no' and then for me to reveal that i was talking about halo, but he didn't fall for it.
:3

Tashi

no, the plan was for him to say 'no' and then for me to reveal that i was talking about halo, but he didn't fall for it.
I'm a good Halo player, we don't fall for 1v1 callouts. Lolz.

What's the equivalent in SC2 talk?

Top Bottom